Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Hellbent

Doom Missions

Your Doom Mission, should you choose to accept it:

Warp to E3M7 and complete the level. Then beat the spider mastermind using only the pistol. Extra points if you do it with 100 bullets or less. (edit: you may use any weapon on e3m7, but only the pistol or fists on E3M8)

Should you succeed, post your own prescribed Doom mission.

eternal slumber said:

I know it takes almost 400 bullets to kill a cyber with the chaingun, so is it even possible to kill a spiderdemon with 100 bullets?

Infighting.

Mission accomplished! I accidentally fired plasmagun at the end, but it doesn't matter (the spider got stuck, so the baron would kill him anyway).

NEXT MISSION: Complete Doom 2 MAP02 on UV with one restriction. You can shoot only 7 times.

Mission 2: Complete Map23: Barrels o' Fun without destroying a single barrel.

40oz said:

Mission 2: Complete Map23: Barrels o' Fun without destroying a single barrel.

Is this without ME destroying a single barrel, meaning that enemies can?

Memfis said:

Mission accomplished! I accidentally fired plasmagun at the end, but it doesn't matter (the spider got stuck, so the baron would kill him anyway).

NEXT MISSION: Complete Doom 2 MAP02 on UV with one restriction. You can shoot only 7 times.

Nice memfis :) Would still like to see someone do it without getting spidey stuck. Those shortcuts you took on e3m7 were kinda cool. I usually only jump to the plasma rifle, and I have jumped to the yellow key once or twice, but don't think I've ever attempted jumping to the exit bridge.

PROTIP: Monsters can't destroy barrels if they are dead

Memfis said:

I could probably do it after completing level 1 but trying to do it from a pistol start on level 2 is kind of annoying. I'll try a little longer before giving up tho

40oz said:

PROTIP: Monsters can't destroy barrels if they are dead

Yeah but one shot then the Hell Knights awaken then they have a chance to destroy the barrels. plus the chaingunners are pinned in by the barrels and just a few shots from them and they will explode.

I guess its possible with a kill monster command, but wont that defeat the purpose of the challenge?

But can it be done without editing or crouch-jumping in ports that allow it?

EDIT*

@DoomHero85: I got passed it without blowing it up. It took a couple tries though, easy enough. The rest of the map though.. I'm not so sure about.

All I did was punch it at an angle.

Here's a video of the final barrel being moved, without exploding.

New link:
http://youtu.be/RMSw0p0U9C4

I hope everyone was watching that, because I shall not be doing that again.

I ended E3M7 with 33 bullets, no armor and 92 health... so it ended up being a game of peek-a-boo between spidey and my fist with 5% health by then. Took at least an hour and a half.

Challenge: Complete Icon of Sin on UV the "proper way" (no mouselook) without killing any other monsters.

Edit: Memfis, may I assume you mean we're allowed to punch as much as we want?

I'm not doing any of these because I have no way of recording a demo currently. However; I'll give you one:

DOOM 2 - MAP24;
You can't shoot.
and you have to walk backwards.

Good luck.

Wow, it's quite hard to done that on E3M8. But I can't say it's impossible. Kimo Xvirus once done a tyson run for that map, but it takes a lot of luck to do it. One stragegy is to led good infighting between everything.

E2M1 one-handed isn't hard if you use vanilla-style mouse movement and just keep your hand on the mouse. :P

Even a clumsy git like me can do it that way. I had trouble remembering which mouse button acts as "Use" when double clicked, though, heh.

Since we've moved on, I guess I'll post the intended way I had in mind for my challenge: stock up on as many bullets as you can on e3m7. Admittedly you won't be able to get very many. Two clips from fallen zombiemen = 10, a box of bullets by the bridge for another 50 and two ammo clips, one by the 3 medkit rad suit and the other in a little alcove in the soul sphere room brings you up to 80, the backpack gives you another 10 for 90. 90+50 you start with =140.

So the strategy I employed was get the sargeants to drop a shotgun by infighting and then get the blue key, get the red key, get the plasma gun, fry everyone in the blue armor secret, grab the blue armor, stock up on health, fry everyone, stock up on health again, grab the soul sphere and exit with 140 bullets, 200 health and 1xx armor.

Then get the baron and the spidey fighting immediately so that the cacodemons do not infight with baron. Grab the plasma-gun (to get it out of the way) and the blue armor, shoot spidey as soon as baron's plasma ball hits spidey, so spidey turns his wrath and baron. Try to line the cacodemons up so they hit spidey while they try to hit you, but be sure not to let cacos hit baron, all-the-while you are hitting spidey with pistol.

Once baron loses his futile battle with spidey, get spidey to hit both cacos so they are both attacking spidey simultaneously, but be sure to get a constant barage of bullets on spidey so he continues to turn his wrath at you and not the cacos. Once you run out of ammo, try to punch her when you can, and hope she turns on the cacos later than sooner. If you've done well, the cacos will end spidey before spidey ends them; because you've taken nearly half her health with your pistol, and the baron and cacos earlier wore her down more and then the cacos finish her off.

This works sometimes but not all the time and I can't do it in chocolate because I'm not used to the mouse behavior (I really do prefer zdoom).

EDIT: The e2m1 challenge was fun because it wasn't stupid hard *cough*map24noshootbackwards*cough*

DoomHero85 said:

I meant one handed keyboard only guys :P

Ohhhh! did not realize that. Thought you meant player can only use fist.

EDIT: Beat it with 100/100/100 but nearly died in the plasma room.

Here's a few to keep you guys busy as I may be away awhile, computer problems :(

1. Beat E1 without ever changing weapons except when picking up a weapon for the first time.
2. Beat map 28 "Spirit World" only using the shotgun.
3. Beat "Stronghold" map 10 of TNT without killing any chaingunners (yourself, infighting is okay).
4. Beat map 29 (Doom 2) only using the chaingun given at the beginning and never picking up a health item.

Here's a real challenge:

Beat e4m1 blindfolded (on UV of course).