Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Stupid

Original Doom game

Hey people!

Any idea where I can buy original Doom game for PC sealed in the original box? Not the shareware, but the full version? The box condition is very importand. Any thoughts would be appreciated. Any places specialize on “vintage” software?

Thanks!

Any idea where I can buy original Doom game for PC sealed in the original box?

GOOD.

I don't think it can be found anywhere else except idsofware.com or ebay unless you're EXTREMELY lucky.

That is if you're not talking about Ultimate Doom.

did doom1 ever come on a plain ol red cd with a silver doom logo on it? cause it's my goal in life to find it, I know I saw it at a friends before, but I think that might have been doom2.

As far as I know, original DOOM was shareware sold. IOW, the only way to buy it was to register the shareware (from a set of floppies). DOOM ][ was the first retail sold game that id released.

shit no wonder I alweys find "doom1 shareware cd"'s on ebay. I wish I could see the case open to see what the cd looked like, maybe I'd buy it then.

hmm, was there a V1.0 doom1 shareware on a cd, cause all that I can find is 1.666

I know my now 25 year old cousin in Canada hhad it on floppies when I was there in '94. He showed me all the shit, and I was majorly impressed at the time, heh.

Go try ebay, go try a google, try idsoftware thesmelves.

If no joy download everything in the /historic folder at 3darchives, which is at least a bit of nastalgia... without the box.

I just saw the other pack Lut said was impossible to find for 5 bucks. hmm

is that a trick to get me away from the forums so you can dominate them while I'm away?

DAMN!

oh he's good, but is he good enough? I SMELL TEH FEAR IN YOUR FUR, MOOSE!

bah, took you 30 secs at the most. I lost more time when I went for my piss.

bah, loading up IE, going on ebay, searching for doom, going through pages to find the only one, and posting it here takes more than 30 seconds on a 56k!

the depths of doom, I know Lut was looking his ass off for it a while ago, too bad he isn't here to get it or something.

I need to ask this again cause it got lost in the spam above: did DOOM1 V1.666 FULL VERSION ever come on a cd? I know I found a shareware version of it and I don't know if ishould buy it?

That auction on EBay specificaly says: "No box is included with this auction". I need the box.

try looking for one with the box... chances of finding it are hard though. I personally just was a CD of Doom1 V1.666 hopefully fullversion. I only found the shareware and I don't think a fullversion exists so I'm gonna buy it. =P

Heh I didn't think I'd ever find a copy of DOOM. Then one day I stumbled upon it in a bookstore.

only version I have of Doom is the one that came in ID Anthology, which I got before I even had a PC :)

only version I have of Doom is the one that came in ID Anthology, which I got before I even had a PC :)

I have the UDOOM original.

did doom1 ever come on a plain ol red cd with a silver doom logo on it? cause it's my goal in life to find it, I know I saw it at a friends before, but I think that might have been doom2.

The shareware CD I had was silver with a red logo....

The shareware CD I had was silver with a red logo....

could you scan it?

shit, maybe it was like that... I don't remember, the weed stole those memories away.

shit, maybe it was like that... I don't remember, the weed stole those memories away.

and you want us to drink your w33d tea? no thanks.