Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Shaikoten

32in24-11 - It's done! Download inside

Welcome to another edition of 32in24! Today's special ingredient is: cc4 resources! http://essel.spork-chan.net/wasd/cc4-tex-16.zip

But wait, that's not all!

As M. Night Shamalamadingdong would say, there is a TWIST!

We will making small-to-mid sized FFA maps for approximately 8 players. Over the course of the week after the event the wad will be compiled and sent to competitive doomers for review, and then played on Saturday in Odamex Nitro for more input. Then next Sunday, we will be given a chance to revisit the maps we produced, with all of the feedback from the players, and refine the wads to be played the week after.

We're going for some high quality maps here, but don't worry about perfectionism the first go around. We'll get to polish those turds.

The rules:
Boom Compat
8 Player Maps (Don't make them stupid huge, use omgmaps as a guideline)
NO Map exits
Only use textures provided
New music OK
Post download link to map in this thread
Do not flag items multiplayer only
Beauty is optional: fun is not

Recommended upload site: Mediafire.com

IRC channel: #32in24 @ OFTC.net

RELEASE: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/6650582/32in2411.zip

Aw wtf. I only have internet access at work, so could you possibly PM me the details now? I promise I won't tell anyone. But I guess that's still cheating.

edit: I'll check the deets tomorrow but I prolly won't make something, prolly

You probably should've posted a few days in advance, I dunno how many people you're gonna get on such short notice. We'll see though, maybe a lot of people will post and prove me wrong!

This is actually more advance notice than most 32in24's have. Everything is going to be fine.

Eternal Slumber: Sorry, everything has to be done in that one day. Try to get a connection! Visit someone! Go to a coffee shop!

AAAAAWWWWWWWWWWW YEEEEEEAAAAAAHHH!

I'll be damned if I know how to make a DM map, but that hasn't stopped me before. Brace yourselves for nonsense. :P

CANCELING PLANS WITH GIRLFRIEND TONIGHT RIGHT NOW

40oz said:

CANCELING PLANS WITH GIRLFRIEND TONIGHT RIGHT NOW

hahahahaha. good man.

i will make a fucking map if i have to fail my project due monday

actually, that's a very bad idea. i'll still try my best to make a map.

Grain of Salt said:

They're not even very important plans, that's just how I roll.

beg to differ. i'd say making a 32in24 map is a pretty important plan.

I'd love to know whose midnight we mean :P

I might have a crack at some speedmapping depending on how many waking hours I'm given.

Phobus said:

I'd love to know whose midnight we mean :P

I might have a crack at some speedmapping depending on how many waking hours I'm given.

Good question! Historically it's been done to eastern time, so it's likely the same here.

esselfortium said:

Good question! Historically it's been done to eastern time, so it's likely the same here.

Right, that seems to be about 5-6 hours behind me (I've not bothered working out how that applies to British Summer Time) so I'd actually get quite a lot of the 24 hours if I was to work at it all day. I'll check out the details tomorrow morning and make a decision :P

essel we briefly talked about some sort of quality control method a few days ago. will such a thing be put into place for this one?

Tango said:

essel we briefly talked about some sort of quality control method a few days ago. will such a thing be put into place for this one?

Yeah, we're checking all the Tangomaps at the door to let only the good levels come in

Man, fuck you guys. My sister's birthday is tomorrow.
Screw it, I'll get on this Monday. I'll bet dollars to donuts you won't be half done by then.

I have very little experience playing and absolutely no experience making DM maps, but I might try to make something for this anyways. Hopefully if won't suck too much. :P

I'm down. I only just found out approx. 12 minutes ago, but I'll do one. That's how the 32in24 thing started, right? Make a map really fast?

Today I feel like doing something different from my usual trend of spending ages on just one 32in24 submission, so here's my pointlessly silly experiment of the day:

I challenge all of you to an official (note: not actually official) Torm-off. I'm going to be using Boris's stairs plugin to automatically add borders to my maps and then filling them with silly copy and paste detail, then autobordering that, too. Bonus points if the map actually comes out looking attractive and being fun to play, too.

This test room for autoborders* took about four minutes in total, nearly all of which was spent figuring out the shape of it. It only took an additional few to add all this crap, literally all of which was almost entirely autogenerated from drawing basic shapes. I bet a bunch of you can do better than that in as little time.

*obviously not a 32in24 submission.