Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mattfrie1

PSX Doom/Final Doom TC (Legacy TC, See first post for details)

Does anyone have all these files compiled into just a pk3 or two, that one can load as they please? I don't want to have to set up a seperate GZDoom install just for playing the TC. 

21 hours ago, NEANDERTHAL said:

Does anyone have all these files compiled into just a pk3 or two, that one can load as they please? I don't want to have to set up a seperate GZDoom install just for playing the TC. 

If you want 'easy to run', then I have created a PortaDOOM version of PSX TC -- it's a pre-configured, ready-to-run portable DOOM package. Just download "PortaDOOM_PSXDOOMTC.7z" from here: https://spideroak.com/browse/share/Kroc/PortaDOOM/releases/

On 10/4/2017 at 5:34 AM, sdk2k9 said:

I'm curious. Has anyone done a PSXTCMUS.PK3 with the 20th anniversary soundtrack Aubrey Hodges released?

I have a PK3 that replaces the soundtrack ready to go from right before the music system was changed, was going to release a set of three varieties. The update kinda shot it in the foot though, and with my computer dead, havent had much reason to look into how stuff is done now. Eris Falling tested it out for me even

15 hours ago, Kroc said:

If you want 'easy to run', then I have created a PortaDOOM version of PSX TC -- it's a pre-configured, ready-to-run portable DOOM package.

hello Kroc,

You should specify in your readme that the images were compressed (pnggauntlet, advpng, pngout?) and that the sounds and musics were impoverished but that it makes no difference. I compared all the crc32 to see it. Your intention is good (and I thank you) but I prefer to avoid the confusion with the official files (already that there are many ^ ^). imho ;-)

sorry for my bad english^^

Edited by pmc2

I am trying to edit the difficulty settings so that monsters do not infight. With vanilla Doom, I just add 'noinfighting' to the skill definitions in MAPINFO, but here, it does not seem to work. I can still play, but monsters still infight and I get the error message at startup:

script error, "PSXDOOM.pk3:zmapinfo.txt" line 69:

Unknown property 'noinfighting' found in skill definition

I am currently playing the mod with GZDoom 1.8.6.

Also, I want to replace Spectres with Nightmare Spectres on Nightmare! difficulty. However, even after adding the 'replaceactor =' line to the skill definition, I still encounter normal Spectres. What gives?

Edited by JohnnyTheWolf

3 hours ago, JohnnyTheWolf said:

I am currently playing the mod with GZDoom 1.8.6.

Umm... why? Is your system old? Do you mean Zandronum 3.0? Are you running a port of GZDoom 1.8.6 to an obscure system? 

Noinfighting is not valid on 1.8.6. I don't know when it got added, not until after 2.0.05 for sure.

The replaceactor thing should work though.

I was under the impression that PSX Doom TC was not compatible with the latest GZDoom release. I tried updating to GZDoom 3.2 and the mod just would not launch.

As for the replaceactor line, well, if I summon a Spectre ('Spectre', 'PSXDemon' or 'PSXSpectre') through the console, the replacement will be spawned instead. However, Spectres that are already placed in the levels do not get replaced.

Maybe they aren't actual spectres and are instead replacing some other monster but just look like them? Even in classic Doom you could swap all kinds of monsters around entirely with DECORATE. I don't know if that is the case here or not.

So I tried redownloading and reinstalling the mod (using the link provided by Jets), but it still does not seem compatible with GZDoom 3.2, as I get the following error message upon launch:

Script error, "PSXDOOM.PK3:animdefs.txt" line 1796:
Unknown texture FWATER4

So what GZDoom build should I use?

4 minutes ago, JohnnyTheWolf said:

So I tried redownloading and reinstalling the mod (using the link provided by Jets), but it still does not seem compatible with GZDoom 3.2, as I get the following error message upon launch:

Unknown texture FWATER4

So what GZDoom build should I use?

Try something like 1.9.1 or 2.4.0.

On 11/16/2017 at 0:53 PM, Nevander said:

Maybe they aren't actual spectres and are instead replacing some other monster but just look like them?

