Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
neubejiita

Toddler run over and ignored in China.

Csonicgo said:

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headlines/2011/10/toddler-struck-twice-by-hit-and-run-drivers-dozens-ignore-her/

less biased of an article, for those interested in the story and not the fallacies by OP's link.

Liberal propaganda.

Christina Caron, abcNEWS said:
Finally, a woman who had been collecting garbage, spotted the girl. She pulled the child to the side of the road just before another van drove by. Eventually another woman, who appears to be the child’s mother, came over and picked her up off the road.

Cruelly appropriate. It really paints the Chinese to be selfish assholes.

Is the accompanying voyeuristic footage really necessary in stories such as these? It's as if people require evidence in order to believe tragedies and tales of the darker side of the human personality such as this exist. Personally I can't even bring myself to watch it.

I read about it last night on BBC, and they mention an important element of the story that's neglected from the other "sources" linked here (the one about baby eating etc. is just trying too hard, really).

In particular this important bit of information was conveniently left out:

Scam fears

Some said they understood the dilemma for the passers-by - that if they helped out they might incur costs or be blamed for the accident.

The China Daily reported incidents in January in which elderly men who fell in the street were left alone because people did not want to get involved.

It cited an earlier case in which a man, Peng Yu, who helped an injured elderly lady to hospital was then found by a court to be liable for some of her medical costs.

Another case - in which an elderly woman believed to have fallen in the road accused a man, Xu Yunhe, who stopped to help her, of hitting her with his car - also attracted considerable attention.

"There's been so many cases where people have been treated unjustly after doing good things," one comment said.

"I am not as rich as Xu Yunhe and Peng Yu are, we are all poor grassroots people," said another. "If we get caught in a scam, this is it. All we can do is to dial 120 (the emergency number)."

It's essentially a extreme case of giving a perverse incentive to flee an accident scene -and that happens even in the so-called Western nations.

Edit: heh after watching the footage of the video once again, even moving her was the wrong thing to do: you never move people involved in such a serious accident unless you have a stretcher/assistance/are a qualified paramedic. The proper procedure would be to block traffic and let professionals handle this. Moving her out of the way like a sack of potatoes might just have made things worse.

DoomUK said:

Is the accompanying voyeuristic footage really necessary in stories such as these? It's as if people require evidence in order to believe tragedies and tales of the darker side of the human personality such as this exist. Personally I can't even bring myself to watch it.

Yeah, I don't encourage you do. The footage ruined my morning.

Maes said:

In particular this important bit of information was conveniently left out:

Ouch. That reminds me of those situations where someone commits suicide in the company of someone who is trying to talk them out of it, then all of a sudden that person is under investigation for murder. It's awful that justified actions can be warped to turn against you.

This is just plain sad and disturbing.

I wonder what Diang (or whatever his name is) thinks of this..

Yee-haw, being female in China.
Yee-haw, Chinese civil law.
Yee-haw, Chinese blue collar workaholic culture.
Yee-haw, all those other precipitating factors.

Screw it.

This is the effect of chinese communist bandits rule! Fuck the government!

According to a stupid law of PRC, if u hurt someone by the car, u need to pay a lot to the victim. However if that victim dead, u only need to pay a little or even zero!

There's still other similar cases happen other from this. A few months ago, an old woman lay down in Wuhan because of heart attack, no one helps her and finally she deads. Another case happens in Zhejiang(Forget which city), a guy fall down to a lake and he was drown because no one helps him. There's still other much ridiculous cases. Not long ago a bus driver in Jiangsu saw an old woman lay down on the road. He decided to help her, but this old woman is a cheater. She wakes up suddenly and said that the driver hits her and force him to give her money!!!

