Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Grantman711

Doom 1 and 2 Coop Players needed

Hello everyone, I love doom a lot, been a while since I had played, but I was wondering if anyone would like to give doom 1 and 2 campaign's a shot with me.

I have the required files for a coop and can send them if requested,

Will use team speak and set up a server

Respond if Interested

:)

My issue with Skulltag (which I do use) is it seems no one plays Co-Op on the ORIGINAL maps, which is what I want to do. That's what I find nostalgic.

I'm sure every now and then there's someone randomly playing the original maps, but every time I log on and look I can't find anyone.

Dusty

I see random people playing the original iwad maps with no additional mods all the time on odamex. Might be worth checking out.

I'm looking for vanilla players. It's much more fun to play the original DOS version (with DOSBox) online. Anyone interested? There's a Hamachi -like program named YANG (Yet Another Netplay Guider) where game can be launched easily. http://yang-online.com/

Well Guys I know Doom has a lot of source ports, and I used to play on zdaemon, only problem is, Not to many people like coop, And Whats even crazier Is The source port I use supports Open GL, Its called snowberry, And to spruce the old doom game up, I created my own Wads that Feature real gun sound effects...from rainbow six series, this adds to Beefing up the sound of your game...Not to mention when You beef up the Open GL Graphics with Jdoom Mod You get the Good old doom, But in 3d With mouse look and realistic with reloading gun models and sound effects...Looks like quake 2 really when its all said and done, But its a lot of fun

Thats the only thing I was suggesting, If anyone is interested, in a completely Different take on their old favorite, Please Let me know, Its all custom from what I have done with it.

Will work on XP, ect...

Message if Interested...

If there is any sort of incredibly detailed guide on how to play doom in coop somewhere around (for dumb people), I'd gladly do something.

I always find servers on skulltag with original doom IWADS, and if there isn't, I join an empty one until someone comes around (which usually isn't long, anyways)