Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mattfrie1

PSX Doom/Final Doom TC (Legacy TC, See first post for details)

Let me guess - McAfee? If you want to purge your system of all homebrew software, McAfee is great, but if you actually want to protect your system from malicious code, look elsewhere.

Anyway, it would appear that PSXLOST.pk3 is playing havoc with the main mod. I don't really want to use LOSTMIX.pk3 as I prefer to play those maps as a separate episode, but I've been constantly getting a "no player class defined" error and even when I do get it to load, none of the weapons are selectable.

Have you tried to load just the Lost Levels on it's own, I believe in the gameinfo or something that it will automatically detect the main TC and the soundtrack.

Is anybody else getting 'music "d_title" not found' on the title screen? I have PSXTCMUS.PK3 right there in the folder along with everything else!?

Fixed it? Corrupt download possibly. That was weird.

Things are becoming very difficult to keep up a myriad of micro-patches; could a new version be rolled to bring a clear picture to the download situation? An option that includes the music and lost-levels already would be a great help.

Edited by Kroc : problem... solved?

Now playing through, and this project is outstanding. An incredible piece of collaboration and a quality product well worth playing by any DOOM fan.

I've found another bug in LOSTMIX.PK3 (I'm trying to build an up-to-date version of it):

This hasn't been mentioned before, but MAP60 "Fear" (also present as LOST64, but unused -- are they identical??) occurs twice as a secret level and creates an infinite loop of levels! This is how the bug appears in the code: (notice the MAP25 > MAP60 > MAP29 > MAP57 > MAP26 > MAP27 > MAP60 ... chain)

Map MAP25 Lookup "HUSTR_25"
{
    Music = "$MAPMUS_25"
    Next = "MAP26"
    SecretNext = "MAP60"
}
        Map MAP60 Lookup "HUSTR_60"
        {
            Music = "$MAPMUS_60"
            Sky1 = "SKY07"
            Next = "MAP29"
        }
        Map MAP29 Lookup "HUSTR_29"
        {
            Music = "$MAPMUS_29"
            Next = "MAP26"
            SecretNext = "MAP57"
        }
                Map MAP57 Lookup "HUSTR_57"
                {
                    Music = "$MAPMUS_57"
                    Sky1 = "SKY04"
                    Next = "MAP26"
                }
Map MAP26 Lookup "HUSTR_26"
{
    Music = "$MAPMUS_26"
    Next = "MAP27"
}
Map MAP27 Lookup "HUSTR_27"
{
    Music = "$MAPMUS_27"
    Next = "LOST03"
    SecretNext = "MAP60"
}

Any suggestions on how this should be resolved?

AFAIK the two "Fear" maps are different. The one in MAP60 has no real reason to exist. 

Ok having played through to this point it's clear that MAP27 "Unruly Evil" doesn't have a secret exit and the entry there is a mistake from some earlier changes.

Attached is a completely up-to-date LOSTMIX.PK3 (remove .zip from the extension) that includes all fixes mentioned in this thread, including the MAP23 fix that was mentioned but had not been included thus far.

LOSTMIX.PK3.ZIP

Been having a few strange issues with making the mod fully work (including Lost Levels and a third mod that allows everything to be played in order).  To start, the launcher and customizer both work on my laptop running Win10.

photo_2017-09-16_11-22-00.jpg

However, my desktop running the same OS seems to give me a crash window from both programs.

photo_2017-09-16_11-21-57.jpg

On top of that, when loading all the requisite mods (not including levelorder.pk3), I get an error saying the song PSXMUS01 wasn't found (or even the title.

PSXTC-Screencap.thumb.png.def2ac157d02b4153fe87d15c0efd46f.png

Is there a certain way in the config file I can load these mod files for everything to work?  The level order and Smooth PS1 DooM mods also being included in the config would be nice as a bonus, but not needed.

Hi everyone. I haven't logged into Doomworld for ages and am behind on the progress of this TC. Does the TC now incorporate slower turning and movement speeds for the player, and any kind of emulation for the grittier, lower-res graphics with lower frame rates of the PSX? This is where the TC used to "fall down" - it's like watching a tribute performance for an 80s hair metal band where the band has short hair and wears business suits. Try watching a genuine PSX map followed by a PSX TC map.

Don't be offended by this feedback, the PSX TC is an amazing feat, I just go by the old mantra "in for a penny, in for a pound".

Lower your resolution, don't use your mouse, cap your fps and enable colored lighting.

