Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Lila Feuer

Removing/Replacing the SSG using DeHackEd?

Does anyone have a simple DeHacked that can remove the SSG from D2 games and/or replace it with the regular shotgun?

I know I could just hit 3 and select the regular one but it bugs me knowing the other one is readily available. Also in a map/set that has the SSG placed and no other means to grab the standard one right away or period.

This idea goes back to a thread I started and got buried somewhere about neglecting use of the SSG in D2 games to either increase the challenge or simply neglect the fact the SSG even existed at all. If anyone has such a DEH file I'd appreciate it.

Given the way Doom handles pickups, just replacing the name part of the SSG pickup sprite with that of the shotgun pickup sprite might be enough...

Patch File for DeHackEd v3.0

# Note: Use the pound sign ('#') to start comment lines.

Doom version = 19
Patch format = 6

Thing 79 (Super Shotgun)
Bits = 8
Makes the SSG invisible and unable to be picked up.

Grazza's suggestion works, though I would of liked to make the SSG into a shotgun (Gez's did not work it just changed the graphic of the regular shotgun's pickup to the SSG and the SSG still worked when acquired, tested in Chocolate Doom) due to any maps that may be SSG-centric. Nevertheless this is still very cool so this will work, thanks.

Cyanosis said:

(Gez's did not work it just changed the graphic of the regular shotgun's pickup to the SSG and the SSG still worked when acquired, tested in Chocolate Doom)

That's because you did it backwards. Change the SSG pickup to display SHOTA0.

*Bump*

Could someone throw this together and upload it somewhere? I can't get any DEH utilities to work on these computers.

Patch File for DeHackEd v3.0
Doom version = 21
Patch format = 6

Thing 79 (Super Shotgun)
Initial frame = 884

Weapon 8 (Super-Shotgun)
Deselect frame = 20
Select frame = 19
Bobbing frame = 18
Shooting frame = 21
Firing frame = 30
Ammo Use = 1
More thorough approach, replacing SSG with shotgun. Copy it to a patch file and have fun. Someone tell me which ports it doesn't work on. :p

What about changing the pickup to shotgun instead of blanking it out completely?

EarthQuake's is perfect. Not sure why you set the version to 21, but I set it 19 and it works great. Thank you for that. Tested in Chocolate Doom.