Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
hardcore_gamer

The second custom Doom64 EX map

Like some I have been toying around with the Doom 64 version of Doom Builder 2 after it was released by Kaiser.

This is the first fully playable map I have produced with it.

Granted that most of the time was spent learning how to use the new features, so the map isn't all that long or properly polished, but I still figured that it was a nice map considering that it was made almost entirely so that I could learn how to use the new features in DB 64.

Here it is:

http://www.gamefront.com/files/20837564/Terror.wad

And here are some screenshots:

What are your thoughts? Is it ok for a Doom 64 map?

Like I said this was made mostly so that I could learn how to use the new editor (in like one day) so I could probably make much better maps if given time, but this is what I ended up with after about 1 day of work (on and off that is).

Thoughts?

EDIT: Also, should I upload this to the /idgames?

EDIT: I forgot to mention that I decided to call the map "Terror".

Use different colors for the sector lighting. They probably should make sense (no green things when the walls are red and purple) but they should be different to make the map look less drab and monotone.

Each sector can have five different colors -- floor, ceiling, upper wall, lower wall, and things. Make use of this!

Gez said:

Each sector can have five different colors -- floor, ceiling, upper wall, lower wall, and things. Make use of this!

Holy crap, really? Doom 64 was always pretty sexy, but that's even more so.

ultimatecarl said:

Holy crap, really? Doom 64 was always pretty sexy, but that's even more so.

Yup :)

The Upper Wall and Lower Wall colors are turned into a vertical gradient, which is an important part of what gives Doom 64 its atmosphere.