Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
EnroyPaldesto

Automatically spawning rain?

Hello, Doomworld regulars. I was wondering if you guys could help me answer a question.

I'm trying to make a PWAD which adds weather effects to the regular Doom IWADs, and I've run into a bit of a problem. Mainly, how to do it.

I was thinking I could somehow make the Rain Generator over at Realm667 spawn in any sector which uses the SKY1 flat as its ceiling, thus pretty much spawning rain in every outdoor area, but I have no idea how to do this.

Any suggestions?

Sodaholic said:

Hmm... I'm not sure that this is possible, short of manually inserting them into the map. :/

Depends on the port; Doomsday and Risen3D can place most of their visual effects onto Iwad maps, without modifying them.

Someone once made a rain ded (long lost, but simple to re-create) that adds rain to Doom1 episode 1, for Doomsday, for instance.

Sodaholic said:

Hmm... I'm not sure that this is possible, short of manually inserting them into the map. :/

Aww. I was afraid that might be it.

Vermil said:

Depends on the port; Doomsday and Risen3D can place most of their visual effects onto Iwad maps, without modifying them.

Well, the PWAD I'm working on is for Zdoom, so I'm not sure that can work. Oh well, I'll keep trying.