Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tarnsman

Doom II Redux (It has nothing to do with Nazi Germany, Pavera!)

Doom II Redux or: How I Learned to Stop Trying and Use Generic Titles

D2R is/will be a 32 level megawad designed to be compatible with all Boom compatible source ports. Originally just me screwing around and intended for private use, but I had esselfortium give it a test run, he told me to make a thread... so here it is.

This megawad will be a reimaging on Doom II. Levels will try to be fresh while also resembling the original level (or at least some semblance of the original level.) Bits of Doom and Final Doom will also be present, but used sparsely.

11 Level Alpha - http://www.mediafire.com/?344te388a1n9pps
(Now with a REAL working URL!)

Levels and Progress -

Episode 1 - Plutonian Tech Outpost and Brown Desert Brown Outpost of Brownness
Level 1 - 100% Completed 1 2 3 4
Level 2 - 100% Completed 1 2 3 4
Level 3 - 100% Completed 1 2 3 4
Level 4 - 100% Completed 1 2 3 4
Level 5 - 100% Completed 1 2 3 4
Level 6 - 100% Completed 1 2 3 4
Level 7 - 100% Completed 1 2 3 4 (These are out of date, as I remade the level, but I'm too lazy to take new shots.)
Level 8 - 100% Completed 1 2 3 4
Level 9 - 100% Completed 1 2 3 4
Level 10 - 100% Completed 1 2 3 4 5
Level 11 - 100% Completed 1 2 3 4

Episode 2 - Industrial and Hell Infested City
Level 12 - 100% Completed
Level 13 - 100% Completed
Level 14 - 100% Completed
Level 15 - ~90% Completed
Level 16 - Not Started
Level 17 - Not Started
Level 18 - Not Started
Level 19 - Not Started
Level 20 - Not Started

Episode 3 - Hell, Super Hell, Omega Ultra Deluxe Hell, and Hell Cubed.
Level 21 - 50% Completed 1 2 3 4
Level 22 - Not Started
Level 23 - Not Started
Level 24 - Not Started
Level 25 - Not Started
Level 26 - Not Started
Level 27 - Not Started
Level 28 - Not Started
Level 29 - Not Started
Level 30 - Not Started

Secret Levels
Level 31 "Evilonia" - Not Started
Level 32 "Thy Flesh Consumed the Way id Did" - 60% completed

Other Crap Still Needed:
More Play-testers
Coop Play-testers
More graphics I need to bum off Essel
A Doom map editor that can has an input option to beam maps directly from my mind.

Easel told me about you and that these are among your first maps.

it made me want to cry

MegaDoomer said:

Do you need playtesters? If so I'd like to be one. :) I'd appreciate the completed maps, when they're done.

Yes, I could use playtesters. My playtesting method consists of, "Did I encounter any problems? No? Then nothing is wrong." (A very flawed methodology I'll admit.)

Tango said:

it made me want to cry

Why?

Tarnsman said:

Yes, I could use playtesters. My playtesting method consists of, "Did I encounter any problems? No? Then nothing is wrong." (A very flawed methodology I'll admit.)

Would you mind sending me the maps that are 100% completed (1 through 7)? I generally do best with testing when I stay relatively up-to-date with the progress of the wad, over trying to catch up on an increasingly chunk at once.

Wow, is this really some of your first Doom mapping work? The screenshots say otherwise, but if so then this is really amazing!

Good luck getting all 32 map made. I hope they all keep a similar quality as you've shown in those shots. And I will be keeping my eyes on this ;)

Looks pretty damn good so far, but I have to ask -- do the maps have names? I'm hoping that you won't make me go through all of them and name 'em for you, 'cause I'll totally do it... >_>

But damn. Welcome. :)

The name reminds me of the Beer! mod for Morrowind. Same Tarnsman or just a coincidence?

Tarnsman said:

Why?

Tango gets emotional when he feels that other mappers are more talented than him.

*looks at screenshots*

Tango, my man, I understand completely.

Map 10 looks particularly impressive to me, even though incomplete. Keep up the good work.

There's practically no way that these are among someone's first levels, judging solely from the screenshots. They look way too good.

Xaser said:

Looks pretty damn good so far, but I have to ask -- do the maps have names? I'm hoping that you won't make me go through all of them and name 'em for you, 'cause I'll totally do it... >_>

I'm still debating on whether or not to keep the original names or change them to something similar but different.

I will need to come up with names for the secret levels though as I'm just going to make those completely from scratch with no real influence from the original level (as I'm not particularly fond of those levels to begin with.)

Gez said:

The name reminds me of the Beer! mod for Morrowind. Same Tarnsman or just a coincidence?

No, that Tarnsman is a sixty-year-old man (which I am not)... and also my father.

Gez said:

Tango gets emotional when he feels that other mappers are more talented than him.

;______;

Very impressive stuff. I have to echo some of the above comments; this would look great for a long-time mapper; for a first time Doom mapper this is an even greater accomplishment. I hope they play as well as they look because I'm definitely looking forward to trying this out.

I absolutely adore the first shot of map10.

Bumpan with some new crap

Map 09 - 100% Complete
1 2 3 4

Map 10 - 100% Complete (Now with 2000% more crates: dedicated to vdgg)
1 2 3 4 5

Map 11 - 100% Complete (The Oblong Oval of Annihilation)
1 2 3 4

Grain of Salt said:

I found a tiny HOM error thing:
Haven't finished the first map yet. Feels very Vanguardian so far, which is definitely a good thing. :)

I have no idea why that keeps popping up. There is no missing texture and none of my copies have it, I can only assume it is created when I compress it to winrar.

Here is it by itself, tell me if that pops up.
http://www.mediafire.com/?1c92s9gsu5x4svh