Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mattassacre

Thrash Metal

I've always enjoyed thrash to some degree. I started with early metallica and megadeth, and slowly progressed to lesser known thrash bands.
Anyways, my favourite thrash bands goes as follows:
Megadeth
Nuclear Assault
Sodom
Kreator
Tankard
Sacred Reich
Hirax
Metallica
Exodus
Testament
Anthrax

You idiot, where's Gama Bomb? :p

If I really had to pick one, it'd be Testament.

Mr. Chris said:

You idiot, where's Gama Bomb? :p

If I really had to pick one, it'd be Testament.

How come it says you posted that on 10/24/11 if its the 23rd?

ANYWAYS, I don't favor thrash metal at all. Infact, its one of my least favorite subgenres of metal all together.

Metallica sold out
Anthrax just sounds like normal hard rock now... and its on the radio everynight.
Slayer brutally judges me and my religion

Plus the over all sound of thrash is just... I can't stand it.

I stick to Doom, trad, and sludge mainly.

yellowmadness54 said:

How come it says you posted that on 10/24/11 if its the 23rd?

ANYWAYS, I don't favor thrash metal at all. Infact, its one of my least favorite subgenres of metal all together.

Metallica sold out
Anthrax just sounds like normal hard rock now... and its on the radio everynight.
Slayer brutally judges me and my religion

Plus the over all sound of thrash is just... I can't stand it.

I stick to Doom, trad, and sludge mainly.

would you be shocked to hear that the vocalist of Slayer is Catholic ?

Mattassacre said:

would you be shocked to hear that the vocalist of Slayer is Catholic ?

Really?
Thats very strange. I maybe confusing them with another band though, so I feel iffy on my saying if they were satanic or not.

I still prefer other forms of metal, however.

Epic Doom :)

Thrash metal was my part of my high school anthem. I fondly remember first hearing Exodus, Dark Angel, Overkill, Slayer, Wehrmacht, Vio-Lence, Rigor Mortis, Sodom and so many others. The percussive nature of thrash metal--as well the tonal ambiguity resulting from the constant use of power chords--gave it a distinct and sometimes mechanical texture. I'm a bit surprised at how many people in this thread have asked why such-and-such band was not included, despite not being thrash, and the poll suggests that even the thread starter is only marginally familiar with the genre. For shame! Kudos though, for having a thrash thread in the first place.

GoatLord said:

Thrash metal was my part of my high school anthem. I fondly remember first hearing Exodus, Dark Angel, Overkill, Slayer, Wehrmacht, Vio-Lence, Rigor Mortis, Sodom and so many others. The percussive nature of thrash metal--as well the tonal ambiguity resulting from the constant use of power chords--gave it a distinct and sometimes mechanical texture. I'm a bit surprised at how many people in this thread have asked why such-and-such band was not included, despite not being thrash, and the poll suggests that even the thread starter is only marginally familiar with the genre. For shame! Kudos though, for having a thrash thread in the first place.

Vio-Lence is badass... So is Destruction! Great bands.

Municipal Waste, Toxic Holocaust, D.R.I., and Suicidal Tendencies sometimes

Venom (Yes Venom), Slayer, Sodom, Kreator, Megadeth are about my favourites I tend to listen to Death Metal more then I do thrash these days. Cannibal Corpse, Nile, I Chaos that sort of thing or even more the opposite end of the scale with Motorhead, Hell and Maiden.

yellowmadness54 said:

Really? Thats very strange.

Protip: Cannibal Corpse aren't serial killers, Ice T wasn't a real gangster and The Sex Pistols weren't actual anarchists. You can make music about whatever you want or listen to whatever you want and it doesn't have to correlate with who you are as a person.

Anyway, no mention of S.O.D or The Exploited (their more recent stuff) yet so I'll throw those in.

Venom kicks ass, I love their first 2 albums, anyone heard "At War With Satan"? I've heard it was below average outside of the title track.

Some killer American and Canadian thrash bands that Slayer, Metallica and Anthrax refused to tour with because they were too scared of getting blown off the stage. The reason why thrash died in the early 90's was ultimately because of the washed out "big 4" dicking around.

My personal favorite German thrash bands:

PS: am I the only one here that thinks the "bay area thrash revival" mostly sucks? I enjoy Merciless Death, but in general it just seems to be about regurgitating riffs the most generic riffs from the 80's but with an ugly modern clean production.

@DeathevokatioN - I always wondered, is your username a reference to the DISMEMBER/CARNAGE song of the same name?

Gotta love Thrash \m/
My favorite Thrash bands are:
Slayer
Hexen
Sepultura (Max days)
Metallica (old)
Judas Priest (Jugulator album)
Mastery
Megadeth
S.O.D.
Arnion
Living Sacrifice (old)
Believer (old)

I can think of a few that I don't think were mentioned yet(and am not going to check for because I'm supposed to be proving a language is not regular with the pumping theorem right now):
Agent Steel
Angel Dust
Artillery
Assassin
Blessed Death
Carnal Forge
Dark Angel
Death Angel
Deathrow
Deceased
Deliverance
Devastation
Funeral Nation
Grip Inc.
Heathen
Hydra Vein
Intruder
Iron Angel
Juggernaut
Kreator
Living Death
Mayhem
A Perfect Murder
Powerlord
Protector
Raise Hell(Not Dead Yet album)
Razor
Shah
Vendetta
Warbringer
Warrant(obviously different from the shitty hair metal band)

And a few Russian bands whose translated names are what I have to post because I neither know Cyrillic nor how to type Cyrillic out:
D.I.V.
Corrosion of Metal
Master

DoomUK said:

Protip: Cannibal Corpse aren't serial killers, Ice T wasn't a real gangster and The Sex Pistols weren't actual anarchists. You can make music about whatever you want or listen to whatever you want and it doesn't have to correlate with who you are as a person.

Anyway, no mention of S.O.D or The Exploited (their more recent stuff) yet so I'll throw those in.

Well yeah, but typically satanic or anti-christian music is written by those who are satanic or anti-christian, correct?

Not exactly thrash, but its metal, and I think starting another metal thread would be a bad idea.

yellowmadness54 said:

Well yeah, but typically satanic or anti-christian music is written by those who are satanic or anti-christian, correct?

Quite the opposite.