Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Khorus

Khorus' Speedy Shit - All maps completed, /idgames download available

Finish up Base Ganymede, work on another Doom 2 project I have in the works, get progress down on a Hexen map I've had stewing for awhile and keep chipping away at the Strife project I've been working on and off for a year and a half or so.

Oh and teach myself AutoCAD and finish up my album. Lots to do!

Finishing this in about 2 and a half hours it'd appear! Just got 3 more maps to beat. I've been enjoying this and I just wanted to swing by and say I'm very impressed with the quality you managed to put out in such a little amount of time. Good job!

EDIT: And done! Took a little over the 2.5 hours I was aiming for, but not to worry! Good clean action and lots of fun. Was quite surprised when the maps suddenly stopped all being brown and green (think MAP18 or MAP19 was predominantly grey, then soon after that we went to hell and saw a lot of red and grey turn up). I'd definitely recommend this to most players.

Thanks for the kind words Phobus!

I hadn't thought about how long the wad would take, so that's certainly interesting. I'm surprised I made that much content really.

Nice work pushing out all the maps!

Even though these are technically speed maps, I'd say that the results are much better than a lot of stuff out there that has been done with plenty of time at hands. Congrats on winning the cacoward :)

btw. This will be ran this Thursday at ZDaemon TNS #18.
News post here.

Ah! I am really happy to see that the wad will be play on zd, I would be of course ^^(I believed nevertheless that the wad was not multi compatible, when I read the txt, unless it was about a oldest version).

Worst said:

Nice work pushing out all the maps!

Even though these are technically speed maps, I'd say that the results are much better than a lot of stuff out there that has been done with plenty of time at hands. Congrats on winning the cacoward :)

btw. This will be ran this Thursday at ZDaemon TNS #18.
News post here.

Cool! I hope the multiplayer session goes well. And thanks for the kind words. :)

franckFRAG said:

Ah! I am really happy to see that the wad will be play on zd, I would be of course ^^(I believed nevertheless that the wad was not multi compatible, when I read the txt, unless it was about a oldest version).

Yeah I didn't even place starts in because I just didn't have enough time to balance things out for co-op when I was making the maps. Still, I hope it works out.

DoomHero85 said:

I found a bug. In map 22, the teleport destination for the teleporter in the lower area is gone on easier skills.

Hm, bugger. One of those always seems to pop up.

Hey Khorus,

My DOOM co-op buddy and I want to thank you very much for making this Wad! We've played the entirety in survival-ish co-op with Project Brutality and it was a blast! Simple, but very fun quick maps. Just what we were looking for when I found it and it's been one of our favorite co-op experiences with PB so far. For when you're bored of searching in big maps or don't want massive framedrops (with PB) on slaughter-ish Wads then Speedy Shit is absolutely perfect. It's best described as 'an imperfect perfection'.
Left such a good impression that I even played Speedy Shit again with my brother and he loves it as well. All in all you did a very good job in making these maps so quick, but still "finished".

Here's the co-op playthrough that includes all 30 maps:

In case you made other cool projects like Speedy Shit than please let me know ;)
We salute you!