Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
derp

Mouse Binding in PrBoom?

So I enabled the mouse in the settings, and when I go to the key binding settings MB1 (mouse button 1) is to "Move Forward" for some odd reason. Same with the other MB's, they're all bound to commands that I don't want by default. It isn't letting me change them either.

I click enter on the setting and it tells me to hit the key to bind it to whatever command. It works with all the keyboard commands, but it doesn't work for the mouse. It won't let me bind the mouse buttons or unbind them for their current commands.

The mouse works, I tried using it. It's just those damn buttons wont bind! Help please :/

Wait nvm it was an older version I downloaded. I got the newest PrBoom Plus and I fixed it. But I can't bind mb2 to run :/ Anyway to?

derp said:

But I can't bind mb2 to run

Not sure what you mean by "run", it's ambiguous, but there's only a few actions that can be bound to mouse keys: fire, run forwards, strafe on, and in recent versions, run backwards and use.

I suspect he means "run" like using the shift key. Surely he must know about the "always run" set up, but must not like that, hoping to be able to turn it on and off quickly. of course the caps lock key is not far away.

I am not aware of a way to bind it to the mouse.

Yeah, well since I've gotten off of Vanilla doom controls (arrow keys to move, shift to run, control to shoot, etc.) from...well Vanilla doom, I've been playing Skulltag as my main port. And I never used alwaysrun because I felt like there were plenty of times when I didn't wanna run. I felt like a toggle was just a nuisance, so I assigned it to my right click mouse button and I've been used to that ever since :/

I don't know anything about PrBoom+'s codebase. How hard would it be to allow any action to be bound to any mouse button?

Creaphis said:

I don't know anything about PrBoom+'s codebase. How hard would it be to allow any action to be bound to any mouse button?

PrBoom 2.3.1 is waiting you :)