Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
didierbertrand

Whispers of Satan demos [-complevel 9]

and MAP25 in 13:53. Is there a Paul Corfiatis map other than trivial E2M8 from ADO which would contain cyberdemon(s) and NOT contain invulnerability?

ws25-1353.zip

Yes, Kristian can be really proud of this level. I also considered recording another category - for a brief moment -, but then I watched your demo again and said to myself "nooo, I can't afford to spend a week or more trying to attack that record".

This map is one of the few maps I actually really tried for a good record. Right now I'm doing some more WOS speedruns since some of my older records were beaten. I want to test my skill to see if I'm any good at making good times in maps, since I never really tried the in past.

Posting a fail demo of WOS MAP19, because of that spider that doesn't teleport, UV-Max run in 9:02. I reckon sub 9-minutes would be good. I'm gonna attempt to get that time.

wos19spider.zip

j4rio said:

29 max 19:18

Try as I might, I can't get this one to play correctly: it always desyncs very early on, after 20 to 30 seconds or so.

I'm using the latest glboom-plus build (2.5.1.4.test, 2012-Aug-20 00:19); I've explicitely specified the complevel and even tried wos_old.wad (grasping at straws there!), but nothing's made a difference.

Anything I might be doing wrong? Pointers would be appreciated - I'm not an expert. Thanks!

I have no problems with this demo and, since no-one reported desynchs so far, the demo must be OK.

The engine version shouldn't normally matter, though I tested with 2.5.1.1 and 2.5.1.4 FYI.

Wos.wad I have has a date 2009-12-07 and has 37 101 320 bytes. Is this the one you're using?

Try redownloading .wad and .lmp files as I cannot think of any cause other than one of these files corrupted.

also you should not have to specify a complevel for demo playback unless something's really screwed up. if redownloading the wad and the lmp fails, try to get a fresh factory settings .cfg for glboom+, maybe you flipped something the wrong way.

vdgg said:

I have no problems with this demo and, since no-one reported desynchs so far, the demo must be OK.

The engine version shouldn't normally matter, though I tested with 2.5.1.1 and 2.5.1.4 FYI.

Wos.wad I have has a date 2009-12-07 and has 37 101 320 bytes. Is this the one you're using?

Try redownloading .wad and .lmp files as I cannot think of any cause other than one of these files corrupted.

That was it! I had an earlier version of WOS.WAD, dated 2009-09-19 and weighing in at 37,137,865 bytes. Using the newer one, it's working now. Funny though, this is the only demo that desynced even though I watched all the other levels, too.

Thanks guys! :D