Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Shaikoten

32in24-11 - It's done! Download inside

dew said:

impassible lines nitpickery

All sounds good to me dew :). I didn't really think much about jumping or the impassible line placements in most of those outdoor rocky areas while detailing. I'll take care of those asap!

Since we're allowed to do detailing after the fact now, I guess I'll spruce up Radish Juice a bit before testing starts.

I'll get on visually completing at least one of my maps tomorrow then, if we're allowed to get on with it now. I think that'll be Going Viral, as it's nearer completion already.

So can we expect a return to regular 32in24 releases? I'd be happy to see this series return to monthly (or whatever) sessions.

They may be more frequently, but don't hold your breath for monthly. Maybe bi-monthly, but probably not a set time. Let's just get this one out the door and see how this balance-review strategy ends up. All of the work of the dedicated testers and mappers really looks like it's paying off.

dew said:

joshy:
i smell a crazy gimmick, toke-being-a-jerk style. i mean spamming the plasma all over the conveyor belt area, bwahahaha. so how about making the plasma platform inaccessible (even with jumping) and one would teleport there from the water pit?
other than that... make the area where people spawn bigger, it's rather cramped. also use nice wide forking stairs to climb to the SSGs, the small lift is slow and horrible. :)
this could work too: put the plasma where the RL is now. the teleport would still lead to an inaccessible "spam" platform overviewing the conveyor belt. the RL would be on the other side in the "spawning" area, right above the teleporter.
oh, and limit the megasphere to just a BA or something. and the two southern spawns should be less of a spawnrape trap, redesigning them like the middle ones would help.

Sexy feedback, but what's not so sexy is I do not have the time to fix the map up and properly make it sexy-looking. I cannot afford to procrastinate on this when I've got piles of stuff to do.

I'm hoping that someone would be up for polishing my turd? (Modify the layout, item placements, whatnot if you wish)

Joshy said:

Sexy feedback, but what's not so sexy is I do not have the time to fix the map up and properly make it sexy-looking. I cannot afford to procrastinate on this when I've got piles of stuff to do.

I'm hoping that someone would be up for polishing my turd? (Modify the layout, item placements, whatnot if you wish)

I would love to bro. if you are cool with dat.

Tango said:

I would love to bro. if you are cool with dat.

Sexellent, thanks heaps.

Mkay, here's the latest version of Storming the Castle - changes are as follows:

-Shotgun/chaingun placed at most player starts (only RL man has to move to get a weapon)
-PR replaced with BFG, easternmost CG replaced with PR
-++32'd the entire map's brightness
-Added an ugly-ass staircase out of the eastern pit
-Decided to remove all armor as I couldn't find a way to balance it properly otherwise...
-SSG's shifted to different locations
-Cell ammo here, cell ammo there... not much to say
-The two pits are no longer red

This all thanks to dew's advise, much obliged.

EDIT: Link changed to version with less fugly staircase.

A new alpha version of 32in24-11 has been released. This time, I've made more tweaks to "No Place for Rest" (switched a rocket and the rocket box around, prevented you from hitting a wall if you go down the middle stairway with strafe50,) and added the updated versions of "Storming the Castle" (readding the player 1 start in the process) and "Meanwhile, in Finland" (changing its sky to the blue sky in the process upon request.) Same URL as before (http://dl.dropbox.com/u/6650582/32in24-11_alpha.zip), but now the WAD's filename is 32in24-11a3.wad, as requested by Shaikoten. It will be incremented with each new version.

http://www.speedyshare.com/files/30958103/EAHQ04.wad

EA Headquarters (If map37 can have its name shortened to that, it would be fantastic)

Changelog:
-Changed sp_hot bricks to a less vibrant brickblk in the central elbow
-Marble stairs rounded out.
-Couple ceiling texture sectors add it to change up the ceiling.

http://www.mediafire.com/?ofd2021tsfmcxjg

Updated STAIRTAN3

@Dew : Didn't see you're comments on my map earlier. Lol, I don't really put my stuff out very much, so you probably thought I was going to be terrible huh?

Anyway, heres the changelog :

Updated weapon placement at spawns. Again, @ Dew : Is this what you meant?(below)

that could work, sure. and i was terrified by stairs as the gimmick of the map, that usually leads to tragedy. you might actually prove me wrong. :)

dew said:

that could work, sure. and i was terrified by stairs as the gimmick of the map, that usually leads to tragedy. you might actually prove me wrong. :)

Yeah, when I first started going on the map I thought," I'm gunna fuckin win this challenge, watch."

So I used the stairbuilder and only 3 different step-textures throughout. At first I had no idea how to connect the outside garden-area to the central stairway, so I just made that abstract room with the 3 intersecting stairwells coming into it. It was really small so I scrapped the whole thing basically and made the rooms bigger. At first it would've been smaller than brit10 MAP01.

sidenote : Esselfortium is the one who actually came up with the name STAIRTAN3 in #32in24 that night, lol.(originally it was so_many_stairs.wad)

(p.s., idk what i just typed im rly rly high)

by tomorrow afternoon i should have an updated version of my first map, along with a detailed, updated version of joshy's map.

http://edward850.soulsphere.org/Public/Wadprojects/32in24-edward850-techbaseterror02.zip

Updated TechBase Terror
-You can no-longer sneak out of the staircase windows.
-Included BFG based off dew's suggestion.
-More SSG's.
-Lift in slime area no-longer takes 65535 years to move.
-Swapped around plasma/blue armour, making the plasma gun harder to get.
-No more pistol spawns.

I don't know what TGH's schedule is looking like tomorrow but let's say the deadline for submission for maps to be included in the Saturday Nitro testing session (what we will be officially calling beta 1) is:

2:00 PM, Eastern Standard Time, Saturday the 29th

Whatever condition your map is in at this time will be the way the Nitro masses see it the first time around. Sunday will be our big feedback collection and tweaking day, so everyone be on board and back in #32in24 on OFTC to discuss how we're going to move forward and polish, which maps are great, and which maps still need work.

After Sunday's session we will be in Release Candidate mode, testing no longer for features, beauty, and balance but simply bugs.

Nitro begins at 8PM EDT, Saturday the 29th. Be there or be square.

(I will probably be late and very square :( )

Sounds good to me. The detailing on this map is taking longer than I thought (:P) but I should be done by then. If not, it's certainly no big deal. At the least I will be able to submit the updates to Ipecac from dew's feedback.

As much as I'd like to join in, I may be feeling slightly trapezoidal tomorrow (eg. too busy with other things ;_;), so no guarantees that I'll be able to attend the testing session. If not, I hope everyone has a fun time!