Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jdagenet

Help with custom actor

I made a custom powerup and everything works fine however when I spawn the item it is more than half way in the floor, I'm not sure why it's doing it. This is the DECORATE for the item:

actor PowerDoubleDamage : PowerDamage
{
DamageFactor "normal", 2
inventory.icon "HLPWA0"
}

actor HellDamage : PowerupGiver 32767
{
powerup.type DoubleDamage
inventory.pickupmessage "You have Hell Damage!"
+INVENTORY.FANCYPICKUPSOUND
+AUTOACTIVATE
+INVENTORY.ALWAYSPICKUP
+NOGRAVITY
powerup.duration 1000
inventory.maxamount 0
States
{
	Spawn:
		HLPW ABCD 4 bright
		loop
	}
}
The only thing I can think of is the sprite entry is not like a item sprite, it looks like a a weapon sprite in SLADE but I don't how to change that, it's a PNG format but SlADE thinks it's a weapon I guess. Could someone help me?

Have you got the latest Slade 3? It has this default offset setting for sprites vs HUD or Graphics

Somewhere in the window it has a default offset pull-down menu with those options

Yeah, it sounds like your image isn't offset properly. In SLADE 3, clicking on the image in the "Entries" panel should let you change the offsets.

First of all, after selecting the image, there should be a box visible in the upper right side of the screen which probably says "auto" by default; change that to "sprite", not "auto", "graphic" or "HUD". Once you do that, the crosshair should show you where your sprite sits in relation to the ground. Using the "Offsets" fields above the image view, horizontally centre your sprite, and set it as high vertically as it needs to be.

A couple of pixels below the horizonal line is good for things that are meant to be sitting directly on the ground, while a few pixels above are helpful for floating items similar to the soulsphere.

phobosdeimos1 said:

Have you got the latest Slade 3? It has this default offset setting for sprites vs HUD or Graphics

Somewhere in the window it has a default offset pull-down menu with those options

Ah yes I found it, there was a little corner sticking out behind my toolbar, thank you.