Traditional Chinese culture stated that confucian is very important. Mencius(Another representative of confucian) mentioned that people are nice because they are helpful and know how to respect etc. Imagine a child fall down to a well, people who seen this accident may immediately help that child. Confucian has been very important in China until 1949, the rule of communist bandits, which are the most worst party I ever seen! Communist bandits destroy the traditional chinese culture by culture revolution in 1966, which is held by the son bitch Betruger-like Mao Zedong. Culture Revolution have got a very large affect in China, Confucian have been used for money-earning nowadays. Thought it seems that communist are concern about chinese culture, but don't get tricked by them! They just hope for money!

Just because of the destroy of Traditional Chinese culture, then chinese people changed! They are not the nice and beautiful kind of people at ancient times, instead they become very horrible, greedy and selfish. I can concluded that there are mainly 2 reasons why people ignored about that little girl. 1st Traditional Chinese culture is already no longer seen in Mainland China(But yes in Taiwan). 2nd is there's too much cheaters in China. People hopes to shirk responsibility in order to prevent being tricked. The communist government have used a lot of money for keeping people mouth shut, but very less on education. And one thing, in Mainland China students learn nothing about history and personal and cultural value, all they learn is how to praise the communist bandits and nowadays China.

What a shame in China! It's a sad news! In order to prevent this happens a lot, overthrow this bullshit communist government is needed!

But since they are the people that used to eat their own kind and have been known to eat human foetuses as a food source, it is not surprising that this horrible thing has happened.

Haha, what the fuck? That is the most incredibly racist thing I've heard all week.

Anyway, the fact that this happened is still pretty bad. I guess its the fucked up laws in China that are to blame.

Danarchy said:

Haha, what the fuck? That is the most incredibly racist thing I've heard all week.

Silvio Berlusconi had used it against "Chinese communists" in recent times too (months before going to China to do business with them).

You can find this and other similar bullshit inside the infamous black book of communism, an "excellent book" according to Berlusconi.

There's footage of all sorts of ridiculous crashes from China on some other video, all filmed at a crossroads at a university. Indian drivers have a similarly terrible reputation (though I doubt they hit and run as often, in fact if a cow decides to sit down on a crossroads that's it, the city is paralysed), many of them buying a car and driving off without having ever sat in one, let alone taken any test. It must be a curse of the "developing world", they have access to cars but not to the beuracracy involved with issuing proper licenses / preventing speeding / stopping drunk people driving etc

neubejiita said:

If you are not upset about this, you are not human.

You're right. I am most definitely a toaster.

Bucket said:

Kid must have been a second child. They're pretty expendable.

The child was a female, even more expendable. On the bright side, if she dies, they can try for a boy.

Daiyu_Xiaoxiang said:

It can't since the one child policy is still held in China.

Like they could actually control/witness everytime a woman gives birth. Pretty much impossible to do consistently everywhere, especially in a huge-ass place like China.

Also some Chinese couples that do end up having a second child just pay a fine and then get on with it, they're not all rushing for dodgy backstreet abortions.

Processingcontrol said:

People really suck...

So does this:

This girl dress herself as Soong Dynasty girl wearing Hanfu. She claims that she's actually Li Shishi, by an accident she came to modern world. She is selling Chrysanthemum now, the Chrysanthemum is still good-looking from Sooong Dynasty till now. And now she hopes that she can return back to Soong Dynasty. And she tries to prove her identity by dancing.

I wonder if this girl have mental problem or not, or just hope to cheat for money. Actually there's too much mad and retard people in China...........

Li Shishi: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Li_Shishi_(Song_Dynasty)

Maes said:

You can find this and other similar bullshit inside the infamous black book of communism, an "excellent book" according to Berlusconi.

Hey, I have actually rented that book from my college once and while I did not read the whole thing I did read some sizable chunks from it. It was an interesting read. What was wrong with the book?

hardcore_gamer said:

What was wrong with the book?

Nothing. Read "Mein Kampf" too for a refreshing alternative to the "horrors" of communism.

Maes said:

Nothing. Read "Mein Kampf" too for a refreshing alternative to the "horrors" of communism.

I hate stupid knee-jerk replies like this.

Can't you just tell me what it is you thought was wrong with the book? I already got it that you thought it was stupid, but I still don't know why.