Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Rem

Police arrest man for child pornography after tipoff from burglars

Recommended Posts


The two burglar suspects who reported Stockard have not been arrested.

Their case has been sent to the Merced County District Attorney's Office for review. When reached for comment, a press officer told CNN the office could not comment on the case because one of the informants in question is a juvenile.


Nice. So from now on, all burglars will try to find something against their victims, so if the going gets tough they can turn themselves into snitches and save their robbing asses from prosecution or at least delay/disrupt justice. And also will look on to have at least one juvenile accomplice so they can guarantee themselves police discretion. Great precedent, guys.

Share this post


Link to post

The burglars have stolen a pile of supposedly blank CDs from a barn. It's hardly grand theft auto. You don't get arrested for that, you get fined.


Now on the other hand, if they had admitted that the reason they were stealing blank CDs was to burn warezed games/albums/movies on them, then they'd be whisked away to Guantanamo faster than you can say "Nobody expects the RIAA inquisition!"

Share this post


Link to post
hex11 said:

In a barn, eh? They must have been looking to molest his sheep!



Reminds me of a George Carlin joke:

"If a Farmer fucks a sheep do you know why he does so at the edge of a cliff?"

"So the sheep will push back"

Share this post


Link to post
Maes said:

Nice. So from now on, all burglars will try to find something against their victims, so if the going gets tough they can turn themselves into snitches and save their robbing asses from prosecution or at least delay/disrupt justice. And also will look on to have at least one juvenile accomplice so they can guarantee themselves police discretion. Great precedent, guys.


Not to mention somebody who hates a guy can now break into his house, taking CP with them, then "discover" it and get him banged up.

Share this post


Link to post

This doesn't seem like due process. Isn't evidence supposed to be gathered in ways that, you know, aren't illegal?

Share this post


Link to post
Creaphis said:

This doesn't seem like due process. Isn't evidence supposed to be gathered in ways that, you know, aren't illegal?


Good point but I think this only applies to evidence directly acquired by a sworn police officer through illegal means like coercion, torture or breaking in without a warrant.

OTOH, obtaining information through snitches, informants, spies (which may be actual criminals themselves), undercover cops, fast-talking or even pure luck is considered perfectly fine.

Share this post


Link to post
Creaphis said:

This doesn't seem like due process. Isn't evidence supposed to be gathered in ways that, you know, aren't illegal?

If I recall correctly they also searched the guy's house and uncovered more evidence there, on the guy's computer and external hard drives.

Share this post


Link to post
DeathevokatioN said:

If I recall correctly they also searched the guy's house and uncovered more evidence there, on the guy's computer and external hard drives.


Yeah but that was a-posteriori. Creaphis wondered how the police could have acted on a mere tip by casual informants. I am not aware of pedophilia allegations result in an automatic search warrant, otherwise the guy simply shouldn't have consented to the initial search.

If you let a cop "have a quick look around" on "friendy terms" even if he doesn't't have a warrant, anything he finds is 100% valid evidence, and you can't say "you better stop it man, I changed my mind" afterwards.

Share this post


Link to post
deathbringer said:

Not to mention somebody who hates a guy can now break into his house, taking CP with them, then "discover" it and get him banged up.

What's worse is even if the cops do not find CP in your vicinity, they'll still likely charge you for whatever they find that is illegal, guns, warez, weed, etc. This was my issue with cops entering on the grounds of suspected evidence destruction without a warrant.

hardcore_gamer said:

I bet everyone would be whining about how unfair all of this would be though if the images had actually been lolicon or some shit instead of regular child porn.

Yes, I would make the argument against thought crimes (and point out the irony of the western world and violent media), but this incident opened up a whole new can of worms.

Share this post


Link to post
DeathevokatioN said:

If I recall correctly they also searched the guy's house and uncovered more evidence there, on the guy's computer and external hard drives.

The only child porn mentioned in the article was from the cds that the burglars stole. It didn't say there was child porn on the computers and external hard drives, and the guy only admitted to child porn on the cds.

Share this post


Link to post
Technician said:

Yes, I would make the argument against thought crimes


Normally I would agree but animated child porn is different.

Even if a person who owns it hasn't molested any real world children the fact still remains that he is sexually attracted enough to kids that he is willing to masturbate to the idea of having sex with them, this makes it impossible to argue that it is as safe to keep it around children as any other person.

