Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Janizdreg

Impressive Doom fanart by AzakaChi-RD-17

In the recent Doomguy vs. Master Chief fight video I noticed an impressive Doom fanart work seen here:

The piece was made by a guy on deviantART using the non-catchy nickname AzakaChi-RD-17. Turns out he has made more Doom stuff since then, my absolute favorite shown below:

Another two pieces he has made include another stylish Baron depiction plus one featuring a Cacodemon, which I didn't fancy as much.

kristus said:

Somewhat expressive, but hardly impressive.

Do you perhaps want to further specify what you find lacking in these? Personally I'd love to hear a more detailed critical analysis on them from another artist. Especially as a pure amateur I find these pretty mesmerizing myself.

Janizdreg said:

Do you perhaps want to further specify what you find lacking in these? Personally I'd love to hear a more detailed critical analysis on them from another artist. Especially as a pure amateur I find these pretty mesmerizing myself.

That guy is just trolling.
I think the Baron is almost sick of interpretation.
It's like those 30's oiln-paintings of some rich Baron living in his manor. Just it's all Doom and it's a Hellbaron, smoking a pipe with another "paintint" behind him, showing the place hes coming from- Hell.

It's stupid, it's funny, it's scary! and extremely epic

Has anyone ever seen the movie The Haunting (1999) this movie just somehow reminds of those old manors and the hellbaron painting.

The movie got extremely low critics, but the effects are pretty awesome. I've always loved that movie.

BuddhaMaster said:

smoking a pipe with another "paintint" behind him, showing the place hes coming from- Hell.

The pinkish gradient glow suggests to me that the view of Hell is intended to be through a window, rather than in a painting.

Sweet stuff. I think the Marine is the best done of the lot, but that Baron in dress attire is pretty snazzy too.

Janizdreg said:

They are detailed. But anatomy, shortenings, angles and depth is lacking, making for a flat appearance and that is a lot more important than details.

For instance, the right arm on the baron is supposed to be folding in behind it's back. But it actually looks more like it's been amputated by the elbow.

It`s a cool idea, the BARON of Hell, but I don`t think it`s very impressive. Extremely generic "wacom + photoshop" picture.

whoops, that was quite a bump. Not much activity in this sub-forum, apparantly.