Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Rizera

Someone make me a Birthday WAD (please, I'm jealous)

I'm REALLY jealous of this thread! That's why I am asking for someone to make me one as a gift as well.

It's coming, the 6th of november.

I know that a lot of people here are very capable of making very good maps in very short periods of time, that's why I am asking for this gift. Anything will do, I just want a good amount of monsters in it.

Thanks a lot in advance!

I would totally do it if I had my computer with me right now. Unless of course you don't mind late birthday presents, then I'll get around to it sometime in mid-November (about the same time as Reverie's release).

Maybe there should just be a primary birthday WAD thread that anyone with a recent/upcoming birthday can request a WAD to be made.

ok. finished. finished enough.

http://www.mediafire.com/?nyjtzohd8rqpo2q

requires: http://essel.spork-chan.net/wasd/cc4-tex-16.zip

plays on map01. midi is from Ristar (greatest genesis game ever). it's tough, and at some points borders on unfair, but it's doable (most likely with saves). i hope ~160 is a good enough amount of monsters for you.

now that it's 3 AM and i've been mapping for 2 and a half hours, i am going to sleep

FDA for Tango's map. That was fun ; incredible to me when I thought it only took one hour and a half. Even in two hours and a half, it's still pretty damn impressing.

My only complaint would be infinitelytall imps on the way back down, but I guess I kind of asked for it when I choose to speed through instead of fighting.

Edit: second attempt. After playing cautiously for a while... I died stupidly. Going faster is sometimes easier, especially when dealing with a rocket launcher and instant monster ambushes. ;)

It's a difficult map, Tango. I haven't beat it yet. Problem: where three(?) arch-viles appear, any of them may kick you out of the playing area, to the waterfall surroundings. A teleporter there would be handy.

Nothing wrong with that. The more different the merrier. As a matter of fact, I thought about trying to max this map and quickly forgot about it, but now your demo gives me motivation to have a go at it again before watching it just so I can see how different or similar our strategies will be. :)

Edit: nevermind, I give up. Too many good attempts ruined by those revenants behind the windows falling down into the lower water floor. Haven't even reached the exit yet!

I 19th the idea, since I'm going to be 19 10 days later.

Sooo... November.wad?

Tango said:

ok. finished. finished enough.

http://www.mediafire.com/?nyjtzohd8rqpo2q

requires: http://essel.spork-chan.net/wasd/cc4-tex-16.zip

plays on map01. midi is from Ristar (greatest genesis game ever). it's tough, and at some points borders on unfair, but it's doable (most likely with saves). i hope ~160 is a good enough amount of monsters for you.

now that it's 3 AM and i've been mapping for 2 and a half hours, i am going to sleep

Tango, thanks a lot! I love my birthday gift! :D

I'm not posting my FDA since I failed miserably at the three Archies area near the Rocket Launcher, but I might max and/or UV Speed it in a while :D

Also, I like the idea of November.wad.

so nice to see so many demos already :D

i watched all of them. shame you recorded so many before i fixed some of the stuff you all brought up :p i realized about the archie jump out the window as i was making the map but forgot to go back and fix it 9_9

So on my first attempt, I somehow missed the SSG and spent the remainder of the run (until I died at the second group of archies) cursing the shell boxes and trying to tyson my way though it.

valkiriforce said:

Well, it looks like I made it just in time after all. Happy Birthday 1ntru!

Oh my god, ahahhaha. Thanks a lot, Valk!!! You really made a Doomer happy. The ending was so cool I was speechless! Sad thing I can't record demos right now as I got no mouse here with me and I suck way too much on the keyboard to beat your map on it. I promise I will do it soon. I loved it :)

Tango said:

here, have an updated t-1ntru!

http://www.mediafire.com/?06c3ypf57lm1lhb

changes include some visual tidbits, slightly revised final battle, etc.

Wow, map looks even more beautiful now. And a little bit harder as well. Did you guys knew I liked challenging levels? Because you surely made some hard ones!

Thanks a lot guys. You made a Doomer happy on his Birthday! :)))

I just played this and it's a great map! You nailed Andy's style and captured the feeling that his maps have over here, and you even captured the look of his auto maps haha. And gameplay wise this was a fun challenge, gj, and thanks! :)