Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
MegaDoomer

Anyone recall what map this is?

There's a very old Doom I level from 1994 or 1995 (probably 1994) that I remember, but can't recall it's name. Here's what I remember about it:

-You start in a red brick textured room.
-The exit from the red brick room has you entering a large outdoor "hub" with many different doors to different areas you must (at least generally) complete in order. If I recall, the outdoor room is fairly dark.
-The level is massive, for being really old. For some time, it was among the biggest I remember having in my collection.
-The map ran on E1M7 (however don't weigh too much thought here as sometimes I'd routinely use a tool to change the mapslot of a level and forget, so this only applies if I didn't change the mapslot).

If someone has a guess or multiple guesses (even if they're very vague) as to what this level I'm recalling is, I'd appreciate it.

I'll take a random stab, and suggest that this might have been the original Doom 1 release of the map that became map03 in Jim Flynn's Enigma episode.

It's not Map03 from Enigma. The start area has the Doom red brick/stone texture, not the Wolfenstein one that's only in the Doom II wad. Still, I appreciate the ideas. I will look through the list of E1M7's to see if I stumble upon it.

Can't find it in the E1M7 list. I remember the shape of the automap a bit as well as the relative position and shape of the start and main rooms. I am going to throw together a quick image of what I remember and upload it, maybe that'll help me get a solution.

Here's what I seem to remember of the autompa. (Sorry it's on a white background, but the black lines represent the map.) The border is the relative shape of the entire level. As I said I also remember something of what the start room and main hub looked like and where they were on the full map. So I've approximated these two rooms, the smaller one is the start room with the red walls and the bigger one is the "hub" room. I may be off on the number of sides but it should provide an approximation - I'm sure I have the overall shape and relative postion on the fullmap (i.e. if you did IDDT) correct. The black dot represents the player starting position; blue lines approximate where doors were located. Here's the image:

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/706/mapajg.png/

Again, I also know the larger room I drew is outdoors, while the smaller room (the start room) is indoors. If this rings anyone's bell to what map this may look like, I'd appreciate any idea(s).