Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jdagenet

What is your favorite weapon and what is your least favorite weapon in DooM 2?

Favorite: BFG9000
I like it's gimmick of having to look at the enemies to inflict damage which prevents it from being overpowered. Furthermore, it's a pretty versatile weapon due to it being able to kill single, higher tier enemies in one shot or groups of lesser enemies.

Least Favorite: Pistol
Becomes useless once the player gets the Chaingun and it's just not fun to play with.

Favorite: Chainsaw! NYEEENnNnnNnNnNnNn

Least Favorite: BFG9000 but not by much. I respectfully utilize all weapons (including pistol and unberserked hands) but I use the BFG the least.

GoatLord said:

Only if you choose to play that way. It's, admittingly, a staggeringly popular weapon, but there's enough power among the other guns that the "use only the SSG" problem you're talking about happens mostly out of the player's reliance on the gun rather than the super shotty trumping the other weapons.

How about multiplayer ? In multiplayer - yes, SSG's power affects you even if you choose not to use it. In many circumstances it's the best weapon, instant hit with monstrous damage, no way to dodge. Some servers even make you spawn with SSG.

b0rsuk said:

How about multiplayer ? In multiplayer - yes, SSG's power affects you even if you choose not to use it. In many circumstances it's the best weapon, instant hit with monstrous damage, no way to dodge. Some servers even make you spawn with SSG.

Skillful shotgunning is a beautiful thing when it occurs.

Birdbrain said:

BFG9000 ... I like it's gimmick of having to look at the enemies to inflict damage

Oh dear, someone hasn't read the BFG FAQ.

Generally, my favorite weapon is BFG9000, as it's the most efficient machine for killing big monster groups. But when there's a single pig, skull or heavy weapon dude on my way, my favorite choice would be SSG, as it would kill my enemy instantly, in a little over 0 seconds.

I have no truly "least favorite" weapons in Doom. Well, I mildly dislike the pistol and the non-berserked fist, but they are not nearly as useless as the laser trip bomb in another one of my favorite games, Duke3D. It's really awkward to hit an enemy with that bomb, and it does a miserable amount of damage. Even the foot is more convenient.