Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Csonicgo

Who is "Terry" ?

Recommended Posts

I'm not sure if you've seen the /Newstuff chronicles lately, but there's been some wierd wads by one person with different names, all ending in -y , that seem to be interesting maps at first, only to devolve into a shitfest of earrape, onscreen text floods, and threats to... well, my ass, or all things.


Who is this person? What community are they involved in, and who are they trying to troll? Furthermore, who do we contact to get this moron's wads removed from /idgames for good? We don't need this tripe, and we shouldn't have to put up with it.

Share this post


Link to post

Either Anonymous or myg0t, which obviously consider DW's rectum an easy mark.

Share this post


Link to post

Lupinx-Kasssman replied in the /newstuff thread:
Judging by the maps being for skulltag, and the first terry wad having references to clan BD and other skulltag/multiplayer community stuff in general, I think its safe to say he is a skulltagger.

Share this post


Link to post

I can't say that I know much about Terry because I only played one of his wads, but I'll say this. He is most certainly a troll, and trolls all operate under similar stimuli. They feed off of the responses that they get to whatever the hell it is they're doing. In my opinion, the best way to get rid of Terry and his many aliases is to stop commenting his wads in the Doomworld /idgames section of the site, stop paying him any attention, and stop discussing him publicly. Hell, don't even review his stuff for the /newstuff chronicles. Without anyone feeding him responses, either positive or negative, he'll lose interest and vanish.

Share this post


Link to post
Vordakk said:

[...] the best way to get rid of Terry and his many aliases is to stop commenting his wads in the Doomworld /idgames section of the site, stop paying him any attention, and stop discussing him publicly. Hell, don't even review his stuff for the /newstuff chronicles. Without anyone feeding him responses, either positive or negative, he'll lose interest and vanish.


I think that this is the perfect solution. You basically read my mind.

Share this post


Link to post
fullmetalvaran33 said:

I think that this is the perfect solution. You basically read my mind.


I third that. He's just going to keep throwing out junk as long as his maps get ANY type of attention. Don't feed the trolls!, and they say. Then they'll starve and lose interested from lack of attention. They only get a laugh when other people play the wads and publicly say what a horrible joke they are. Without that, there's no underlying reason they'd want to stay around.

But if you keep feeding the troll, it's a safe bet he's not going to go away. So "starving" them of attention is probably the best effective method.

Share this post


Link to post

Heh, it's funny. I recently made a thread cataloging all his WAD's under his many names. I've probably missed some. Then there's the thread I also made about how a GB file compressed into like 1 MB, in reference to one of his wads.

You know, there comes a point where he'll make a 95% legit wad, so you'll play through a lot of it. And then hit the assfuck switch in the least expected time, but far into the wad.

Share this post


Link to post
buttspit said:

You know, there comes a point where he'll make a 95% legit wad, so you'll play through a lot of it. And then hit the assfuck switch in the least expected time, but far into the wad.


If that happens:

1) Deny the wad any attention in its present form. (No /idgames comments or even ratings, no mention on the forums, and no /newstuff review)

2) Edit it to either make the "assfuck switch" an exit switch or to add a proper closing area behind that switch.

3) Upload the wad and do not bother giving Terry's map credit as a base. Review and comment on the uploaded map as if it's completely original.

That should treat the troll proper! Hopefully after enough time he'll lose all interest. And let's knock on wood he doesn't come onto these forums.

Share this post


Link to post
MegaDoomer said:

3) Upload the wad and do not bother giving Terry's map credit as a base. Review and comment on the uploaded map as if it's completely original.


That would be a mistake. Spite can be an incredible motivator.

Share this post


Link to post

I can't help but think that he is a member of this forum and may be an active poster (and in extension, of skulltag forums, too).

Share this post


Link to post
buttspit said:

I can't help but think that he is a member of this forum and may be an active poster (and in extension, of skulltag forums, too).

I believe that many trolls here are just alt personalities of active posters. It would just be nice if we could figure out who some of them are...

Share this post


Link to post
Marcaek said:

That would be a mistake. Spite can be an incredible motivator.


I guess you're kind of correct, since if he does see it there is the risk of spite (and in that case who knows what he'll do? UACMN2?), and if he doesn't see it (i.e. he does not pay attention to other people's uploads, which is the assumption I'm running under), it won't make any difference in terms of "starving the troll". So the better approach is to probably just deny attention to anything he uploads - no /idgames comments or even ratings, no /newstuff reviews, and nothing on these forums about them.

When thinking most throughly about it, my suggestion would just make right out of his wrong (in terms of having what should be a good map be a good map), but if anything, it would only feed the troll, not starve it. So I think outright ignorance is ultimately the safest policy to try.

Share this post


Link to post
MegaDoomer said:

So the better approach is to probably just deny attention to anything he uploads - no /idgames comments or even ratings, no /newstuff reviews, and nothing on these forums about them.

A "Troll - ignore" comment (or something similar) in the /idgames database could serve as a warning to players and potential reviewers alike, with the message repeated in /newstuff reviews. My preferred option would be to turn Terry and his maps into a running joke, if we laugh at him long enough he might take the hint and inflict himself on some other community.

Share this post


Link to post

post-hell this thread then.
because its existence on the normal forums gives power to aforementioned individual.
ignorance is bliss.

Share this post


Link to post

interesting that he considers an old game with a relatively small community a good target. making bad maps for call of duty would give him a larger audience.

i've never tried his so-called maps, but i'm not missing the experience.

Share this post


Link to post
Pirx said:

interesting that he considers an old game with a relatively small community a good target. making bad maps for call of duty would give him a larger audience.

i've never tried his so-called maps, but i'm not missing the experience.


COD's maps were already bad to begin with.

Share this post


Link to post
Pirx said:

interesting that he considers an old game with a relatively small community a good target. making bad maps for call of duty would give him a larger audience.


That would require the currently popular call of duties to actually have custom map compatibility.

Share this post


Link to post

He makes "innocent_looking_but_not_inside.wad" files. I saw "Temple of Chaos". It is on Newstuff #396.

Share this post


Link to post

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
×