Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Memfis

Doom Town (beta)

I really liked it. The start was certainly the most difficult part, a run in with a chaingunner left me with 18 health. Managed to finish the map though on first start. :)

My only comment is that the outdoor light level might be a bit low considering the brightness of the sky.

I hope you make more!

FDA: http://www.mediafire.com/?rh6s5whe3blwcpg

It was a fun little map. I'm not personally to keen on city themed maps but it was just the right amount of "realistic" detailing. It didn't feel over the top. I couldn't figure out how to get the berserk pack though. The plant that's blocking the way to that green/wood door guarded by a chaingunner was pretty odd though.

Was it a speed map?

Thank you! No, it is not a speed map, I'm not that good. :)

but it was just the right amount of "realistic" detailing. It didn't feel over the top.

Glad to hear! That's exactly what i wanted to achieve.

I couldn't figure out how to get the berserk pack though.

It is accessible only with SR50.

The plant that's blocking the way to that green/wood door guarded by a chaingunner was pretty odd though.

Well, I like it. Reminds me of level design in Wolf3D. :)

Played this on HMP and I didn't find it too bad, made it in one life. Pretty enjoyable overall I'd say, looking forward to the next levels.

I Tried it on hurt me plenty, i liked a challenge, but then i kept dying form some reason ** so i used IDDQD and when i got to the maze it just froze, then i tried again it still froze, is that me or is it a bug?

I liked it.

I did notice though that on all difficulty levels, there were 86 monsters and 44 items. Does this mean that difficulty levels are not variably set ?

I would have had sector 57 flagged secret and instead of a berserk at said sector ( which I feel is not needed ), a DB shotty would have been better.

I'm not a fan of displayed items that can not be picked up, sectors 306, 289 and 290, unless jumping is allowed. ( or am I missing something ? )

Yeah, I usually don't care much about difficulty levels. Maybe I'll make some quick changes later.

I don't want to mark sector 57 as secret because it requires SR50 to reach, and not everybody uses SR50. So it is a "super secret" or something. (like the BFG in Scythe 2 map04) It's a dumb secret anyway (no new areas to explore or anything), maybe I should just remove it.

Some items are just decorations, yes. I don't think anything is wrong with that. Come on, it is a shop, leave something for others. :)

I Tried it on hurt me plenty, i liked a challenge, but then i kept dying form some reason ** so i used IDDQD and when i got to the maze it just froze, then i tried again it still froze, is that me or is it a bug?

No idea... What port did you play with?