In newer versions of the TC, all spectres/nightmare spectres on the map were replaced with demons, then UDMF was used to simulate the flag system of the PSX version. Spectres have their alpha value set to 0.25, while nightmare spectres have their render style set to subtractive and health doubled. I believe there's still DECORATE left in the main PK3 for the original spectre/nightmare spectre actors (since they're still used by The Lost Levels) but in all instances of the main TC they've been replaced.

On 11/17/2017 at 8:27 AM, JohnnyTheWolf said:

Unknown texture FWATER4

That doesn't sound like a problem with the engine, but rather a problem with your data. What files (including IWAD) are you loading with?

EDIT #1: Nevermind. It turns out I did not have DOOM2.wad in the folder and as such GZDoom was automatically loading HERETIC.wad for some reason.

EDIT #2: Playing with GZDoom 3.2.0, I am no longer hearing any music, even though I still have PSXTCMUS.PK3 and PSXLOSTMUS.pk3 in the mod's folder. The game tells me it cannot find the tracks any more.

EDIT #3: It seems like some of the game play options are bugged. I still get the PSX weapon select key layout regardless of what I pick and turning 'PC Aspect Ratio' on will override my GZDoom settings, making all weapons look blurry and pixelated. The same thing happens when I pick any other option than 'Map Relevent' (sic) for SSG sprites.

EDIT #4: Is it me or does the latest PSX Doom TC build feature brand-new monster sounds? Every monster now has an unique pain sound and the Chaingunner sounds completely different from the other Possessed. Not that I mind the changes, but I do not recall hearing them before in previous PSX Doom TC released or even in Playstation Doom itself.

EDIT #5: So it seems typing in 'replaceactor = "Spectre", "PSXNightmareSpectre"' in MAPINFO.txt does the trick.

Edited by JohnnyTheWolf

4 hours ago, JohnnyTheWolf said:

EDIT #4: Is it me or does the latest PSX Doom TC build feature brand-new monster sounds? Every monster now has an unique pain sound and the Chaingunner sounds completely different from the other Possessed. Not that I mind the changes, but I do not recall hearing them before in previous PSX Doom TC released or even in Playstation Doom itself.

The newest version of the TC comes with Sound Caulking (PSX flavor) which can be disabled using the Customizer.

As for issues with PSX Doom resetting your settings, it loads a separate INI file. Changing your GZDoom settings and then launching the TC will not work. You will need to change the settings while you are running the TC. That should solve it, but if it doesn't... I'm not exactly sure what the problem would be at that point.

I am kind of confused about all the lostmix.pk3 versions. There are 4 now, one lostmix.pk3 and three modified versions named Alfaifi, ori and ScottGray. Is one of the corrected to a point where all levels actually load? And if I load lostnrfl.pk3 along with it, where will those levels go in the order?

On 10/27/2017 at 1:49 PM, Average said:

It would be nice to have an updated collection collated into one post.  Perhaps Ling or someone could sticky it so that it always easily found?

I know I'm a bit late in responding to this, but I don't come around these parts as often as I used to. I just edited the OP to remove the broken link and to clean it up a bit. Anybody can feel free to message me if any more links become broken or to add any project updates to the post, I'll try my best to add them as soon as possible.

On 19/12/2017 at 3:23 PM, CDexWard said:

I am kind of confused about all the lostmix.pk3 versions. There are 4 now, one lostmix.pk3 and three modified versions named Alfaifi, ori and ScottGray. Is one of the corrected to a point where all levels actually load? And if I load lostnrfl.pk3 along with it, where will those levels go in the order?

LOSTMIX.PK3.ori => it's original file present in original pack @ first post, quite simply.
LOSTMIX.PK3 => by kroc (most complete. So used)

LOSTMIX.pk3.Alfaifi => by...Alfaifi = old version corrected (in principle useless now, but kept "just in case")
LOSTMIX.PK3.ScottGray => by...(same)

so you leave like that, and it should roll

On 11/27/2011 at 6:23 PM, Mattfrie1 said:

DOWNLOAD LINKS TO TC (Copied from ScottGray's post)
PSX Doom TC Version 2.135

doom_front.jpg

fenderc01 (Who made the original PSX Doom TC) has kindly made a mediafire page which compiles all the files (including the most recent TC update) related to this project on one page. Please click here for the link.

