Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DeumReaper

Favorite weapons in any game?

1.Assualt Rifle (Halo 1 not the piece of crap from halo 3)

2.Lancer/Retro Lancer (Gears of War)

3.James Heller (Prototype 2)

4.Clemintine (Brutal Legend)

5.The Deuce aka The Druid Plow (Brutal Legend)

Machine Pistol and GPMG from Quake Wars
Black Widow from Mass Effect 2
FNF2000 from S.T.A.L.K.E.R SOC/COP
AY69 from Crysis Warhead
SMG from Halo 2
Double Shotgun from Doom 3 Resurrection of Evil
Railgun from Quake 2/3
Plasmagun from Quake 3
Nailgun from Quake 4
K7 Avenger from Perfect Dark
Venom Chaingun and FG42 from RTCW
Riotgun from Shadow Warrior
Unmaker from Doom 64
Preditor MG Minigun and MKII Detonator from Goldeneye Rogue Agent

G2A2 Assault rifle - FEAR.
Deadeye - Resistance 3.
SBC Cannon - Serious sam series.
SSG - DOOM2
C&C Generals - Scorpion tank.

Solar Scorcher - Fallout 2
SSG - Doom 2
Riot Gun - Shadow Warrior
Gravity Hammer - Halo 3
Gluon Gun - Half Life

Mr. Freeze said:

1. Farsight XR-20 - Perfect Dark
Hands down, the best sniper rifle ever put in a videogame. Not only is it a 1-hit-kill gun, but it can see through walls. IT CAN SEE THROUGH FUCKING WALLS. Game over.

Not only that, it locates and tracks targets for you automatically.

Just to be different, a non-FPS/action game example: The Avenger from Final Fantasy IV. It's a sword that puts whoever you equip it on into constant berserk status, which makes it the most unique weapon in the game, and it's actually a really useful, if mindless, option up until the end, unlike most mid-late game equipment.

Any type of machinegun or chaingun, really. I always love the quick and rhythmical "rat-tat-tat" sound-effects which make an adversary to dance for a while before dropping dead.
Cause missile launchers just tend to take the fun out of the game by making deaths too quick and too certain, without any exhilarating randomness.

Serious Sam 3's SSG, cannon and laser rifle.

System Shock 2's Shotgun, Assault Rifle and Grenade Launcher.

Doom 3's plasma rifle.

The dagger skill in Might and Magic 6-8. Their incredibly fast attack rate means any Might bonuses, Heroism and Armsmaster (7 & 8) put them way ahead of any other melee weapons for damage output.

Mr. Freeze said:

1. Farsight XR-20 - Perfect Dark
Hands down, the best sniper rifle ever put in a videogame. Not only is it a 1-hit-kill gun, but it can see through walls. IT CAN SEE THROUGH FUCKING WALLS. Game over.

Goldeneye Rogue Agent had a similar railgun weapon which could also shoot through walls and can be dual weilded with another, however you have to use the Goldeneyes X-ray vision power to see through walls which looked much perfect and cooler than Perfect Dark's XR-20s X-ray vision, but it lacked the auto-seek.

The bubbles in Bubble Bobble. In what other game do you have a weapon that can also be used to climb, be pushed around by it, and use it to manipulate the flow of other bubbles, and even turn into bonuses? The special bubbles with water, lightning, fire etc. were also awesome, as they had their own strategies.

Now that I think about it, most TAITO games had unique weaponry: the rainbows in Rainbow Islands, the parasol in Parasol Start, the water bubbles in Mizubaku Adventure etc.

The shuriken weapon in Chelnov: Atomic Runner. Best enemy and boss killer, but took some skill to use efficiently, because you were limited to two salvos per screen, and thus could be left unarmed for a while.

Also, the shotgun in Metal Slug is my #2 best representation of a shotgun blast in any game (second only to Doom, ofc).

The Shotgonne type weapons from torchlight 2 are really fun. Medium range fire, damages all enemies in a 30 degree arc, and if you're an outlander, you can put skill points in mastery to add knockback and blindness to your shots. All in all really fun and possibly OP :P

Many of the weapons from Darkwatch (Though I've never actually played the game myself) I've always liked the idea of blending firearms with melee weapons.

The Tediore weapon set in Borderlands 2. I find it somewhat entertaining that even the process of reloading my weapon has the capacity to kill my opponent.

Also, from Guild Wars 2, the explosive upgrade to the engineers dodge. I like that I can kill things by simply diving out of the way.

1.Doom Shotgun. actually shotguns overall, auto, pump-action, different projectiles, whatever they always rock.

2.MDK Chaingun. as it works in MDK, you dont have to worry about ammo, or your aim, if youre lucky you also have the helmet that comes with it making also a sniper rifle, so basicly a complete anti-personell set with many tools of destruction.

3.Railgun. both a sniper rifle and armor thrasher. your enemy has mechanical support? dont worry unless you're afraid of cancer, with a uranium slug and a insane magnet this gun sends incenerating bolts which travels in almost the same speed as light and melts anything in its way, though you need to be sure to save your ammo.

