Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
læmænt

Columbine

Thank God. So now we know the half-life of a media shitstorm is 34 months.

C'mon, let's be realistic here, they didn't even have a case aside from "well...they killed people, and they like this stuff". Thank christ it was an honest judge...Like hey, if Judas Priest can win in Bible-Thumper territory, I think id Software can win in semi-normal-person territory (well, I mean, the shooting caused all that "psychological trauma"...pfft, my ass) :p

i just heard that some of the crime scene photos from columbine have come up missing. they'll be on the web sooner or later...everyone there is super pissed at the sheriff.

Bah, I'm glad they lost, cause if they won you know they would start trying to censor video games and shit...

Hahahaha serves 'em right - that should teach 'em to stop poking their fingers at other people's entertainment... or at least, it would be GREAT if it taught them to stop poking their fingers at other people's entertainment.

wouldn't you love to send every one you hate in the world into Doom for ever, and everytime they get painfully burnt by an Imp/ shot by a zombie/ eaten by a Demon/ scratched by a Baron/ bitten by a Lost Soul/ dissolved by a Cacodemon/ bumped by an Arch Vile/ punched by a Revenant/ gibbed bya Cyberdemon etc...

They just get respawned and have to go through it again and again and again?

Oh yeah, and you put a cooperative exit in which means they can't get out until they manage to run the 100 metres in 9.71 seconds :)

w00t!
but i can see censorship happening to video games.
wait till tipper gore gets into it and ruins the industry like she did with music.
like hetfield said: "tipper gore makes me wanna clean my gun"
but, anywho, i can see censorship, they already have some of it in some games like area51, gore option, wtf? it supposed to be gorry(sp?)

wouldn't you love to send every one you hate in the world into Doom for ever, and everytime they get painfully burnt by an Imp/ shot by a zombie/ eaten by a Demon/ scratched by a Baron/ bitten by a Lost Soul/ dissolved by a Cacodemon/ bumped by an Arch Vile/ punched by a Revenant/ gibbed bya Cyberdemon etc...

They just get respawned and have to go through it again and again and again?

Oh yeah, and you put a cooperative exit in which means they can't get out until they manage to run the 100 metres in 9.71 seconds :)

And what exactly does all this have to do with anything?

Yeah, I saw this on the news yesterday morning. The dumbass anchor pronounced Id software as 'I.D. Software'. Dumbass.

Yeah, I saw this on the news yesterday morning. The dumbass anchor pronounced Id software as 'I.D. Software'. Dumbass.

Heh, well that's how I pronounce it.

Heh, well that's how I pronounce it.

Dumbass :)

id  [id]

n.

In Freudian theory, the division of the psyche that is totally unconscious and serves as the source of instinctual impulses and demands for immediate satisfaction of primitive
needs.

[/quote]

[New Latin (translation of German Es, a special use of es, it, as a psychoanalytic term), from Latin, it. See i- in Indo-European Roots.]

Source: The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition

Copyright © 2000 by Houghton Mifflin Company.

Published by Houghton Mifflin Company. All rights reserved.

the 'i' in 'id' is pronounced like the 'i' in 'it'.

Thats how this one fool pronounced it. He also said "I have doom 1, 2 and 3." to which I reply "um...Doom 3 isn't out, I think you mean final Doom" so he said "No, Doom 3, that one with the bots and stuff" to which I said "um...thats QUAKE 3" he scoffed and said "dude, its Doom 3"...theres more but I'm gonna skip it...

He also said "I have doom 1, 2 and 3." to which I reply "um...Doom 3 isn't out, I think you mean final Doom" so he said "No, Doom 3, that one with the bots and stuff" to which I said "um...thats QUAKE 3" he scoffed and said "dude, its Doom 3"...theres more but I'm gonna skip it...

Gawd, this is an example where "stupidity cannot be concealed". What a chump.
I guess he thought Q3 was Doom 3 because
(1) there's a Doomguy model in it
(2) there's a Hell theme
(3) there's at least three demon-like models in it
(4) there's a plasma gun
(5) the guy can't read

Heh, one of my friends once made a bit of fun of id Software and called them "Identification Software".

I've always thought Id software sounded retarded so I say I.D.

If you don't like it you can suck my fucking cock :)

Perhaps Fredrik should start Ego Software...

Perhaps Fredrik should start Ego Software...

Maybe if I can't get the internship of my dreams, I'll start Superego software to spite Id and Fredrik at the same time. ;)

there was a bfg in q3, that could throw him off even more

Hmm, there was a bfg in Quake 2 too and it worked more or less the same way as the one in Doom. How come he didn't think Quake 2 was Doom 3?
Nah, the bfg in Q3 is too different from the one in Doom to possibly throw this guy off that much.

Bah, I'm glad they lost, cause if they won you know they would start trying to censor video games and shit...

Wile in this case, yes pointing the fingers at games is completely off the rails, we do need censorship. Do you really like the Idea of 5 Year olds playing SOF? at that age they have no real sense of right and wrong. geez. just obey the shiny sticker with (in aust at least) G, G8+, M, MA15+, ect.

Still, I doubt there has ever been a circumstance were Games/Movies can be blamed for any form of violence.

/me plays SOF some more.

Do you really like the Idea of 5 Year olds playing SOF? at that age they have no real sense of right and wrong.

At the age of 5, they certainly do.

Do you really like the Idea of 5 Year olds playing SOF? at that age they have no real sense of right and wrong.

At the age of 5, they certainly do.

Right = "good boy/girl"

Wrong = Smack

At the age of 5, Most (not all) children think anything they won't get punished for is the right thing.

I could go into the long and boring process of explaing the development of the Moral code, but I could be using that time for better things... like sleep.

:P

I've always thought Id software sounded retarded so I say I.D.

If you don't like it you can suck my fucking cock :)

sure, you can say it that way, just know that you are wrong.