Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Processingcontrol

DB2: Disable texture filling?

Is there any way to stop Doom Builder 2 from automatically putting textures on sidedefs without any? It gets annoying when I'm trying to use special effects that utilize HOMs and textures randomly get put everywhere.

What I usually do: Put AASHITTY on them, which has the same effect, or if you're working with Doom 1, AASTINKY. (Or the relevant no-texture textures for Heretic/Hexen/Strife/whatever you're using.)

Sort of related: when does DB2 try to put textures on sidedefs? I've noticed it happening from time to time, but haven't understood what triggers the effect exactly.

Phml = I dunno the specifics, but one example I know of in DB1 is when I draw a new sector around a sector who's lines have missing textures, DB1 automatically puts default textures on the lines with missing textures.

Maybe that happens when a linedef's front/back sector number changes while there's a missing texture on the line?

Phml said:

Sort of related: when does DB2 try to put textures on sidedefs? I've noticed it happening from time to time, but haven't understood what triggers the effect exactly.

That's often brought about if you create a new sector out of one which is associated by the linedef with missing upper/lower textures.