4.Psionic Storm. from starcraft broodwar, what is possible worse then a zealot rush, or dragoon hordes? it is archons, with some dudes that casts psionic storms, it electrifies everything within, and if you make it out of there, you know what its like being bacon.

5.Cluster Bombs. in worms, you just happen to have a cluster grenade, time it short and throw it just upp, destroy slowly everything on the maps survaface :)
this banned weapon is by far one of the most deadly in our time, just imagine a shower of grenades come at you.

I have to say the crossbow in Rage provides some great entertainment.

All-time favourite video game weapon is probably Doom's shotgun, though.

Unreal Tournament's flak cannon, no doubt. I have pretty exceptionally bad precision with a single tracer, but give me a broad pattern and I'll do more damage than other people. I used to be better at UT than I can even believe.

SSG from Doom for basically the same reasons, but the secondary of the flak cannon makes it more awesome.

And they weren't an overly useful weapon, but the pipe bombs from Duke Nukem 3d were a lot of fun. I remember playing with a buddy in high school -- he was camped up in the space shuttle and dropping pipe bombs. I'd sneak in and pick them up as he went to grab the respawned pipe bombs.

What about Quake 3's rocket launcher? It doesn't have the flashiest special effects, but it's perfectly balanced and firing it becomes almost an art-form.

Haven't played any Unreal games in quite a while, but I would second the flak-cannon (such a satisfying, useful and brutal weapon) and the link-gun purely for the cheesy skeleton-disintegration death.

Halo's needler is also pretty cool, in function and appearance.

Perfect Dark:
Farsight and Golden Magnum (DSRXL or something)- Already noted of Farsight's 1hit kill, that goes for this Magnum. A full shield 1 bullet, dead on next, both exceed as the games most powerful.

Duke Nukem:
Photon Cannon- Charge up that sucker and its lights out for people! Though it works the same as Doom's Plasma Gun minus the auto-fire function, it is a versatile weapon.
Shrink/Expander Ray- Whats a better death to hear the enemies go splat under your boot or hear their organs expand too quickly and explode?

Doom:
SSG- Takes over as main power house 90% of the time if no rockets/cells are available, makes quick work of big guys like Barons, Archies and Mancubi.
Plasma Rifle/Gun- pewpepewpewpewpew.... And.. well, it's quick, it's strong, though ammo is quite low a lot of time except in Slaughter styles. :I
Unmaker/Laser Rifle- One of the most over powered weapons in the series not counting the BFG. When combined with the 3 Demon keys, it shoots exceedingly fast, has huge power, and stuns a Cybie and even the Mother Demon. But it's fine because it's a bitch to get the keys, Omega has that little trick with the Red Key to enter the demon key room. The Lair has the shoot switch be-quick to jump kinda puzzle, easy though. The void is by far tricky, dont exit the level but step past the barrier and head to Blue key room, hit switch and run to the other side of level, timed of course.

Future Cop LAPD (PC/PSX)- Mortars Mortars AND A FREAKING Concussion BEAM! The Mortar (basic) is exactly how it sounds, shoot up and land-boom, but when you get the Advanced mortars... All hell breaks loose as you rain hell on the battlefield!-It shoots one huge mortar that splits into 7 smaller ones in a small circle, land all and an opponent is sure as hell dead! The concussion beam is strong with smaller ammo then most secondaries, but it does its job, but when upgraded it's a GTFO situation as it pierces through all targets aaand does heavy damage! When paired with the Mortars you have long and medium range hell on everything.

1. Redeemer (Unreal Tournament 99/04/3)
It hardly require any skill to use it. You just need to find good opportunity and BOOM! I also like to suicide run with it at others.

2. Deathclaw Gauntlet (Fallout 3/Fallout NV)
Rip and Tear! Ahahahahahhaahahhahaahah. Fun to cut arms, legs and heads off bodies of people and other creatures.

3. Blue Gravity Gun (Half life 2)
The charged up version of Gravity Gun. You can pull oponents to the gun and then toss them in big distance. You can even pull computers and screens out of walls.

4. Finger (Worms)
Use your finger to push enemy worm so it drop from cliff into deadly water. So humiliating.

5. Chainsaw (DooM1,2)
Satisfating to kill cacodemons and arachnotrons with it.

Super Shotgun - Doom II
There is just something so damn satisfying about shooting it. Specially in Multiplayer. Love the sound it makes and just the overall power of it. Swingshots are a nice bonus. I love the layout of the original Doom (I love how there is some structure to it compared to Doom II. The Barons as a boss at the end of Episode One for an example. But I hardly play the orginal just because it doesn't have the Super Shotgun. True story..my Grandpa was on his death bed and he was a huge outdoors person. He love to hunt fish etc. He said I could have any of his guns I wanted (I was like 10 years old and was obsessed with Doom II at the time..well still kind of am) and I chose the Double Barreled shotgun (side by side too) because of my love for the SSG in Doom II.

BFG - Doom/Doom II/Final Doom
Does a lot of damage but more importantly has trace damage. I love the concept of trace damage. Makes an already awesome weapon that much more awesome.

