Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

But the US and Nato say they are intended to protect against attacks from Iran or North Korea.

Let me see, when was the last time I felt intimidated by either of them? Hmm.... OH YEAH IRAN WON'T SELL US OIL HAVE AT THEM! Oh wait...WE imposed the embargo? WELL HAVE AT THEM ANYWAY! What? We imposed the embargo and we're too poor for them to want to do business with us? I DON'T CARE HAVE AT THEM ANYWAY!

(How am I doing, my uber and omni-potent Amerikkkan ZOG overlords? Am I a good pupil or what?)

K!r4 said:

It's so retarded it can't be legit.

Yeah, reading a topic on WW3 isn't really good for someone with paranoia generalized anxiety disorder.

chopkinsca said:

Yeah, reading a topic on WW3 isn't really good for someone with paranoia generalized anxiety disorder.

Reading propaganda masquerading as "news" from state-run media outlets isn't good for your mental health either.

GreyGhost said:

Reading propaganda masquerading as "news" from state-run media outlets isn't good for your mental health either.

Whenever PressTV has an article about what happened to the Armenians, they always say the alleged genocide.

Also, they never mention they horrific treatment of the Bahá'ís in their own country (duh and double duh). As far as I'm concerned, the Savak never ceased to exist, they only changed the fucking name.

The Iranians are psychotics and need to get their asses kicked for their medieval ways.

I didn't read the fine article, but Israel has one of the largest nuclear arsenals after the US and Russia. But hey, they're our friends... right?

Just like Saddam was when Iran was (still) the most heinously evil state in the world.

Or OBL was when he was wasting Hinds with stinger rockets.

Or Pakistan was when India was one of the poorest countries in the world and a Soviet client.

I could go on and on.

What's WTF isn't the fact that they have nuclear weapons. It's that the article explicitly says that these rockets are mostly pointing at European capitals (for fun) in case Israel falls.

What's the point, seriously?

Everyone's got nukes aimed at everyone. I don't really find that such a fantastic concept.

As long as the nuclear club exist, I will stay out of the compact mega cities. I have a friend in Montana and there are not just missile silos there, but they have a secret BSL-4 (Bio safety level four) lab in their state too.

Nuclear Armageddon might happen some day, but the idea of germ warfare scare the piss out of me even more thinking about it.

Mr. T said:

Everyone's got nukes aimed at everyone. I don't really find that such a fantastic concept.

Yeah, but you should really read this article because it correlates this with a will to destroy everyone once the regime is dead, no matter how.

Perhaps is it less shocking if I'd think about fanatism, but still: it's effing too dumb to be true IMHO (or I have an optimistic point of view on humankind).

Well, there is a (true) story that gave me a little bit of faith in mankind:

In the 80's Russia's version of Skynet detected incoming nukes being fired from the US. The "correct" thing to do would have been to shoot back and turn the world into a big pile of dust.

But the commander with his hand on the metaphorical big red button couldn't bring himself to do it. It turned out the computer was in error; unfortunately for the man who saved the human race, his job was to shoot nukes, not avert a nuclear apocalypse. So he got demoted to cleaning toilets and pouring shots of vodka, I guess.

...and Skynet patiently waits...

K!r4 said:

Yeah, but you should really read this article because it correlates this with a will to destroy everyone once the regime is dead, no matter how.

I'm once again reminded of this old game, where losing players launch a final strike at each of the survivors.

Mr. T said:

Well, there is a (true) story that gave me a little bit of faith in mankind:

In the 80's Russia's version of Skynet detected incoming nukes being fired from the US. The "correct" thing to do would have been to shoot back and turn the world into a big pile of dust.

But the commander with his hand on the metaphorical big red button couldn't bring himself to do it. It turned out the computer was in error; unfortunately for the man who saved the human race, his job was to shoot nukes, not avert a nuclear apocalypse. So he got demoted to cleaning toilets and pouring shots of vodka, I guess.

...and Skynet patiently waits...

That would be Stanislav Petrov. His job wasn't to launch nukes. Nobody gets to make that call on their own -- not even in Soviet Russia.

MRB_Doom said:

Not only that Francois Hollande wants to strengthen relationships with the the BRIC countries and would like to see an end to the world using the US Dollar as the reserve currency. I can't say if that would be a bad thing. It would certainly limit the U.S. governments power, but it would cause a lot of short or long term pain here economically.

Satyr000 said:

Not only that Francois Hollande wants to strengthen relationships with the the BRIC countries and would like to see an end to the world using the US Dollar as the reserve currency. I can't say if that would be a bad thing. It would certainly limit the U.S. governments power, but it would cause a lot of short or long term pain here economically.

Saddam Hussein started trading with the Euro instead of the U.S. dollar and that poor bastard got hanged for that.

The central bank in Libya before the revolution there was not a part of the international cartel. As always, the oligarchs got fed (pun intended) up with him and he got sodomized with a large knife.

MRB_Doom said:

The central bank in Libya before the revolution there was not a part of the international cartel. As always, the oligarchs got fed (pun intended) up with him and he got sodomized with a large knife.

Not to mention Gaddafi was working on a gold Dinar and a gold for oil program. Some of the other OPEC countries wanted in on this also.