Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
doomero-21

[WIP] Mortal Kombat Tower of Babel (beta 2.0 mediafire link)

this is a project for gzdoom tower of babel, some user know this project from zdoom or brdoom forums, this is a mod for doom 2, use the zdoom engine with some new features of gzdoom tob: a_setproperty(height,"value") for change the height value, very necesary for stand / crouch movement. Actualy tob is a special gzdoom by Ryan Cordel. well the mod use lot of scripts and decorates, can be played on singleplayer and multiplayer ( mp need to be more tested, becuase since the change to normal gzdoom to gzdoom tob i not tested more on mp), for mp is possible to play with a launcher called zdl or zlauncher. The mod contain all the characters from all the mk except chameleon and khameleon from mk trilogy (but the bosses are not playables) and all the stage from mk1-umk3 (and a new stage: lin kuey temple), 28 characters and 35 stages, but for the moment i have 17/28 characters done and i have plans for upload a demo for this, not soon but i will, the real progress is 60 %, not fatalities or finish move yet (i will work that when i finnish all the characters), but for the moment the 17 characters can use his classic powers and mix of combos (some special moves are diferent from the originals and some mix combos too). Some stages have some doom cameos and is very funny **. I have plans to add the doom guy as a secret character but i will not use the doom guy sprites from doom2 i will edit some sprites for that, but will take lot of time to make that (for this i will start after of the finish moves).

is very large **, the bosses are very hard to defeat, well i will tell what class of fighters are "done" :

-reptile
-nightwolf
-scorpion
-rain
-ermac
-classic subzero
-subzero
-noob saibot
-sektor
-stryker
-cyrax
-raiden
-johnny cage
-kabal
-sheeva
-smoke
-human smoke

bosses:

-goro
-kintaro
-motaro
-shao kahn

stages:

courtyard
palace gates
demon shrine (well original is warrior shrine, see the video and you will see **)
the pit
the pit buttom
throne room
goro lair
deadpool
kombat tomb
wasteland
the tower
living forest
armory
the portal
the pit 2
kahn arena
subway
the street
the bank
rooftop
soulchamber
the bridge
bell tower
the temple
the pit 3
graveyard
noob dorfen
smoke portal
the portal 2
the desert
the netherrealm
the cave
waterfront
lin kuey temple (new)

max players : 2, but can enter to the map 8, but only can play to the arcade machine.

beta testers: firelord, doomguy, thediegomula.

the file contain: skins foldier (were are the wads), gzdoom (hack), fmodex, zlauncher (for multiplayer).

special thanks: SashaFromSaintP for give me his cover of mk trilogy player select.

download link (fixed):

http://www.mediafire.com/?guy6quew7b0acoq

This is for real being run in gzdoom? Thats fucking incredible

Really just shows how versatile the Doom engine is where you can almost make any type of game imaginable, especially as its over 17 fucking years old. The only other engines that are as versatile are the Unreal and Quake engines.
Just brilliant stuff.

vinnie245 said:

Really just shows how versatile the Doom engine is where you can almost make any type of game imaginable, especially as its over 17 fucking years old. The only other engines that are as versatile are the Unreal and Quake engines.
Just brilliant stuff.

thanks, actualy so this is very hard but i like the results =)

new video...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OVCrQOnzXrM

this video was recorded with a hand camera for show the real frames per seconds of the mod.

This is pretty cool however are you not concerned at all about copyright infringement ?

Pottus said:

This is pretty cool however are you not concerned at all about copyright infringement ?

Almost every single Doom2 wad posted on these forums has some sort of data from UDoom, Heretic, Hexen, Strife, Duke3D, etc. I'm sure he is about as worried as everyone else here.

How exactly would you release this without getting Midway's attention?

Mr. Chris said:

How exactly would you release this without getting Midway's attention?

Well unless he trys to sell it theres jackshit they can do about it anyway. When you think about it the PSX Doom and Doom 64 (Also both by Midway) TC's are the exact same thing (Console games bought onto the PC for free) and they haven't done anything about them either.

vinnie245 said:

Well unless he trys to sell it theres jackshit they can do about it anyway.

WRONG. But I won't go into the same thing we go into every few days here. You're wrong though

Also new update looks sick. Are all the machines playable?

Ralphis said:

WRONG. But I won't go into the same thing we go into every few days here. You're wrong though

Also new update looks sick. Are all the machines playable?

no **, only are decorations, create another arcade is very hard, if one toke me 700 scripts, create other will be sick...

Ralphis is correct. Being willing to pursue charges is different from being able to.

Obtaining a criminal judgment against another party easily costs several thousand dollars (or an equivalent amount in local currency of choice) in legal fees. This is just the judgment with no guarantee of collecting damages. So there are financial and public relations consequences to consider for owners of intellectual property.

any chance if adding Chameleon and Kameleon?

***EDIT***
Sorry. Just realized that my question was already answered in the orihinal post. Just curious, How come no Chameleon/Khameleon?