Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mattfrie1

PSX Doom/Final Doom TC (Legacy TC, See first post for details)

Hmm I see, I apply all that and it still refuses to draw the hudbar texture here is what I got to see if I have anything wrong

SBARINFO.txt

StatusBar Normal
{
	DrawImage "PSXHUDBAR", 0, 168;
}
TEXTURES.txt
Graphic PSXHUDBAR, 256, 40
{
	XScale 0.8
	YScale 0.96
        Patch HUDBAR, 0, 0
}
Was forced to use Patch cause Zandronum only supports Patch and nothing else it seems

Texture names have to be 8 characters long or less. So make it PSHUDBAR instead.

I don't see why you'd want to use ACS, the SBARINFO method still works perfectly fine and lets you change screenblocks.

Text looks a bit thin but otherwise looks good.

Looks like you didn't implement the frags counter, though.

MG_Man said:

Text looks a bit thin but otherwise looks good.

Yeah the text still uses the old scale cause I don't know how to edit fonts in Doom

Anyway, I suggest removing things like the Williams cutscene to cut down on filesize. You're not going to see that when you join a multiplayer game anyways.

Hmm, I'm unsure how to edit the mainmenu aswell, tried to fix up the the fonts for the Episodes list to stop overlapping and couldn't really get it to work

Serious error on MAP42 (The Factory).

There's an issue with a switch which makes the level impossible to complete.

After clearing out the southern most building of imps and a caco, the teleporter takes you to the imp ambush in the center of the middle building. Surviving this, you just flip the switch, get the soulsphere and move on. But the switch doesn't work and your stuck there unless you noclip.

BlueFireZ88 said:

Serious error on MAP42 (The Factory).

There's an issue with a switch which makes the level impossible to complete.

After clearing out the southern most building of imps and a caco, the teleporter takes you to the imp ambush in the center of the middle building. Surviving this, you just flip the switch, get the soulsphere and move on. But the switch doesn't work and your stuck there unless you noclip.

Glad I ain't the only one that's had this problem.

MG_Man said:

Anyway, I suggest removing things like the Williams cutscene to cut down on filesize. You're not going to see that when you join a multiplayer game anyways.

A lot of people will not be playing this in multiplayer, and to keep it authentic to the PSX version I think the cutscenes should definitely stay.

Can understand they are not to everyones taste though, perhaps a download without them included for people who would not prefer them like the psx startup, or simple instructions to remove them from the main download if possible?

francis247uk said:

A lot of people will not be playing this in multiplayer, and to keep it authentic to the PSX version I think the cutscenes should definitely stay.

Can understand they are not to everyones taste though, perhaps a download without them included for people who would not prefer them like the psx startup, or simple instructions to remove them from the main download if possible?

He's not talking about this version. He is talking about my Zandronum port which everyone plays only multiplayer on

ForrestMarkX if you want to loose the williams intro here is new title map for your Zandronum port that removes it.

http://www.mediafire.com/?o802zu5c68l963c

You can then delete all the WIL000XX.PNG images in the graphics folder to save 15MB.

why not use the PSXTCMUS.pk3 for music then you can remove all the ogg files too. Just make a bat file and copy this into it:

@ECHO OFF
IF EXIST PSXDOOM.CFG GOTO RUN
ECHO PULLIN "PSXDOOMZandro.PK3">PSXDOOM.CFG
ECHO PULLIN "PSXTCMUS.PK3">>PSXDOOM.CFG
:RUN
START zandronum.exe +EXEC PSXDOOM.CFG -CONFIG

Your PSXDOOMZandro_v1.5.PK3 ends up only 9.62MB

i dont know if this is happening for anyone else but its not letting me download the music. i can download everything else just fine but the music...is there a secondary link to which i can download it or am i screwed?

I updated the files on my MediaFire account so they are all zipped now. Hopefully they won't get blocked again.

The worst thing about updating versions: I have to dick around with the pk3 again so my Aubrey soundtrack will play

I wish I could get the smother weapons sprites wad to work with this version like with the original psxdoom version.

Avoozl said:

I wish I could get the smother weapons sprites wad to work with this version like with the original psxdoom version.

I don't think it'd be that hard to get working, you just need to adapt them to the minor timing changes in the TC.

Map52 (The Abandoned Mines) has an issue in it's secret area. The elevator (the high ledge which can be seen from the first room), doesn't go down when you open the door to access it after activating the switch which brings the floor down.

No offense, but hasn't this game been play tested for 100% all the way through? At this point I'm practically expecting for something to go wrong in the Final Doom levels.

UPDATE:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/ie5tjc58u5wxyff/MAP52.WAD

I fixed the problem myself, I used the original Abandon Mines map in PC Doom 2 as a guide to fix it. I'm not sure how accurate it is to the PSX version, but hopefully it's dead on.