I mean if a parent walked up to you and asked you "do you jerk of to images of children" and you replied by saying "yes, but only animated movies" then would you honestly expect the parent to just casually reply by saying "oh! well that changes everything, you can be around my kids then"?

While I do believe that animated child porn is not the same as regular child porn and should be treated differently, I find the notion that people who jerk off to animated kiddie porn are harmless because the porn is animated to be inherently stupid.

Don't try to make flawed comparisons to the "video games cause violence" debate either, its nothing alike. Sexual attractions and the urge to inflict violence are very different and unrelated urges.

I don't think there is any justification for why child porn should exist in any form or shape, be it animated or otherwise. If someone admits he finds children sexy, then said person should be given help and not some means of indulging in his/her's disgusting child molesting fantasies.

I blame a lot of the nonsensical attitude towards animated kiddie porn on the anime and hentai fandom. There are countless geeks to enjoy indulging in anime and hentai, so when they hear someone attack the ones that have minors and kids in them they freak out and treat it like an attack on all of anime/hentai in general.

Share this post


Link to post
hardcore_gamer said:

Don't try to make flawed comparisons to the "video games cause violence" debate either, its nothing alike.

I never once.

Sexual attractions and the urge to inflict violence are very different and unrelated urges.

No there's not. People get off all the time on inflicting or receiving pain. People are abducted and abused/killed all the time, just so people can cause them physical damage, no penetration. Even ending a man's life can get you off, boy. One huge power trip.

Ah, but aren't you catering to deranged individuals with violent game/films/fiction? When will their line finally be crossed?

Share this post


Link to post
hardcore_gamer said:

While I do believe that animated child porn is not the same as regular child porn and should be treated differently, I find the notion that people who jerk off to animated kiddie porn are harmless because the porn is animated to be inherently stupid.

Don't try to make flawed comparisons to the "video games cause violence" debate either, its nothing alike. Sexual attractions and the urge to inflict violence are very different and unrelated urges.

I don't think there is any justification for why child porn should exist in any form or shape, be it animated or otherwise. If someone admits he finds children sexy, then said person should be given help and not some means of indulging in his/her's disgusting child molesting fantasies.


Why? What's harmful about it? Did they harm any children? Nope. You think it's disgusting, so it's harmful and should be illegal. That just makes you stupid. Women, men, children, fried fish -- it's all the same different people like different things. You're only harmful if you do sexual things to children. By your logic I should be considered dangerous to women because I find them sexy.

Share this post


Link to post
Coopersville said:

lol weird, a friend of mine wrote a short story about pretty much this exact situation a few weeks ago.

But can he predict the next power ball outcome?

Share this post


Link to post

Hmm, I was actually trying to think of the ultimate wanker's gadget for a comic of mine set in the 2060's, however the things I dream up are being released (to queues of wankers who have waited outside the apple store for a week) before I can even draw it!

Share this post


Link to post
hardcore_gamer said:

Even if a person who owns it hasn't molested any real world children the fact still remains that he is sexually attracted enough to kids that he is willing to masturbate to the idea of having sex with them, this makes it impossible to argue that it is as safe to keep it around children as any other person.

yes, keeping children around pedophiles is not a good idea, a brilliant observation. is it somehow related to the issue at hand?

hardcore_gamer said:

I mean if a parent walked up to you and asked you "do you jerk of to images of children" and you replied by saying "yes, but only animated movies" then would you honestly expect the parent to just casually reply by saying "oh! well that changes everything, you can be around my kids then"?

yeah, filthy pedos in disguise. us regular folks jerking off only to interracial midget shemale gangbangs have nothing to hide and people let us near their kids with glee. also let's not forget: people who really want to molest kids will answer your question false and thus beat your awesome filtering test. also if a parent asked me that question, i'd probably think he's inviting me into his pedo circle and i'd tell the cops. sorry, i can't stop making silly puns.

hardcore_gamer said:

While I do believe that animated child porn is not the same as regular child porn and should be treated differently, I find the notion that people who jerk off to animated kiddie porn are harmless because the porn is animated to be inherently stupid.

hmm.. should staged rape porn and rape hentai be treated the same way? by your logic i'd say of course it should, it's just one step away from raping real women with my magical cluster of tentacle dicks.

