Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Dave_Billing

Beta Testers Wanted!

killer2 said:

Ok,tell me what you think of it when you're done.
EDIT:Also,did you look into that invisibility secret?

The animation of the glass breaking is poor, in my opinion, it is a bit 'slow' and needs considerably more frames. My project is more akin to the Quake II style of glass breaking, and it seems to fit the map best. Portal 2 style would be nice, but obviously, that won't be an option. I'll keep my options open on that one. Thanks for reminding me about the invisibility secret, I'll take a look at the one.

Dave_Billing said:

Just fixed the invisibility sphere problem :).

Nice.When can we expect a new version?Also,I sent you a Pm about integrating Perkristian's weapon sprites into this,look into it.

To all the Beta Testers, I've just uploaded the second revision of the WAD to Google Docs. Look for the latest version as sorted by date.

The original link should still work, if not send me a message and I'll send it to you.

I am planning to revise the wad in response to complaints about doors not opening at all. I have found an issue with the ops room door and have rectified it, but it will certainly help if people can point out other door issues for me to look at. Please email me with screen shots or coordinates for doors that aren't working. Generally they work the first time, I suspect that other scripts maybe disabling them prematurely or when they're not supposed to.

I like how you are using solely light textures and light fixtures to give off light, just like in Half-Life and Doom 3 and all other games that do this.

Dave_Billing said:

I am planning to revise the wad in response to complaints about doors not opening at all. I have found an issue with the ops room door and have rectified it, but it will certainly help if people can point out other door issues for me to look at. Please email me with screen shots or coordinates for doors that aren't working. Generally they work the first time, I suspect that other scripts maybe disabling them prematurely or when they're not supposed to.

While you're at it...could you make the boss suck less? I think I beat him in under 15 seconds.

killer2 said:

While you're at it...could you make the boss suck less? I think I beat him in under 15 seconds.

I'll look at it, no guarantees though.