How come no one has still said anything about the vertically-squished weapons? I mean, I know the sprites in the original game are rendered vertically-squished, but the output aspect ratio should match the correct ratio used in PC Doom. Just see examples:

Original PSX Doom played in an actual CRT TV:

https://i.imgur.com/jP4biig.jpg

Exact same area played in GZDoom g3.1.0 without any Aspect Ratio forcing:

https://i.imgur.com/6zGLCJc.png

I guess I can fix that if nobody objects, but that'll mean some pixels may be lost in the transition and that will mean this TC won't be as true to the original game. But those are just details. Meanwhile, I made changes to PSXDOOM.CFG because the CVar "secretmessage" no longer exists, and instead, added "cl_showsecretmessage" which is set to False by default. Also removed the "con_scaletext" CVar from there because it's annoying for people like me who like to scale text to values higher than 1.

If nobody minds, I guess I'll make a patch for the "blinking" keycards on the status bar whenever the player tries to activate a key-locked line (door, switch, etc).

PSXDOOMCFG.zip

2 hours ago, hfc2x said:

If nobody minds, I guess I'll make a patch for the "blinking" keycards on the status bar whenever the player tries to activate a key-locked line (door, switch, etc).

A-WE-SO-ME.

P.S.: Don't know about weapon patching, I remember that there is the way to fix this by XY scaling in Decorate? [Possibly I'm wrong]

4 hours ago, hfc2x said:

How would one do this? I still need to do this in my Doom 64 TC but I have no idea how to accomplish it. I thought about a script that would flash that icon on the screen when using the door using HudMessage but then I'd have to write scripts for every locked door in the game to check for the key first and then do the flashing. I'd love a solution that works without needing to futz with maps.

20 hours ago, DeXiaZ said:

A-WE-SO-ME.

P.S.: Don't know about weapon patching, I remember that there is the way to fix this by XY scaling in Decorate? [Possibly I'm wrong]

You can't scale first-person perspective weapon sprites through DECORATE. That would only apply to the pickup sprites, so the scaling has to be done through TEXTURES.

18 hours ago, Nevander said:

How would one do this? I still need to do this in my Doom 64 TC but I have no idea how to accomplish it. I thought about a script that would flash that icon on the screen when using the door using HudMessage but then I'd have to write scripts for every locked door in the game to check for the key first and then do the flashing. I'd love a solution that works without needing to futz with maps.

It can be done with ZScript, by replacing the line specials at level load.

Okay, so I've done a couple of fixes, which include correcting the weapon aspect ratios, and also adding some missing actors in PSXHUDAR1.pk3 which were causing the final Cast Call to loop out of control:

https://mega.nz/#!nIZ03T6Y!R4e7YbhqCrBj4AUXIsg-5DpSKONRoTPQvjhZ4OEg5T0

I'm curious. Has anyone done a PSXTCMUS.PK3 with the 20th anniversary soundtrack Aubrey Hodges released?

I think that such soundtrack pack is illegal, because the 20th anniversary soundtrack cost some money. It is supposed to be packed by people themselves (who bought this soundtrack)

Uh I'm pretty sure Aubrey is cool with us using his work in our projects as long as we credit him.  It's practically illegal to remake PSX Doom on the PC to begin with (likewise with Doom 64).

Speaking of which, I am still eagerly awaiting the 20th Anniversary Doom 64 soundtrack. I sure hope everything is going good for Aubrey since it's been a while.

Love this TC, very accurate conversion from the psx original. My only real complaint and it's minor, but the secret exit from perfect hatred shouldn't exist if you're going for full on authenticity. Fear should only be accessed via the lost levels pack.

There are mods which allow both the TC and Lost Levels to be played at the same time in order though.

On 3.10.2017 at 11:00 PM, Nevander said:

Speaking of which, I am still eagerly awaiting the 20th Anniversary Doom 64 soundtrack. I sure hope everything is going good for Aubrey since it's been a while.

I'm really confused, but were Overloaded, Tainted Brood and Breaking Point added to the bandcamp page long time ago or just recently?

The link on the OP to ScottGrey's thread (where the downloads are) is now broken.

What with the Lost Levels add-on, and all the fixes spread across the pages in this thread, there really needs to be a new release! :(

for info, PSXDOOMTC.exe doesn't launch psxdoom correctly with gz v3.2.1 (3.2.0 is ok).

On 14/10/2017 at 5:52 PM, Kroc said:

The link on the OP to ScottGrey's thread (where the downloads are) is now broken.

What with the Lost Levels add-on, and all the fixes spread across the pages in this thread, there really needs to be a new release! :(

+1 This is a great idea, hopefully the keycard fix, weapon aspect ratios and missing actor fixes that hfc2x created could be fully incorporated instead of patched in as well.

It would be nice to have an updated collection collated into one post.  Perhaps Ling or someone could sticky it so that it always easily found?