hardcore_gamer said:

Don't try to make flawed comparisons to the "video games cause violence" debate either, its nothing alike. Sexual attractions and the urge to inflict violence are very different and unrelated urges.

so wrong on so many levels...

hardcore_gamer said:

I don't think there is any justification for why child porn should exist in any form or shape, be it animated or otherwise. If someone admits he finds children sexy, then said person should be given help and not some means of indulging in his/her's disgusting child molesting fantasies.

this is actually an interesting topic. yes, there is absolutely no justification for creating child porn. however there's already a ton and a half of it out there, so here's where some actual real life experts proposed keeping already existing child porn and giving it to certified pedophiles. you know, so they can get off on something and don't get motivated to catch a kid for themselves. except other experts say they'd eventually do it anyways, because after a while it wouldn't be enough and the pedos would just get ideas from the porn.

hardcore_gamer said:

I blame a lot of the nonsensical attitude towards animated kiddie porn on the anime and hentai fandom. There are countless geeks to enjoy indulging in anime and hentai, so when they hear someone attack the ones that have minors and kids in them they freak out and treat it like an attack on all of anime/hentai in general.

well, duh. how exactly do you establish the age of cartoon characters? especially when they are so utterly unrealistic as japanese anime chars. the author of gunsmith cats just made minnie may a former child prostitute, but she kept her loli appearance to her twenties where she gets married and pregnant, um. she also has a bunch of "onscreen" sex throughout the series, so i dunno. fapping to her in the first book would land me in jail, cause she's underage in usa, but fapping to the last issue is okay, cause she's already 18+ despite looking the same. and this is a character with A LOT of backstory, not just a random girl from a random tentacle porn. so, any idea?

Share this post


Link to post
dew said:

this is actually an interesting topic. yes, there is absolutely no justification for creating child porn. however there's already a ton and a half of it out there, so here's where some actual real life experts proposed keeping already existing child porn and giving it to certified pedophiles. you know, so they can get off on something and don't get motivated to catch a kid for themselves. except other experts say they'd eventually do it anyways, because after a while it wouldn't be enough and the pedos would just get ideas from the porn.

This might be the only scenario I do not support. Keeping around existing underage porn can create a demand for new content by growing interest for specific images. It's kind of like the situation with the ivory trade. Whenever an elephant is killed, they take the tusk and lock it away to try and destroy the problem at it's core, ween the consumers. It's a double edged sword, however, because denying the market can also raise the prices of content and attract high-risk takers to break the law and make more content. The best action to take is to try and eradicate the serious problem: real people exploited in any situation, past or present.

However, synthetic tusk is a great artificial substitute. Fictitious art and literature is much different than real life abuse. You also assume that people's fetish for loli or literature stems from wanting to hurt a child when it's often not. I had a hardcore weeaboo for a roommate a couple years ago and he was into that loli/moe stuff and he had no interest in real girls, or shown much interest in humans for that matter.

Art should not be censored when it's not violating one's rights.

Share this post


Link to post

Don't kids know that you can tell if CDs are blank or not by looking at the rings underneath?

Child porn is bad and anyone who looks at it is fucked up. But you also get those fucked up kids that are all into sex now posting themselves naked.

Also, anyone who looks at porn is pathetic anyway, you're probably better off getting struck by lightning than meeting some models. Plus it messes with your mind, you start to want to look at porn because masturbation gives you pleasure whereas if you just did the latter without porn you would be fine, although that is still bad. So basically it goes into your mind that in order to get your "high" you need to look at said pictures.

Share this post


Link to post
GhostlyDeath said:

Also, anyone who looks at porn is pathetic anyway, you're probably better off getting struck by lightning than meeting some models. Plus it messes with your mind, you start to want to look at porn because masturbation gives you pleasure whereas if you just did the latter without porn you would be fine, although that is still bad. So basically it goes into your mind that in order to get your "high" you need to look at said pictures.

I shouldn't dignify this post with a response, but fuck you and your mom your rode in on. This has to be a Poe's law, please Jesus make it so.

EDIT: Reads custom title.

Share this post


Link to post

yup, a good poe. the retarded idea itself wouldn't be enough, but the incoherent explanation really sells it.

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×