Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Kyka

Interesting Glitch (DoomBuilder)

So I am working on this map with a texture pack, and as you can see from this image, the texture is a switch texture, (SW1LION) but in 3D mode, it clearly shows a dark startan texture.

So I went back and checked, and no these two patches don't share the same name, and there is no obvious fault with the texture pack as far as I can tell.

Now what is really interesting is this. If I load up the same texture pack with a different map (which also uses that texture pack), then this time the same texture displays correctly.

Any thoughts?

Are you using the GZDoom 3D mode plugin while working on a non-UDMF map? That's the only thing that immediately comes to my mind. Otherwise I'd guess it's an issue in the texture resource itself, but that's just me talking out of my ass, as usual.

Nah, nothing like that. Just a straight up Doom2 format with a texture pack added.

I just (couldn't think of anything else to do.) closed everything down and restarted, and now the texture works like it should. Didn't change anything.

Go figure.

Thanks Mithran, I think my PC is talking out of it's ass, not you. :)

Yes, you are correct in thinking that I had been making some changes to the texture pack, but these changes had nothing to do with any of the textures/patches involved in the glitch I mentioned earlier.

But I don't think I did what you are saying, as I had to reload the altered texture pack each time in order to be able to check the new textures/flats in DoomBuilder, which I was doing as I made the changes.

So I would hit 'F2' in DB to reload the resources each time I made some changes.

[edit] I should add that when I checked the same texture pack with the two different maps, I hadn't made any changes during the time the two above screenies were taken.

Mithran Denizen said:

Are you using the GZDoom 3D mode plugin while working on a non-UDMF map? That's the only thing that immediately comes to my mind. Otherwise I'd guess it's an issue in the texture resource itself, but that's just me talking out of my ass, as usual.

I love you Mister Denizen