Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Csonicgo

The "who cares?"th Annual Halloween Thread!

What are you doing this Halloween?  

46 members have voted

1. 1. What are you doing this Halloween?

• Scaring the piss out of kids like an asshole
    • PARTY!
    • Playing videogames
    • Watching spooky movies
    • Watching 80s spooky movies
    • The Graveyard Shift (it`s not a pun, your job sucks)
    • Dressing as the goddamn Batman
    • Making good use of eggs, toilet paper and your doorbell ringer finger
    • Your hand, since you forgot to plan anything
    • Actually assisting children in trick-or-treating

You bastards thought I'd forget? Well, I almost did this time.

I told myself I would actualy decorate this year. Since everyone has a competition on my street to see who has the best decorations, I'd thought I would enter, and then quickly retracted that thought after I discovered how much it costs to do it. So, It's the leaf-bag jackolanters. Again.

Where to get Halloween stuff?

It's getting difficult to do just that. A lot of places spring up out of vacant storefronts in September to sell Halloween items. I assumed that they would be cheap, but I quickly found that even the simplest of things (skull rings, masks, etc) are way, way overpriced. So I suppose that leaves us with two choices: The Internet, or waiting until Nov 1 and raid the Halloween stores as they sell off their wares at 75% off to get rid of it, because no one is going to buy a $5000 prop that has Michael Myers pop out of a door frame, complete with fogger and "realistic music" that still sounds like the Goosebumps screamer Keychains I bought at a school Book Fair.

Of course there's always Wal-Mart, which is a total mess this time of year. I suppose I can get some skull lights or something.

So, what are you doing? Choose wisely.

Going to class 6-9, basically the entire Trick-or-Treat time. Though, I'll probably wear my wig and/or my Abyss mask to class. Would be rather amusing.

I actually made a facebook status about the one I voted for yesterday... weird.

Evil Dead 2, House, Return of the Living Dead, Braindead, Poltergeist, etc.

Yup, that's Halloween (and summer)

I'll probably be helping my sister with her tricking/treating (and maybe stealing some of her candies...maybe). I guess I'm just too old and boring to do anything else for halloween these days :P

I tell you what I didn't actually have planes for Halloween, but sitting about drinking and watching 80's horror movies sounds rad as hell.

We don't do Halloween in Australia, though major retailers stock some of the merchandise - just in case.

I will be celebrating halloween by doing the same thing I do every other day of the year sans christmas eve unfortunately: go to work, come home, make dinner, go to bed.

Probably playing through Dead Space again, answering the door to hand out candy (and freaking mothers out when I'm the one opening the door), and probably not much else. I never have been much of a Halloween person.

yukib1t said:

Probably playing through Dead Space again, answering the door to hand out candy (and freaking mothers out when I'm the one opening the door), and probably not much else. I never have been much of a Halloween person.

I figured Halloween would be the time of the year when uptight mothers wouldn't freak out at gender bending.

Attending my niece's birthday party. And then holding another party at midnight for my mom.

Day: Kids Halloween (with my kid duh)

Take kid home

Night: PARTY PARTY PARTY PARTY PARTY PARTY

That's old enough to have fun dressing up and seeing monsters and stuff. I guess?

1) I live in Los Angeles. If there's one place in the United States where Halloween causes more celebrating than Christmas, it'd have to be this city.

2) I'll be staying at my sister's place.

3) My sister's friend just moved into Culver City... it will be her birthday weekend. The woman has a long history of drunken adventures.

Conclusion:
Yeah, I'm going to go with PARTY!!

I'm too old for going out trying to get candy. Instead, I think I'll just hang out with a few friends since I got nothing better to do.

Sodaholic said:

I'm too old for going out trying to get candy. Instead, I think I'll just hang out with a few friends since I got nothing better to do.

You edited it, but we all know that by 'hang out' you mean experiencin' wif da herbs. Nice try there, Soda!

I actually just finished watching the first two Halloween films. I love John Carpenter's horror films, probably my favorite horror director. Thinking about watching my bluray copy of The Thing next. Has anyone here seen the prequel yet? If so, can you please tell me it was shit?

As for videogames i'll probably marathon some Resident Evil games just for some good classic survival horror. Anyone here have any other good reccomendations? I already know about the Penumbra series and Amnesia.

When i was a teenager I once went as the butterball cenobite from Hellraiser. Needless to say children were wetting their selves over my costume. I would show you guys some pics but unfortunately one of my friends has the only pics of it.

I don't do anything for halloween anymore but i do take advantage of the holiday for good horror films and games.

Hell's Vendetta said:

Has anyone here seen the prequel yet? If so, can you please tell me it was shit?

I thought it was shit, but chances are you'd like it.

Halloween is always inevitably spent with de-facto girlfriend who cares more about Halloween than any other day of the year. She won't remember her own birthday, but Halloween is king. Most of the time this works out to handing out candy and watching non-scary movies since she's too scared of scary movies.

My mom loves Halloween too. Every year the display of dead-looking things and props ranging from spooky to tacky gets bigger. Our front yard morphs into a smoke-filled cemetery that scares the shit out of any kid younger than 8. And if it doesn't scare them, my brother has developed a habit of scaring them. Last year he took the chain off a chainsaw and terrorized the street. The neighbours were unimpressed.

I'm British and no one here except kids under 10 gives a fuck about it. It's not even needed as an excuse for adults to have parties and get hammered.

My favorite halloween activity is making haunted houses (as well as going to them), but I haven't been able to do that since many years ago.

So, drinking large amounts of pumpkin ale will have to suffice!