GAME MUSIC (PSXTCMUS.PK3) (76.5MB)
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?w1uo81ee7ikc7kb

Credits

fenderc01 (Maker of PSX DOOM TC/Resources/Tester)

Dragonsbretheren (Updated TC Maker/Tester)

Gez (Assistance with weapon and monster coding)

Scottgray (Lead Programmer on PSX Final Doom maps)

Omnipotus (PSX Final Doom Converter)

lafoxxx (Rerecorded Music/Tester)

unknownna (Multiple Bugfix Updates)

scalliano (Credits roll/Tester)

Sodaholic (Sprite/Palette Conversion)

Testers:

francis247uk

buttspit

GBT3

Hellknight2012

Charu

nirv

ORIGINAL POST

Reveal hidden contents

I made this proposal in a thread that recently got PH'ed (I guess the op posted warez), but would anyone be interested in making a TC that recreated Playstation Final Doom for the PC?

For those that might not know, Final Doom on the Playstation stores it's maps in some kind of a ROM format, different from the original PSX Doom that stored it's maps in the traditional WAD format.

Because of this, Kaiser's PSXMAKE tool (which fueled the creation of the PSX Doom TC) doesn't effectively work on Final Doom levels, as they are compressed in a different way. I PM'ed Kaiser recently on the matter, and he told me that he no longer had the resources to edit the PSXMAKE program to recognize PSX Final Doom levels.

So, it seems to me that the only way to actually get these levels on the PC would be to edit the PC versions of the maps so they resemble their PSX counterparts. I started to edit Attack.wad from the Master Levels for Doom II, and it definitely seems possible that something of this nature can be done, even if it seems rather tedious. However, it would be better if multiple mappers worked on converting the levels, as it can be a long process for one person to try and notice every little detail that was changed for the PSX version.

As for myself, I'd be more than willing to assist in the project in any way possible. I am still sort of a n00b on using Doombuilder, but I'm sure I could at least edit 1 or 2 levels.

So, would anybody be interested in the idea?

i'm gonna download this, nice job on the mod!

Ok, so I noticed a few things that don't seem correct.

• On MAP30, you can skip the blue key completely. The switch behind the blue bars is totally pressable through the gap on the side. This doesn't seem to be possible in the actual console version according to any% speedrun route. I made a quick fix for now by adding locknumber to the switch itself, maybe there's a better solution.
  • Health and inventory never reset, so you can go to the Entryway with a BFG and 200 blue armor, which is silly. Also, if you have a chainsaw selected before you go to an episode end briefing, the chainsaw sound will play during the whole thing. Here's a fix that forces a pistol start during every episode transition.
  • Also, there was a small fix for MAP65 posted earlier, and it's not mentioned anywhere else:

Is there a particular way to the load order of the files, if someone wanted to add another gameplay mod to this?  I'm trying to use Complex Doom with it (which, btw, a friend had to remove PSXDoom's LOCKDEFs to make it so doors can be unlocked via their keys), but I just get an error for the game music.  Hearing the PS1 start-up sound nonstop gets kind of old after a minute or two.

Base Profile Screenshot 2018.02.25 - 21.25.46.42.png

On 12/5/2011 at 12:57 AM, Blastfrog said:

It's the main resource file on the disc, contains sprites, textures, stuff like that.

Much appreciated, Blastfrog.  I'm keeping up with that thread over there, but I was hoping to also have The Lost Levels included for playing after I beat all the other "episodes".  Yet including that PK3 resulted in a "defaultmap.txt" file missing.

Also, it doesn't work with Zandronum it seems.  Shame, as loading saved files with it seems to lock up GZDoom.

Ok, so I figured out how to get the music working.  For some strange reason, it's expecting the ogg files to be named what wasn't found when looking at the console.  So as a result, I managed to get the music working again.  So now I can use the PSX loading screen addon, Williams Logo addon, and PSX title screen addon with all the music intact.

Edited by NightSprinter : Forgot to mention something.

4 hours ago, qweqioweuo123 said:

anyone knows how to play this on beloko's android port with gzdoom?

there's too many files here. it used to be just a pk3

It still is.  Just extract PSXDOOM.pk3 from the zip.

Should look like this on Android:

20180308_222045.png

Whenever I attempt to input changes into the customiser they do not show up when I run the PSXDoom.exe, also whenever I reopen the customiser the changes I made are reverted back to default

Has anyone encountered this?