Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mirko

What is your favourite way to play Doom?

Casual Playthough, Cooperative, Deathmatch, Speedrun etc.

Me personally, I play a bit of everything.

I play Doom with Scoredoom with the Add-on pack. (I know it ups the chances of me dying considerably, but what can I say? I'm masochistic (to a certain degree) that way.)

@vinnie245 - I play Scoredoom a lot more, but I thoroughly play through a different megawad every time. (I'll leave the slaughter ones for last, this time)

What's a "casual playthrough," exactly?

I just do SP runs most of the time. Try to get to the exit without dying. Nothing fancy.

The last few times I've fired up Doom, the ritual has consisted of getting really stoned and trying to speedrun PSX Final Doom on any of the three episodes. It's a real thrill and perhaps is my favorite way to play. That, or checking out new mods.

Now I'm starting to wonder who doesn't play DOOM while wacked out on some sort of mind-altering substances.

coop or invasion online. Those experiences add a whole lot to doom. Actually feels like I'm... not playing doom.

I really don't know how to put it. I sometimes narrate while playing in my head, like there is some huge storyline to it.

It just feels more movie styled than actually playing doom.

If alone...

random mod, doom 2 single player, quit when it tires me (which is, sadly, quite fast)

Megamur said:

Now I'm starting to wonder who doesn't play DOOM while wacked out on some sort of mind-altering substances.

With pot being more popular and more widely accepted than ever, I would assume a sizeable chunk of most gamers are probably casual or habitual users.

Megamur said:

wacked out - lol

I play Doom 1/2 + random pwads with prBoom+, keyboard + mouse (no mouselook) + fast monsters

GoatLord said:

With pot being more popular and more widely accepted than ever

Not to turn this into a pot debate, but I just hope this influence finds it's way into the government, so we can end this futile drug culture war.

That being said, take a guess at what I was on when I came up with Koliko's Adventure. :P

Sodaholic said:

Not to turn this into a pot debate, but I just hope this influence finds it's way into the government, so we can end this futile drug culture war.

That being said, take a guess at what I was on when I came up with Koliko's Adventure. :P

The Fisk Law: As the conversation on doomworld forums continues, the probability of Sodaholic bringing up pot reaches one.

generally with lots of shotgun shells and chainsaw

PRIMEVAL said:

Successfully.

Obviously we need a new thread entitled "How are you Successful when Playing Doom?".

Which will in turn be followed by a "How do you Define Successful Play in Doom?" thread.

Followed thereafter by "How do you celebrate you Doom successes?"

Anywho, I typically just play casually. I'd like to DM more, and maybe do a co-op game sometime, but SP is my favorite method of approach. If I start drinking I'll make the occasional demo. I've tried it sober and I just get annoyed, which I guess explains why my demos are always so ugly.

Phobus said:

Obviously we need a new thread entitled "How are you Successful when Playing Doom?".

Which will in turn be followed by a "How do you Define Successful Play in Doom?" thread.

I am successfully successful at playing Doom with success.

Okay, success is starting to sound funny to me -.0

Singleplayer 100%. I haven't played multi for a few years since I find it either too repetitive (deathmatch) or lacking any incentive to play well (coop).

Also,

Megamur said:

I don't. :(