Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
entryway

Voodoo Guns by Eternal [released]

MegaDoomer said:

Is this a DM wad?

Yeah, this is DM wad FOR SKULLTAG ONLY. You must defend your train.

In-game screenshot:

entryway said:

Requires support for HiRes textures, MBF code-pointers and MUSINFO lums.

Gez said:

So, the latest versions of GLBoom+, ZDoom and Risen3D should all handle it.

Not sure about current ZDoom and Risen3D.

http://prboom-plus.sf.net/test264.zip

This small test wad does not work neither with GZDoom nor with Risen3D. Cubes do not teleport in GZDoom and even do not spawn with Risen3D (Risen3D.exe -iwad DOOM2.WAD -file test264.wad -deh test264.BEX)

Works fine with MBF.EXE and PrBoom-Plus

MegaDoomer said:

Very disappointed that this is only for DM. :(

Heh.

This wad is for Single Player! Really! How you could even imagine that this is for DM?

Happy now? :)

entryway said:

Not sure about current ZDoom and Risen3D.

http://prboom-plus.sf.net/test264.zip

This small test wad does not work neither with GZDoom nor with Risen3D. Cubes do not teleport in GZDoom and even do not spawn with Risen3D (Risen3D.exe -iwad DOOM2.WAD -file test264.wad -deh test264.BEX)

Works fine with MBF.EXE and PrBoom-Plus

This has been fixed for the next version of Risen3D - 2.2.0-13.

hawkwind said:

This has been fixed for the next version of Risen3D - 2.2.0-13.

Nice.

P.S. Original DEH contains "+ BOUNCES" for cubes

entryway said:

P.S. Original DEH contains "+ BOUNCES" for cubes

No problem. I added + BOUNCES to the bex file and now the cube continually bounces off the west and east walls, same as glboom+. :)

It's done. Now we need a few days for testing and then it will be released.

Bad news: there are some issues with (g)zdoom and they are still not fixed:
http://forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=31241
http://forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=31041

So, currently it works as intended only with glboom-plus. Probably with risen3d too, but I do not have the latest beta (Some issues with dehacked should be already fixed in upcoming version. Probably new risen3d also will able to show in-wad hires sprites and GUI patches, because currently it can't, only textures and flats)

Another issue with gzdoom: it does not precache hires textures (if i understand correctly) and that's because you will have noticeable lag with gzdoom often

gl_precache does not help

killer2 said:

I have a very modern rig. Doubt any lag whatsoever.

GZDoom lags on my Core2Duo + GTX 560Ti. Not because gzdoom is slow, but because it does not precache all textures at start. There are many hires textures, about 100 mb in png format, ~50mb for each level I think

killer2 said:

Any other bugs?

In GZDoom? Currently I know only this: http://forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=31041
And I do not know how to fix it even with decorate. Looks like Gez also have no ideas.

entryway said:

GZDoom lags on my Core2Duo + GTX 560Ti. Not because gzdoom is slow, but because it does not precache all textures at start. There are many hires textures, about 100 mb in png format, ~50mb for each level I think

[/B]

I understand that, but I was able to play Dawn of Reality with nearly no problems. Heck, I even played that thing with AeOD and it worked pretty ok. It has triple the amount of hires textures in a single map.

Also, I downloaded the test map and the cube teleported in the map. It didn't bounce off surfaces, but it sure as hell teleported.
EDIT:Nvm, it actually doesn't. Must have been wrong or something.

Hmm, strange. The cube doesn't teleport in test264, but it does in test269. My gzdoom version is r1218.

entryway said:

WAD is still playable without cubes. You just will not see some stuff

I prefer seeing everything. Will just wait for bugfix.

This evening marks precisely one year after Eternal's last work, Epic 2, was initially released. If he can pump out a first version for all of us to look at today that would be super cool!

MegaDoomer said:

This evening marks precisely one year after Eternal's last work, Epic 2, was initially released. If he can pump out a first version for all of us to look at today that would be super cool!

It's done. We just wait for possible response from Gez. Probably he will able to workaround some GZDoom issues with sound (train sound is not seamless) and spawn cubes (citizens). In any case it will be released in two days

entryway said:

It's done. We just wait for possible response from Gez. Probably he will able to workaround some GZDoom issues with sound (train sound is not seamless) and spawn cubes (citizens). In any case it will be released in two days

For the train sound, I've just started looking into it. So it uses a blood pool dehacked to play DSTINK as its death sound? And I suppose it must die repeatedly or something? Dehacked is hard to follow. :(

The spawn cubes are fixed as of r1266.

Gez said:

For the train sound, I've just started looking into it. So it uses a blood pool dehacked to play DSTINK as its death sound? And I suppose it must die repeatedly or something? Dehacked is hard to follow. :(

Pool of Blood 2 (ID #80) calls A_Scream codepointer repeatedly, yes.

Gez said:

The spawn cubes are fixed as of r1266.

Nice. Thanks.

Okay, I got it.

The sound falls victim of the $limit. ZDoom's sound system has a feature that keeps an upper limit to the number of times a same sound can be played at once. Given the increased amount of sound channels available, with a high value, it could be cacophonous otherwise.

Since I counted ten sound sources, I figured setting the limit to 20 ought to let all sounds be played and restart without interruptions. And it works.

You just need to put this lump in the wad as a SNDINFO lump:

$limit misc/chat2 20

Gez said:

Since I counted ten sound sources, I figured setting the limit to 20 ought to let all sounds be played and restart without interruptions. And it works.

You just need to put this lump in the wad as a SNDINFO lump:

$limit misc/chat2 20

Nice, but it is already in incoming :(