Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Katamori

Boom-compatible changeable teleport

I'd like to make, or at least to know, how to make a teleport in Boom format, which has more destination and you can change them. For example: there is the teleport which sends you to place A, but after hitting a switch, it sends you to place B.

As I remember, I have seen something similar in Eternal Doom's Time Gate II level.

Katamori said:

I'd like to make, or at least to know, how to make a teleport in Boom format, which has more destination and you can change them. For example: there is the teleport which sends you to place A, but after hitting a switch, it sends you to place B.

As I remember, I have seen something similar in Eternal Doom's Time Gate II level.

One thing that comes to mind is using an intermediate destination with 2 teleporters there to A and B, and moving intermediate destination by current (needs transfer heights).

In Boom, you can make the teleport destination thing (TDT) pushable by conveyor belt by editing its properties (deh or bex format). Specifically, by giving it a (dummy) spawnstate. By scrolling floor you can push the TDT from one sector to another. Using Boom's silent line-to-line teleport you can also teleport the TDT there directly.

Although your teleporter now has multiple target sectors tagged, it will only teleport the player to that tagged sector which also has the TDT.

TimeOfDeath said:

That eternal doom map uses a bunch of walkover-once teleport lines placed one after the other.

W..Wait, you are using TimeOfDeath account again? Why?

TimeOfDeath said:

That eternal doom map uses a bunch of walkover-once teleport lines placed one after the other.

I see. Since I asked this question, I watched that.