Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sigvatr

Things about Doom you just found out

Part of me feels like he's joking, but part of me feels like he could legitly be serious.

I'd bet more on the joke though TBH.

12 hours ago, Maximum Matt said:

No, I'm totally serious, even their famous song Under The Bridge is a lyrical tribute to the Underhalls 

I would've believed you if you'd referenced an Iikka Keränen level. A for effort though!

/bubbies was going to be something that you could use to start doom with naked girls

4 minutes ago, rundox said:

/bubbies was going to be something that you could use to start doom with naked girls

Bubble Bath Babes inspired?

1 minute ago, NerdyButLazy said:

Bubble Bath Babes inspired?

I read the Doom bible and it was just listed at the beginning. :/

On 4/23/2019 at 5:42 PM, Maximum Matt said:

That the Red Hot Chili Peppers are massive Doom fans, judging by the cover of their 1999 album Californication. 

Checked the cover and... no, i don't think so.

Over that there's a orange cloudy sunset sky in the pool that very little resembles the episode 4 sky, there's nothing anymore that somehow reminds the game... But it could be a nice idea for a map.

Is like saying that cannibal corpses are huge fan of doom 2 because in Chambers of Torture album cover there's brown brick walls and tortured corpses lol

On 4/26/2019 at 4:57 AM, Maximum Matt said:

even their famous song Under The Bridge is a lyrical tribute to the Underhalls 

But... Where? I always thought that it was based upon drugs addiction, over the fact that it was wrote 3 years before Doom was even a idea in the mind of carmack and romero ... I have to check the lyrics if something will gave the impression that somehow Underhalls is based on this song...

Sorry for double post!

39 minutes ago, SiFi270 said:

I only just discovered this cave in the northwestern corner of Epic Map02.

"Senpai finally noticed me...!" 

9 hours ago, Walter confetti said:

I have to check the lyrics if something will gave the impression that somehow Underhalls is based on this song...

"Under the bridge downtown/is where I drew some blood,

Under the bridge downtown/I could not get enough

Under the bridge downtown/forgot the blue keycard

Under the bridge downtown/I gave my life away"

See? Clear as day.

I also just realized this could be also seen as a tribute to map13, in a certain way. Anthony Keidis is a lyrical genius. 

37 minutes ago, Maximum Matt said:

"Under the bridge downtown/is where I drew some blood,

Under the bridge downtown/I could not get enough

Under the bridge downtown/forgot the blue keycard

Under the bridge downtown/I gave my life away"

See? Clear as day.

I also just realized this could be also seen as a tribute to map13, in a certain way. Anthony Keidis is a lyrical genius. 

You fool! That's a tribute to Downtown, not Underhalls!

The Arachnotron's eyes change color when attacking! I noticed this for the first time when playing with some brightmaps for GZDoom.

ezgif.com-gif-maker.gif.791673ae3bbb94b634668633937f86cf.gif

I think Lila's right. The little bit of light bounce up above the eyeballs in one of the firing frames would dovetail with that as an explanation.

I always thought it was weird that Arachnotron's muzzle flash was yellow, but gave red highlights, and the projectiles themselves were green.

The eye muzzle flash reflection is a carryover from Wolfenstein. You can even see Hitler's belt buckle and collar insignia being highlighted by the flash.

WNq9LJ8.gif

However, as in Doom, this eye reflection rule was not consistently followed in Spear of Destiny, the higher resolution Mac/Jaguar Wolfenstein art, or even within Wolf 3D itself as Adrian forgot this effect on Otto and Fettgesicht. What a hack fraud!

4 hours ago, Lila Feuer said:

@KVELLER I never thought its eyes changed color, it's the flash of the muzzle reflecting in their eyes.

Ah, that makes more sense :)

4 hours ago, Revenant100 said:

However, as in Doom, this eye reflection rule was not consistently followed in Spear of Destiny, the higher resolution Mac/Jaguar Wolfenstein art, or even within Wolf 3D itself as Adrian forgot this effect on Otto and Fettgesicht. What a hack fraud!

Let's punish him with Keen 9: Fluffy Ducks!

@Revenant100 Great eye (no pun intended), it's funny because when I was younger it actually did look like Han's eyes were glowing red. Small detail, but does make the enemy look more menacing when attacking.

Until now, I had no idea that you could drink blood to regain health when you're below 10% in Wolfenstein 3D.