Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Reaku-the-crate

Blood Mine

I saw the pictures. According to them, some parts are undetailed, but it's not a big problem. There are several well-detailed area.

I think it would be an average, but definitely good WAD. Will you upload it to /idgames? If yes, then I'll try it, cause I hate using Mediafire.

Katamori said:

I saw the pictures. According to them, some parts are undetailed, but it's not a big problem. There are several well-detailed area.

I think it would be an average, but definitely good WAD. Will you upload it to /idgames? If yes, then I'll try it, cause I hate using Mediafire.

Jesus fucking christ...

Katamori said:

http://www.explosm.net/comics/2295/

I'll check it out, I'm not too hip for Mediafire.

What engine was this made for? Boom, limit removing, zdoom?

Katamori said:

I didn't put it up on idgame yet, because if you play attention to when I threw this onto the forums, it was 1AM, and I wasn't thinking too straight. And I really fail to see how Mediafire can give anyone issues, sure it loads like a tank sometimes, but come on.

darkreaver said:

http://www.explosm.net/comics/2295/

What engine was this made for? Boom, limit removing, zdoom?

Its Boom, I wouldn't be able to make some of the effects without Boom's config.

I agree, this wad looks under-detailed with an emphasis on detail. In summary, it's so average it's definitely good.

In the real world, I'd gladly give it a try, if only my co-op partner was still around... :\

MajorRawne said:

I agree, this wad looks under-detailed with an emphasis on detail. In summary, it's so average it's definitely good.

In the real world, I'd gladly give it a try, if only my co-op partner was still around... :\

Though coop, it can be played single player, its possible.
as for the detail. I didn't want a huge assortment of detailed rooms that look the same, I just wanted a map that felt good and played good.
It's the whole thing of, if there's too much detail, I could very well end up ruining this map.

Mike.Reiner said:

I also avoid the javascript-required file sharing sites, because my browser doesn't have javascript support. It's no great loss anyway, since most files end up on idgames eventually. There is no hurry...

hex11 said:

I also avoid the javascript-required file sharing sites, because my browser doesn't have javascript support. It's no great loss anyway, since most files end up on idgames eventually. There is no hurry...

What doesn't use Javascript anymore? honestly.

I'll try to do a BrutalDoom video walkthrough on HMP skill if it's truly that difficult on UV.

Mr. Chris said:

I'll try to do a BrutalDoom video walkthrough on HMP skill if it's truly that difficult on UV.

Really, HMP is a tad bit more difficult, but its still a small bit of a joke to UV.

Reaku-the-crate said:

What doesn't use Javascript anymore? honestly.

This, is what I use but you'll find lots more if you install a typical Linux distro. Yeah, I have the pig (that's what I call firefox) also, but shy away from it except for stuff like online banking. I don't like the interface and it's sluggish on my old laptop.

Anyway, the screens are nice and reminiscent of old school maps. Looking forward to trying this sometime in the future...

hex11 said:

Yeah, I have the pig (that's what I call firefox) also, but shy away from it except for stuff like online banking. I don't like the interface and it's sluggish on my old laptop.

I love firefox but man 'pig' really does describe it. I don't really notice much since I have a quad core with 4 gigs of ram, but on my netbook it's weight is more apparent.

hex11 said:

Yeah, I have the pig (that's what I call firefox) also, but shy away from it except for stuff like online banking.

chromium? also, firefox 3.6 is indeed slow

FDA, quits after fifteen minutes as I couldn't for the life of me figure where I was supposed to go next.

It seemed fairly cramped even as a SP map, with small spaces and movement blocking sprites scattered around. I can only imagine how it'd play with other players, and with latency.

In a monster closet near the end of the FDA, imps and revenants were fused together.

Edit: looking at it in DB2 I see the last switch I pressed had a "S1 ceiling raise to highest ceiling" action, but the tagged sectors it concerned were high floors rather than low ceilings, so I guess that was the problem.

I fail to see how you're having trouble with that switch, because when I played through, and even just now, it worked just fine, even if it was the wrong command, it still worked, no matter the port I tried.