Berserk Fist - Doom/Doom II/ Final Doom
There is just something so god damn satisfying in punching the shit out of an Imp and watching it turn into a pile of gibs. Love punching the shit out of Demons too...so much fun.

Plasma Gun - Quake 3
Love the fact you can climb walls with it...so awesome.

Rocket Launcher - Quake
Pretty much invented Rocket Jumping

That's all I can think of off the top of my head...If I think of more I'll edit this post.

Shotguns and grenade launchers from any id game.
Cannon, sniper rifle and flamethrower from SS series.
Doom's chainsaw.
Bra-gun and dynamite crossbow from Redneck Rampage.
Pink dildo from San Andreas.
Shotgun from Blood.
Redeemer.
Bunch of guns from Xonotic 0.5, can't remember their names tho.
Mines from both Enemy Territories.
Assault rifle from AvP.
Pipe bombs from DN3D because they are so bad-ass, not some sissy hand 'nades, they fit perfectly into the setting.
BFG from Q2, every part is so satisfying, including description from the manual.

Railgun from Quake III is complete shit.
Gravity gun in any game is a lame gimmick.

1. Cerebral Bore - Turok 2
Just can't beat a homing drill that embeds into your enemies skull then explodes.

2. Flak Cannon - Unreal Tournament
Extremely deadly and useful in any situation

3. BFG 9000 - Doom
It's the BFG...

4. Minigun - Serious Sam
Cuts enemies down like nobodys business, tons of ammo for it too

5. Crossbow - Killing Floor
Best weapon to use against the Scrakes and Fleshpounds, even on higher difficulties it's stun ability can be a life saver

I'll list some.

Chaingun from Wolfenstein 3D. (The classic)
BFG 9000 from DOOM.
SSG from DOOM 2.
Shrink Ray from Duke Nukem 3D.
ElectroGun from Grand Theft Auto 2.
BFG10K from Quake 3.
Flak Cannon from Unreal Tournament.
M16 from Grand Theft Auto 3. (Absolutely overkill)
Boomerang Machete from Postal 2: Apocalypse Weekend.
Sawed-Off Shotgun from Blood.
Commando unit from Command & Conquer.
Katana from Shadow Warrior.
Drunk Missile from Rise of the Triad.
Geralt from The Witcher...

Fuzzyfireball said:

Chaingun from Wolfenstein 3D. (The classic)

Indeed. This one has the best soundeffect out of all the virtual bullet-based weapons which I've ever seen.

Drunk Missile from Rise of the Triad.

I loved using the "Bark Blast" in Dog Mode. And I also loved blasting a Firebomb after being thrust into the air by a jump-pad.

Chainsaw (DooM) - Best choice against swarms of Demons (pinks) and Cacodemons.

Chaingun (Wolfenstein 3D) - Can clean a room with hundreds of Mutateds and SS Soldiers in seconds. Feel powerful b*tches.

Plasma Gun (DooM) - Deal a lot of damage with all monsters and has better ammo management than the BFG 9000.

Multi-Grenade Laucher (Quake DoE) - 'Cause gibbin is fun!

Laptop Gun (Perfect Dark) - multi-purpose and stylish gun.

etc...
Oh, by the way:

Rocket Launcher (Any shooter wich has it) - 'Cause blwing s*it up is fun. :D

Here's one in addition to all of the classic DooM weapons:

Spy's Hallucination Grenades (Team Fortress Classic and Fortress Forever): These small, yet devestating trinkets were highly unique and grabbed my interest in them. Any enemy that is hit by the small, minor explosion recieves damage akin to being mildly stabbed with a dull toothpick; but, at the moment of the blast and some time after, a potent gas is released that will make your enemies trip immense balls. You could hear and see things that didn't exist. Explosions going off everywhere, cries of (supposedly) fallen comrades and near footsteps along with a vision swaying made this tool a force to be reckoned with.

Oh, and another of the Spy's arsenal (in both games, too): the tranquilizer gun. And I also suppose the Sniper's automatic heavy assualt rifle (burns through all of your sniper rounds but you will atleast maim whatever is in the line of fire.

I love the EMP grenade the Engineer carried in Team Fortress Classic. I use to play the Engi just so I could use them and its fun to setup traps using ammo packs. Just because some idiot is bound right straight for an ammo pack when they see one.

Super Shotgun(Doom 2)- Just like everyone else, no reason to explain :P

Hellstaff(Heretic 1/2)- Rapid fired red energy orbs of death ftw

Golden Gun(Goldeneye 007)- I shoot you once means death to you

Gravity Hammer(Halo3/Reach)- Smashing this hammer of awesomeness against
covenant forces is more satisfying than the energy sword in my opinion

Portal Gun(Portal 1/2)- You can create portals nuff said

Serious Cannon(Serious Sam games)- Whats no cooler than shooting giant cannon balls of death at alien scum

Nuke(Starcraft 1/2)- When you here the words "Nuclear launch detected" you know your fucked