Shitty connection?

Has Doomworld been really slow to load for anyone else lately? I think someone mentioned it in #zdoom too.

Share this post


Link to post

If I want to complain about anything being slow it's Opera 11. I swear, Opera has become so incompetent, I'm a hair away from switching back to Firefox.

Share this post


Link to post
Technician said:

If I want to complain about anything being slow it's Opera 11. I swear, Opera has become so incompetent, I'm a hair away from switching back to Firefox.


Chrome 100%. It's like what Firefox was like when it first started doing the rounds. Now Firefox is slow as shit and has eight billion extensions to slow it down even more.

Share this post


Link to post

Using the forums a few hours ago caused a popup to be detected and blocked. It hasn't happened in a long time, I got no malware and I even added the entry in my hosts file a long time back. Hmm...

Share this post


Link to post
Sigvatr said:

Has Doomworld been really slow to load for anyone else lately? I think someone mentioned it in #zdoom too.


Maybe the powers that be have written your name in their little black book of 'miserable user' terrorists :(
http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=93258

GreyGhost said:

If I want to complain about anything being slow it's Opera 11. I swear, Opera has become so incompetent, I'm a hair away from switching back to Firefox.


Looks like google's covert browser monopoly is gooing smoothly. Outright buying all the competition might have legal hurdles and 'evil' overtones. If you pay the competition to take a dive in the fifth round instead, you get the monopoly plus the bonus points of looking like the least inept available plus you can probably place bets on stock beforehand, like Marsellus Wallace.

Share this post


Link to post
buttspit said:

Using the forums a few hours ago caused a popup to be detected and blocked. It hasn't happened in a long time, I got no malware and I even added the entry in my hosts file a long time back. Hmm...

It looks like Atomic Gamer have switched to Google Ad Services for the home page, so that gives you something else to block.

gggmork said:

GreyGhost said:

If I want to complain about anything being slow it's Opera 11. I swear, Opera has become so incompetent, I'm a hair away from switching back to Firefox.

As a happy SeaMonkey user I resent those aspersions! :P

Share this post


Link to post
DoomUK said:

The Trollinator avatar is a stroke of genius.


Took me about an hour to make it.

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now