Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Hekksy

Odamex Saturday Nitro #10 - Omgmaps DM

10 weeks of Nitro, that is certainly a feat! Last week's CTF session was fun, minus the horrible font that was used for 32in24-7. Still, we ended up playing for around 90 minutes, and non-stop action for that long is just about as much as I can take.

I thought it would be fun to revisit a wad that was really popular when it was first released, Omgmaps. You can't say that Toke made the prettiest maps, but he sure as hell knew how to make interesting and inspiring layouts. Toke was a big part of Odamex early on in its development, until he was tragically taken away from us. He was a great friend to not only myself, but the entire Doom community. I'd like to dedicate this session to him, and let's rock out on some of his great maps.

WAD: omgmaps
Maps: 32 (1-32)
Mode: 16 Player DM
Server: CoffeeNet
Date: Saturday, October 22nd @ 8pm EDT

If you don't already have Odamex, click me now and join the fun. See you there!

Vulture said:

Last week's CTF session was fun, minus the horrible font that was used for 32in24-7.

Yea I'm not sure what I was thinking when I made that smallfont X_X. Could a font be patched over top of it when you guys play it again? The Bolo font from Claustrophobia 1024 might be better. Or just patch the Doom font over it, though I'm not sure that's very legal...

Anyways, it seems every time I say I'm going to try and make it to one of these, I'm always busy doing something else. So, instead, this time I'm going to say that I'll be too busy to make it. And maybe I won't be busy and I will be able to make it :O

had a lot of fun at the last one (minus not being able to read anything) but i don't think i'll be able to make it this time.

I'll try to show up for this Nitro, as I missed at least the last one or more, not sure. The most recent I can recall was the fun romp through Crucified Dreams that got lagtastic midway through, so I guess however long ago that was.

Mithran Denizen said:

I'll try to show up for this Nitro, as I missed at least the last one or more, not sure. The most recent I can recall was the fun romp through Crucified Dreams that got lagtastic midway through, so I guess however long ago that was.

That was due to the server itself being overloaded by other things unrelated to odamex itself. Servers were changed for the following week and now things are back to being consistent.