Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jdagenet

Bleeding Terror (DooM 64 EX map)

Just finished your map , I liked it , but since I'm a Doom 64 addict , I'm not hundred percent realistic . Couldn't see anything wrong , only maybe minor lack of ammo here and there ...Anyway, keep them coming ! Cheers !

redhead said:

Just finished your map , I liked it , but since I'm a Doom 64 addict , I'm not hundred percent realistic . Couldn't see anything wrong , only maybe minor lack of ammo here and there ...Anyway, keep them coming ! Cheers !

Thanks man, I plan on releasing more soon. Yes there wasn't much ammo but, I tried to make it challenging and not give the thought "I can survive, there is a box of shells in every corner of this place!".

I love custom Doom 64 maps. Keep 'em coming!

And this one is exceptionally good. I love the battle-rush oriented style of it.

buttspit said:

I love custom Doom 64 maps. Keep 'em coming!

And this one is exceptionally good. I love the battle-rush oriented style of it.

Thanks for the feed back and I will be sure to make another one and I to love DooM 64 maps, they're just so awesome.

I have the latest version of Doom64Ex but when I try loading the game after specifying your iwad in the launcher I get "W_Init: Invalid main IWAD id" error. I don't understand why it won't work for me.

It's a PWAD, not an IWAD (so don't try to load it as one). Do this instead. First, put the wad in the same folder as Doom64ex. Open the launcher.

At the bottom of the launcher (parameters), type in:

-file bleedingterror.wad

Doomsfall said:

I have the latest version of Doom64Ex but when I try loading the game after specifying your iwad in the launcher I get "W_Init: Invalid main IWAD id" error. I don't understand why it won't work for me.

Hmm strange, this is how I do it:
1.Put the wad in my DooM 64 EX directory.
2.Open up the launcher and in the "other parameters" I type "-file BleedingTerror.wad" and it works just fine.
If it still doesn't work then I don't know what to tell you, maybe ask Kaiser?

Ugh my bad, I quickley checked the parameters.txt files and saw the first option for -iwad and rushed to get it to work. XP

Edit: I tried it and found a problem with the map, I am able to go pass one of the barriers to the middle platform infront of the steps by walking through the side.

Doomsfall said:

Edit: I tried it and found a problem with the map, I am able to go pass one of the barriers to the middle platform infront of the steps by walking through the side.

Fixed it.

Kaiser said:

This thread is in serious need for screenshots

Yeah I was going to add some but just haven't gotten around to do it.

Haven't played it yet, but this is an exciting time because I've been waiting for new Doom 64 maps for awhile now. Sometimes I find it funny because I remember a decade ago when a lot of Doomers seemed to detest Doom 64, or at least that's the impression I got.

I agree, Goatlord. There was a lot of hate for Doom 64 back in the day.

Also, a little off-topic, but it seems Kaiser's D64 forum is totally swamped by spambots.

GoatLord said:

Screenshots look killer, feels very much at home with D64's maps.

Thank you. I tried to give it that feel of DooM 64 and I think I came pretty close.

It's only me, but this map gives a feeling of Plutonia-meets-Doom 64 (with the monster traps and ambushes). But at a slower pace to accomodate Doom 64's style (even during very busy/heavy battles, Doom 64, for some reason, feels slower than PC Doom).

But it's not a bad thing; I like the style.

Played it and i must say, i love you.

But seriously, only real gripes for me were a couple tough spots (been mentioned already i'm sure) and a bit tight on ammo. I really liked the feel of the map as well, it seems you tried to stay to Doom 64's roots.

Good job!

buttspit said:

Doom 64, for some reason, feels slower than PC Doom

Doom 64 runs at 30 Hz instead of PC Doom's 35 Hz. That makes it about 14.3% slower.

Hell's Vendetta said:

Played it and i must say, i love you.

But seriously, only real gripes for me were a couple tough spots (been mentioned already i'm sure) and a bit tight on ammo. I really liked the feel of the map as well, it seems you tried to stay to Doom 64's roots.

Good job!

Yeah I agree some spots were harder than others and yes I did try to stay on the DooM 64 level, I guess I should make a thread of the other map I'm making for DooM 64 EX and...I love you to...I guess.

Gez said:

Doom 64 runs at 30 Hz instead of PC Doom's 35 Hz. That makes it about 14.3% slower.

Thank you.

Maybe it could of benefited from having a chainsaw or something or maybe a Berserk. Otherwise not too bad, if symmetrical. I did like the challenge however.

Cyanosis said:

Maybe it could of benefited from having a chainsaw or something or maybe a Berserk. Otherwise not too bad, if symmetrical. I did like the challenge however.

Thank you and I did put a few Berserk's in the map, you just have to look.