Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Deeforce

Sonic Generations (also for computer) -> best Sonic 3D?

DoomUK said:

Nope. But it appears to be Digitally distributed only on PC. It's unusual, but there you go.

Codemasters did the same thing with the PC version of DiRT 3, but Codemasters can go fuck 'emselves.

As far as Generations goes, if it's as good as it's being made out to be, all well and good, but frankly I'm past the point of caring. It almost felt as if Sonic Team were deliberately trying to wind us up with Sonic 4 - IMO they did everything right, and then destroyed it with controls that were completely counter-intuitive to anyone who'd ever played any of the originals. If they do bother with Ep2, I really hope they sort that aspect out. Can't see it though.

I'll save my broader Sega rant for another time.

I think I'll wait a bit and see the general consensus of whether this one really breaks the Sonic cycle or not :P

Also, what's wrong with Sonic 4's controls? I've never played it, but I have a hard time imagining how you can non-deliberately go ruining Sonic's controls. You have a d-pad/stick and jump buttons... what more is there to it?

chungy said:

I think I'll wait a bit and see the general consensus of whether this one really breaks the Sonic cycle or not :P

Honestly, I don't think the cycle ever really existed, as the only truly horrible Sonic game was Sonic 2006.
Sonic Unleashed wasn't bad, just stupidly drawn out/lengthened, and Sonic Colours was actually quite fun.

chungy said:

Also, what's wrong with Sonic 4's controls? I've never played it, but I have a hard time imagining how you can non-deliberately go ruining Sonic's controls. You have a d-pad/stick and jump buttons... what more is there to it?

While there is a lot more to it, one of the major issues is that Sonic would lose all of his momentum in the air if you stopped pressing a direction.

DoomUK said:

But it appears to be Digitally distributed only on PC. It's unusual, but there you go.

On www.amazon.DE and on other german websites they say this:

"Sonic Generations appears next Friday, November 4th for Xbox 360 and Playstation 3. Versions for PC and Nintendo 3DS follow on 25 November."

So... not only for download and in the USA I think we should wait until november 25th too.

chungy said:

Though not as horrible as some of the whiners would have you believe, there is something off about the acceleration, and the momentum when jumping. Since your brain is seeing a Sonic game it expects the movements to be a certain way, and they're not. It took me about an hour to adjust, really. Not a bad game, a bit easy.

Deeforce said:

So... not only for download and in the USA I think we should wait until november 25th too.

Not quite. It's getting a disk release in Europe but not in the US.