• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
phobosdeimos1

Someone make me a Birthday WAD (please)

Your response to this thread:  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Your response to this thread:

• Shut up phobosdeimos1 you ffff.. If I could I\'d take a shit directly on your grave
    • Ok, but expect it to symbolise your awful presence in this forum.

Weird. I guess I should have tested it after rebuilding with ZenNode right before uploading, huh.

Well, after trying for a few minutes to split the offending sector different ways, move vertexes around, whatever, ZenNode is still being a drama queen with random invisible walls, so I just rebuilt with ZDBSP (which is what I used while testing and worked fine). Haven't got the time to run through it all. Play at your own risk! Link

phobosdeimos1 said:

Purist I shall make you one, but it's gonna be a big one so expect it in a few days

Yours is about 2/3rds through. I started it with Grazza's papercut in mind but... well, you asked first. If I get time I'm going to make it a 6 level map-set with one for all Doomers in this thread with October birthdays (you, Marnetmar, NoneeLlama, C30N9, Katamori and me) but we'll see how I get on for time - it might be a little late!

purist said:

Yours is about 2/3rds through. I started it with Grazza's papercut in mind but... well, you asked first. If I get time I'm going to make it a 6 level map-set with one for all Doomers in this thread with October birthdays (you, Marnetmar, NoneeLlama, C30N9, Katamori and me) but we'll see how I get on for time - it might be a little late!

:') That's the kindest thing from a member from this community. :P

Thanks man for including me.

Too bad there isn't much to play, more just to look at the Doomgina for a few seconds lol

I haven't forgotten about this. I'm 2 maps into October.wad. I'm still hopeful I will get 1 or 2 more birthday maps done. MAP01 is pretty much done, MAP02 I'm not completely happy with and will take on suggestions for improvement. I need to at least add a secret.

MAP01 - Deimos Chainsaw Massacre (for phobosdeimos1)

MAP02 - Rocket Marn (for Marnetmar)

Download

EDIT: Forgot to say. These were both tested in PRBoom+ but should work in vanilla.

I'm only doing October because my 30th is 22nd of October. And, selfishly, because I thought I might get some made in return.

You'll have to do the November series. I have to stop at somepoint!

I'll make you one for MAP06 instead of making one for myself, provided I don't run out of time that is.

Thanks purist but the link doesn'nae work laddy

I haven't forgotten about yours but I've run into serious problems with mapping and am completely doubting my ability

EDIT: Now it works

Cell said:

So. Who was born in November, hands up!

November 15th - so far my celebration seems to be going on an early morning SharePoint course for the council...

Map would be appreciated, but unexpected :P

FDA for BHO01.

It seems possible given enough tries, but with the screen consistently filled with blood and flames, it's a crapshoot.

I'm flattered, but I'd say there's no need for anybody to go out of their way and make a map for me - there's loads of worthwhile community projects that'd benefit from the attention better :)

phobosdeimos1 said:

purist, here's my FDA of the current October.wad

http://www.mediafire.com/?phv28e3u28g4sdl

if you have the time, stick with it, i retried your Rocketman so many times, eventually getting to the Arch-vile bit and just finding it insanely difficult.

It was fun though, but I never got past killing about two of the archies before dying.

That was fun to watch. Glad you had fun playing. I still need to add a secret and implement difficulty levels. I think for a start I'll remove 1 AV in UV, 2 in HMP. I have an idea for the secret area that will help with that area but force the player to release the cyb...

I want to get on with MAP03. I have a concept but no idea for a layout so it will probably be another uninspired symetrical effort. That's the fun of birthday maps though - it's the thought that counts :-) I'll include the updated MAP02 when I've got a first draft on MAP03 ready.

So wait, is this going to be compiled? Otherwise I was thinking of releasing mine as a single PWAD, but it would stand better as part of a map set. Unless of course some levels require Boom, ZDoom, or whatever, then I don't really see the use in mixing a vanilla map in all that stuff; it seems a waste.

valkiriforce said:

So wait, is this going to be compiled? Otherwise I was thinking of releasing mine as a single PWAD, but it would stand better as part of a map set. Unless of course some levels require Boom, ZDoom, or whatever, then I don't really see the use in mixing a vanilla map in all that stuff; it seems a waste.

I suggested the maps should be compiled but you're the only person to acknowledge that idea so far. My plan was to make 6 maps for those who've posted here with birthdays in October and compile at least those into a set called october.wad. You and anyone else making Doom 2 vanilla maps under this theme are welcome to do add yours to mine and we can release them together.

FDA for 2, 3 and 4. I didn't put much effort into it. ;)

2 was easy.

3... had a fun name. :)

Was the MIDI in 4 supposed to sound like my tinnitus when it's really bad, or is something wrong on my end (using default windows XP midi playback in PrBoom+ 2.5.0.6)?

Edit: I guess so, the offending sound doesn't play when listening to the midi in SlumpEd.

Cell said:

So. Who was born in November, hands up!

Me! My birthday is on November 9th.

If by that time I have completed a certain other mapping obligation *glances at purist* I would love to get in on one of these birthday-swap circle-jerks

yeah

valkiriforce said:

So far I'd say you, Kyka, purist, and marginally PHML have made maps that warrant actual normal releases.

Kyka's map is a different thread tho, and it requires a port.