Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
printz

maps with Cyberdemon Guards and/or Arachnophytes??

The Eternity total conversion was going to replace the iconic Doom bosses like this: the Cyberdemon would become a Cyberdemon Guard, sporting a halberd besides his arm-cannon, with a probably fitting melee attack. The Spider Mastermind would trade much of its legs and hitpoints for flight and 0% pain chance. It would be more practical and act like a deadlier Arachnotron, and be called Arachnophyte. Note that I like Quasar's version from the Monster Resource Wad more than Xaser's modified version from the Bestiary, which has pain chances again and looks too different from the Mastermind.

Anyway, is there any WAD that successfully (not in a random or kitschy shitfest) uses these monsters without using other custom resources (only vanilla monsters besides said ones)? I'd sure like to see Arachnophytes put to good use, because they're interesting: less health than a Mancubus but still quite deadly. Or even Cyberdemon Guards, for that matter.

I admit I also posted this because I like when Quasar makes a reply.

This is similar to something I was asking in another thread, about better ways to use the boss monsters, especially the Spider Demon. Problem is, if you lower their health, you turn an epic lord of hell into a guard dog. The Cyber with a close combat attack sounds excellent. Is there a way to make the Cyber simply crush the player on contact?

O_o

How the - ?

If this could be done with that rocket-launcherless Cyberdemon from Realm667, and I could speed the monster up slightly and make it immune to Pain, that would utterly complete a project I'm working on...

printz said:

Anyway, is there any WAD that successfully (not in a random or kitschy shitfest) uses these monsters without using other custom resources (only vanilla monsters besides said ones)?

None that I know of. The closest I think would be Eternal Doom 4: Return From Oblivion, but there are other monsters as well. (Including an old version of the Hell Warrior, without the lion head.)