Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
yellowmadness54

what would you not want to see in DOOM4?

Recommended Posts

Juggerdan said:

1# The Soul Cube - it sucked, an ruined the game play.

2# Cut-Scenes and Cinema Sequences - this doesn’t work for first person shooters.

3# Slow Paced game play / make Doom 4 have faster game play than Doom 3 had

4# Low monster population / Doom 4 should have way more monsters than Doom 3 had in each level.

5# The Doom 3 Shotgun - it’s shot spread was a joke.

6# All the Doom 3 weapon and monster designs - scrap them and revert back to classic Doom

7# Vehicle driving sequences - like what Quake 4 had. Please… no vehicles for Doom. Keep Doom 4 100% first person.

8# The Doom 3 storyline - scrap it and use the story of Classic Doom. without the Half-life type arrival and with Heaven and the Soul Cube. Give us the twisted ending that Doom 1 had.

9# A sequel to Doom 3 - Just do a remake of Doom 1 and Doom 2: Hell on earth.

10# (punching) - please do not have the Marine punch demons - it is incredibly idiotic and the marine would obviously get his ass kicked. Just scrap the pistol and do what was to be done with [Alpha Doom] where the marine starts out with a semi auto rifle, that also has a bayonet for melee attacks.


#1: How, exactly? Kill five or more enemies, get the ability to throw it at an enemy and heal from it in the endgame portion of the game. Entirely optional to use it outside the final battle, too.

#2: Uhhhh..... nope. It clearly does work considering how many games do it. Communities like this one bitching about such a feature constantly does not mean it doesn't work.

#6: Nope.

#8: 2011+ game with a paragraph or two in the manual and a couple text pages between levels.... No. Far too much regression, and regression is worse than stagnation.

#9. See my point made earlier: Just play the fucking games in a source port that has advanced graphics. The world doesn't need more unnecessary remakes, especially not of things you can already enjoy without spending another $60.

Share this post


Link to post
Juggerdan said:

10# (punching) - please do not have the Marine punch demons - it is incredibly idiotic and the marine would obviously get his ass kicked. Just scrap the pistol and do what was to be done with [Alpha Doom] where the marine starts out with a semi auto rifle, that also has a bayonet for melee attacks.


Um, Classic Doom had that and from what I can tell, we love it, especially with Berserk. And why would a marine NOT have a pistol? It's small and easy to carry. Rifle as the backup weapon sounds kinda silly to me.

Grazza said:

You don't need a reason to be an atheist. A lack of belief is a natural state. You need a reason only if you believe something.


You need a reason either way. Supposedly our minds were made to actually believe in a god of sorts so not believing may actually be unnatural. Well, at least that's what scientists theorized at one point.

Share this post


Link to post
PRIMEVAL said:

You need a reason either way. Supposedly our minds were made to actually believe in a god of sorts so not believing may actually be unnatural. Well, at least that's what scientists theorized at one point.

Theories can be debunked. Also, silly tribal people are usually faithful, but on the other hand, animals don't care of any god. Who is more natural? Moot question.

Share this post


Link to post
Juggerdan said:

a bunch of whining about how Doom 3 wasn't just Doom with better graphics


You forgot to whine that it was too dark because you played it on a shitty monitor...

I haveta admit though I do like idea of realizing the bayonet.

And as much as I don't want to see this turned into a religious discussion, yeah there are dumb kids out there who just refuse to believe because its trendy. But the reason I'm an atheist is because I was raised Christian, but all tangible evidence points to the fact that those ideas are wrong. If you could prove it, I'd love to go to a nice shiny heaven after I die. The way it stands now though, there's no reason to believe that you don't just cease to exist. Sorry.

Anyway, if by some chance I'm wrong I don't see how your compassionate god can send me to hell because the brain HE supposedly gave me is too analytical...

Share this post


Link to post
printz said:

Theories can be debunked. Also, silly tribal people are usually faithful, but on the other hand, animals don't care of any god. Who is more natural? Moot question.


I'm pretty sure humans are natural. No one species of plant or animal is more natural than the other. Which is something that shouldn't be in Doom 4. Doom 3 made the demons out to be like natural creatures which sorta kills it for me.

Share this post


Link to post

No more "naturalized" than in the previous Dooms, unless you count having a little more actually existing narrative as being more naturalized. They're still hell-based creatures that arrive in human settlements via teleporters.

Share this post


Link to post
PRIMEVAL said:

I'm pretty sure humans are natural. No one species of plant or animal is more natural than the other. Which is something that shouldn't be in Doom 4. Doom 3 made the demons out to be like natural creatures which sorta kills it for me.

Yeah, that's one thing about Doom 3 that I really don't like. It just kills the whole concept of Hell being another universe of twisted physics and logic.

I can get with the demons being experimented upon. What I don't like is that they actually have DNA that can be deciphered. Even worse is that they're Carbon-based lifeforms, like everything else on Earth. If they had said "Arsenic-based lifeform" or anything else I would have been fine with it.

Doom 4 needs to return to the Classic depiction of Hell and the Hellspawn being without understanding.

Share this post


Link to post
Redstar said:

Doom 4 needs to return to the Classic depiction of Hell and the Hellspawn being without understanding.

I agree. Doom was always a game about technology versus hellspawn, rationality versus irrationality. Hell is supposed to be a place where there is nothing good or appreciable, so why would there be something like physics which can be understood and appreciated?

As you said, the demons should have no recognizable DNA or understandable method of being; they should just exist with one sole purpose: to kill, maim, and make pain.

Share this post


Link to post
Redstar said:

...arsenic based lifeforms


Yeah that would've been lame as fuck. But I agree they should've just left that whole part out about being carbon-based and having DNA.

Share this post


Link to post
Face23785 said:

Yeah that would've been lame as fuck. But I agree they should've just left that whole part out about being carbon-based and having DNA.

I would have preferred it not being explored at all as well, but if they really felt that they *had* to than any other element would have been preferable.

I decided upon Arsenic because of the NASA discovery earlier this year and that one episode of the X-Files. Both creatures reside in lakes of sulfur/a volcano which would be fitting for a Hellspawn.

Share this post


Link to post
Redeemer812 said:

As you said, the demons should have no recognizable DNA or understandable method of being; they should just exist with one sole purpose: to kill, maim, and make pain.

Yeah, except they have the DNA of evil! Mhahahahahaha! And are based on carbon because they WANT to be like humans, as a reminder! Bwaahhahahahaha

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×