Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Opus Eponymous

Bane of Hell

Firsty : Hello, I am new to the forums.

So I have never made or published a map before. Never ever before.

This is my first and proper attempt.

*LINKS REMOVED PENDING PWADIZATION*

Well enjoy & feedback is always welcomed

The massive file size got my attention, so before even attempting to play the map, I noticed that you've included large swaths (if not the entirety) of the Doom 2 IWAD. You should probably cut all of that out, as it's unneeded.

Your 13mb D_RUNNIN could benefit from being converted to OGG or MP3 as well.

Mithran Denizen said:

The massive file size got my attention, so before even attempting to play the map, I noticed that you've included large swaths (if not the entirety) of the Doom 2 IWAD. You should probably cut all of that out, as it's unneeded.

Your 13mb D_RUNNIN could benefit from being converted to OGG or MP3 as well.

Yeah sorry for file size. I'm new to XwE and such.

I tried to tidy up most of the stuff (Replaced my D_RUNNIN with a OGG file) Compressed it comes to 16MBS which I know is still big, but I honestly have no idea how to make it smaller

Have the music as an alternate download so you don't waste people's bandwidth.

If you replace all the .wavs with OGGs and cut out the Doom II IWAD stuff, you should be able to get the wad down to 10mb or less uncompressed.

Just cleaning out the IWAD stuff and removing the current D_RUNNIN brings it down to 13mb. The massive PNGs could also probably be replaced with smaller versions if you wanted to save more space, and the PSX sounds also take up a fair chunk, so you could always make those optional.

I'd leave the music in there if you can compress it though, OGGs don't take up that much space.

Mithran Denizen said:

If you replace all the .wavs with OGGs and cut out the Doom II IWAD stuff, you should be able to get the wad down to 10mb or less uncompressed.

Just cleaning out the IWAD stuff and removing the current D_RUNNIN brings it down to 13mb. The massive PNGs could also probably be replaced with smaller versions if you wanted to save more space, and the PSX sounds also take up a fair chunk, so you could always make those optional.

I'd leave the music in there if you can compress it though, OGGs don't take up that much space.

I'l make a new wad/account when I get better.