Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Bashe

Mitchell "engineer" Keesee passes away

There is something about Doomworld that seems to be related to a lot of user deaths. Perhaps someone should look into that.

Either way, may he rest in peace. I can't say I remember him, though I'm not that super active. :(

Nomad said:

There is something about Doomworld that seems to be related to a lot of user deaths. Perhaps someone should look into that.

Maybe it's just that we care enough to notice.

I never really knew him either. Don't get religious or anything but...

*sits beside bed, says a prayer for Engineer.*- 9:40

*Back at computer now* - 9:45

May he Rest in Peace.
And his family be comforted through this time...

Nomad said:

What Grazza said. Also, having a village-sized active membership means the loss of an individual member is soon felt by everyone.

That sucks :(.

Although I didn't really know him too well, it is still real sad to hear a fellow Doomer pass away, especially someone who is fairly young. My condolences to his friends and family.

It makes you realize no matter how old you are, death can come for you at any age.

I didn't know him as well, but I remember seeing him around Doomworld during all the various lurking I do. My thoughts go out to his family. RIP.

DeathevokatioN said:

RIP. I remember reading some of his posts and yeah, 23 is way too young...

Maybe the DTWID team could try get hold of what is left of his E2 map and cherry pick and rework a few pieces into an E2 map that makes it in? Would be a nice and fitting "farewell" to him, I think.

Very sad news. :( I didn't know him but got the impression he was a very bright and interesting young lad. I think trying to get a hold of his e2 work for DTWID is a great idea.

:(

I did remember the name as soon as I saw it, although that's about all...

his last words on doomworld:

engineer said:

Four if you include me.

I hope he is included, though he rest in peace.

Danarchy said:

Engineer was credit to team.

Though I do remember his name around here, I don't honestly remember much of what he said or did.

I started thinking... if I die, will anyone of you remember me or my posts?

:'(

Way too young to die...

magicsofa said:

:(

I did remember the name as soon as I saw it, although that's about all...

I... I thought that's what Technician used to be called, to be honest. I'm also in the crowd that don't really know him :(

Anyway, really sorry to hear this - he's only a year or so older than me. Seems far too soon. Hope those close to him can get through this.

Here's some Goldeneye: Source footage from the first night I met Engineer (IIRC). We were all just having a good time and goofing around like we always did in OWS (my clan at the time). Engineer is one of the quieter ones with more background noise in the video compared to the louder, up-front ones like me and a few other OWS members.

It's a shame I couldn't get more footage with Engi, but he didn't play GES all that much. He was a fun guy though.

Rest in peace. I hope his death was peaceful.

DeathevokatioN said:

RIP. I remember reading some of his posts and yeah, 23 is way too young...

Maybe the DTWID team could try get hold of what is left of his E2 map and cherry pick and rework a few pieces into an E2 map that makes it in? Would be a nice and fitting "farewell" to him, I think.

Actually, one of his lasts posts was a reply to me related to that map.

I think this is a good idea, but I doubt we'll be able to actually get the file since he never uploaded it. Perhaps we can work from the screenshots he posted? I think it'd be very honorable to have each of us do a little bit of work on the map for him, as he most likely would have wanted it to be in the wad.

Marnetmar said:

I think this is a good idea, but I doubt we'll be able to actually get the file since he never uploaded it. Perhaps we can work from the screenshots he posted? I think it'd be very honorable to have each of us do a little bit of work on the map for him, as he most likely would have wanted it to be in the wad.

Hmmm yeah, maybe those who were in contact with him have him on facebook or something and would be able to get in touch with his family without wierding them out.

There's only so many ways you can say the same thing everyone else is saying, but 23 is far too young to be taken from the world.

Sleep peacefully, man.

Oh man, It's sad to hear about stuff like this. I've only been here since December, so I didn't now him, but I hope he rests in peace.

23 is way too young to go. Two years ago today, a friend of mine took his life, and was the same age.

I never got a chance to talk to engineer, but he seemed like a nice guy, and I think it's great that one of his map ideas will be used in DTWID. RIP

Just others said, he was mapping for a very short time for DTWID.
That's a terrible thing to hear, Rest in Piece. And my condolences to his family.

I really feel bad when passing by death news.

engineer said:

Four if you include me.

Amaster, Toke, Espi and you.

I never knew you, but rest in peace anyways.

RIP Dude

It would be cool to include a tribute room to him in DTWID like this:

or maybe that nukeage thing in his third screenshot. The other two looked quite generic and square.

Engineer was one of the few Doomers on AIM that I regularly talked to. He was a night owl like me, so often at around 3 or 4 AM it was just me and him talking about this and that. I'll miss you, man.

We apparently registered in the same year and I guess I'm only a year younger than him. I feel like I remember him from my old days here when I see his profile but maybe I'm just inventing a false history in my brain. Either way, RIP. Things like this really make you think. I was in middle school when I joined here (I guess he would have been high school) and now I am saying that 23 is only one year older than me.