Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Juggerdan

Risen3D vintage models

Recommended Posts

Hello fellow Doomers - I'm new here and this is my first post.
I’m looking for this exact Risen3D pack that is contained in this youtube video (Doom 3D Models in Risen3D)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4dNkfCJ96PA

I want these exact hud weapons and monsters. I can't find these anywhere. The New Risen3D pack puts too much strain on my graphics card, and I don’t like the look of the new Former Human Soldiers - they look to normal and less undead. I think this pack is from 2007. I want this pack where the Former Humans have black hair and look very undead. And the Chain-Gun in this video is awesome.
Your help would be greatly appreciated - cuz I'm a hardcore Doom fan.
Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post

The oldest downloads I can find at short notice are from December 2008, the models don't seem much different to a 2006 set that's sitting in my archives so your graphics card might accept them. The black haired former human is probably from Chiv's alternate soldier models, which you can download from the same page. Hope this helps.

Share this post


Link to post
GreyGhost said:

The oldest downloads I can find at short notice are from December 2008, the models don't seem much different to a 2006 set that's sitting in my archives so your graphics card might accept them. The black haired former human is probably from Chiv's alternate soldier models, which you can download from the same page. Hope this helps.


The Only pack that works for me is that Sitters Former Human - that I don’t particularly care for. Chiv’s doesn’t seem to work for my Risen3D. If it is not too much trouble, would it be possible for me to get that 2006 pack off of you?

Share this post


Link to post
NiuHaka said:

I could be wrong but I think those are the same models used in the jDRP (jDoom Resource Pack) mod which is used with the Doomsday Engine. Like I said, I could be wrong but if you are still interested in using Doomsday you can get the mod here -> http://files.dengine.net/tracker/torrents/jdrp-packaged-20070404.zip.torrent

Only useful if you can handle torrent files.


Yes, you are correct - this is the pack with all the best Former Human Soldiers in it. I do prefer the Doomsday Engine over Rinse3D. But Rinse3d has the best Chain-Gun. I already tried that JDRP Pack for my Doomsday - apparently you need Snowberry to make it work, and I have been unsuccessful at finding Snowberry so far - I‘m not even sure they have it anymore, if it is included in the Doomsday install - I didn’t get it in my version. I see that there is a pack of JDRP alpha for Risne3D, but it also doesn’t seem to work.

Share this post


Link to post
Juggerdan said:

...apparently you need Snowberry to make it work, and I have been unsuccessful at finding Snowberry so far - I‘m not even sure they have it anymore, if it is included in the Doomsday install - I didn’t get it in my version. I see that there is a pack of JDRP alpha for Risne3D, but it also doesn’t seem to work.


Well, snowberry comes with the beta version which I highly recommend over the current stable version. You can find it here -> http://sourceforge.net/projects/deng/files/Doomsday%20Engine/1.9.0-beta6.9/

The beta version looks and runs better (except for some minor bugs) and my mods do not support the current stable version. (shameless plug alert) You can find more information on my mods here -> http://www.doomworld.com/vb/wads-mods/54379-doom-ascension-mod-recruitment-announcements-image-heavy/

Good luck on your search.

Share this post


Link to post
Juggerdan said:

If it is not too much trouble, would it be possible for me to get that 2006 pack off of you?

Here you go - the standard model sets plus Chiv's soldiers. Good luck.

Share this post


Link to post
NiuHaka said:

Well, snowberry comes with the beta version which I highly recommend over the current stable version. You can find it here -> http://sourceforge.net/projects/deng/files/Doomsday%20Engine/1.9.0-beta6.9/

The beta version looks and runs better (except for some minor bugs) and my mods do not support the current stable version. (shameless plug alert) You can find more information on my mods here -> http://www.doomworld.com/vb/wads-mods/54379-doom-ascension-mod-recruitment-announcements-image-heavy/

Good luck on your search.


Your link for Doomsday worked, as did that model pack. Thank you. That was very helpful

Share this post


Link to post
GreyGhost said:

Here you go - the standard model sets plus Chiv's soldiers. Good luck.


Thanks a lot for the link to the 2006 archive models - they were exactly what I was looking for!. However I tried them in my new Risen3D and they don’t work. Perhaps I need a older version of Risne3D, a version before the recent update. I hate to be a further pain in the ass, but do you know where I can download a older version of Risen3D?.

Share this post


Link to post

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
×