Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Cubi

Strange problem found in Map20/TNT/Central processing

Hi guys,
I have a question related to the 20th level of the TNT-Levels from Final Doom called Cetral Processing. I'm trying to pass all levels with 100% Secrets, Items and Killed Monsters.
I thought i were finished that map, but there were some missing monsters.
I found out where they were, the problem was: I couldn't reach that place.
To give you guys an image from what i'm talking about, please watch this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_EJWezLaN8M&feature=player_detailpage#t=141s
Timemark at 2:32min

How the fu&% did he get up there? I mean, there must be an official way, because except the monsters there is also ammo to find in this region.

Plz help me, how did he do that and/or are there other ways to get up there? I really don't wanna "idclip" it ;)

Thanks to all for the response,
Cubi

When you reach the fifth step next to the top of the stair that leads up to the yellow switch on the left side, there is a w1 lindef triggered to raise a platform enough to use it to climb up to that area your'e talking about. Was I clear enough? :)

dannebubinga said:

When you reach the fifth step next to the top of the stair that leads up to the yellow switch on the left side, there is a w1 lindef triggered to raise a platform enough to use it to climb up to that area your'e talking about. Was I clear enough? :)

First of all: thx for your help ;)

i'm not sure i understand it.There happens nothing on the fifth step from above, that helps me out.
I ran down, I ran up...nothing :( Maybe its because of the used source port (Skulltag)?
Here is a short video i made:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mYrfAnkx-1A

Dannebubinga refers to the window at the bottom that you probably shot the Pain Elementals through. As you head up the stairs, the front of it lowers a little bit allowing you to climb up and fit through the window.

It's difficult to see in that video, but you can see the step in question once it's been created by comparing 2.26 to 2.32.

The step in question is created through manipulating a trigger type to make it do some unintended behaviour.

Some ports fixed the quirk that allows the trigger type to cause this unintended behaviour and thus the step isn't created in those ports.

Ok, all right. The port engine is the problem. I installed the original Doom2/TNT in Dos-Box and played this level. Your right, when using the stairs, the sector below is moving down a little bit, helping me coming there.
As you can see on my second link, with the skulltag-engine happens nothing :(
I will noclip in there with cheats and complete the level.
It's a pity!
But Ok, lets hope no more bugs will appear...

If you're not playing online you should use GZDoom instead of Skulltag. You'll get the same engine, but with less bugs and better compatibility.

(Plus there are cool new features that won't make it into Skulltag for a while, such as textured automap.)

Gez said:

If you're not playing online you should use GZDoom instead of Skulltag. You'll get the same engine, but with less bugs and better compatibility.

(Plus there are cool new features that won't make it into Skulltag for a while, such as textured automap.)

Can I also use my HD-Texturespack (pk3) and some New Sounds, Musics, Models (wad) and Hud (wad) in GZDoom like in skulltag?

You're right, i got all my mods to work with gzdoom with no problems. The only thing i don't have now is the cool announcer-voice (pk3), when taking goodies.
I think its a special skulltag-"feature" and can't implemented in gzdoom, right?

Cubi said:

can't implemented in gzdoom, right?

Well, you could mod it in if you wanted to. Maybe use SNDINFO or something.