Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
pcorf

2002 ADO 10th year edition (RELEASED)

2002 A Doom Odyssey 10th Anniversary edition is almost 1 month done ahead of schedule.

I am deciding that I will release it on paulcorfiatis.com next Friday on July 27 which turns out be be exactly 98 years after World War 1 broke out.

I will make a few minor final tweaks and also add a DD_DEFNS lump to please risen3d players even though I never use that port. The lump will be added to display the correct episode names.

I have also remastered the 18 songs used in Death Tormention 1 and 2. Episode 4 replacements that were released in 1999 and 2000. http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLEB2A17E14B2EE971&feature=mh_lolz

pcorf said:

2002 add a DD_DEFNS lump to please risen3d players even though I never use that port. The lump will be added to display the correct episode names.

Thank You. :)

I spent most of the day making some final adjustments and corrections and have uploaded 2002ad10 to idgames.

Corrections of all level names so they match the WILVxx, MAPINFO and DEHACKED.

Many little adjustments from feedback and suggestions.

E2M9 uses the Heretic Sky and E4M9 the Night Sky with Sky Transfers.

Unfortunately I could not update my website because of a problem with the frontage extensions in frontpage 2002 so I had to email my web server provider so they can reset them tomorrow I hate it when that happens. But hopefully I can update my website soon.

I will reupload to the archives. The reason is that Doom Builder removed a lower texture from the lift in the first Nukage pit of E1M3 just after the starting area causing a HOM. This is a common problem in Doom Builder, removing upper and lower textures from equal height sectors joined together.

pcorf said:

I will reupload to the archives. The reason is that Doom Builder removed a lower texture from the lift in the first Nukage pit of E1M3 just after the starting area causing a HOM. This is a common problem in Doom Builder, removing upper and lower textures from equal height sectors joined together.

Hey Paul,

Thanks for improving 2002 ADO for the community to enjoy. When you reupload the 10th anniversary edition to the archives, could you provide the link? I can only find the version released in 2002 on the archives.

Vdaxzter said:

Hey Paul,

Thanks for improving 2002 ADO for the community to enjoy. When you reupload the 10th anniversary edition to the archives, could you provide the link? I can only find the version released in 2002 on the archives.

Did you see it above? Well if you didn't here it is.

FINAL RELEASE - http://www.sendspace.com/file/4c1unf

This version has the lift bug in E1M3 due to a Doom Builder issue.

pcorf said:

Did you see it above? Well if you didn't here it is.

FINAL RELEASE - http://www.sendspace.com/file/4c1unf

This version has the lift bug in E1M3 due to a Doom Builder issue.

I was referring specifically to the idgames archive link. I did see the sendspace link, but since you indicated that there's a bug present, I chose to wait for the fixed version on idgames.

Just uploaded the fixed version to my website and also reuploaded it to idgames. The textures in the E1M3 lift are now back..... bloody Doom Builder has a mind of its own. I hate it when it does that, removes lower and upper textures from equal height sectors. When I was working on WOS it became so much of a problem that many lifts have a slightly higher step bordering them so the textures would not be deleted. Plus it looked better,

http://www.paulcorfiatis.com/2002ad10.zip

May Not Run With...     : Vanilla doom.exe because the music in the WAD is
                          .MID files, not .MUS files.
Vanilla Doom actually can run MIDI file if they are not too large. It integrates Dave Taylor's MIDI2MUS code and will automatically run it if a MIDI file is embedded. It's been the case since Doom v1.5.

Yeah but on the other hand there's this:

Advanced engine needed  : Any Limit Removing Port with Boom Features
Does this mean that the new levels have Boom linedefs and such?

printz said:

Yeah but on the other hand there's this:

Advanced engine needed  : Any Limit Removing Port with Boom Features
Does this mean that the new levels have Boom linedefs and such?

New E3M5 and E4M1 are for limit removing.

Also the soundtrack is now avaliable on iTunes.